• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Request - Can we get a macro that checks what collectibles you need and auto claims via the Overseer Collectible Item Dispenser? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
250¢
Just thinking it would be super convenient if there were a way to auto claim collectibles via the Overseer Collection Item Dispenser instead of having to click through for each and every item.

it is possible

Care to elaborate? The last time (was at least 6 months ago) I tried to access the collection lists/item names I couldn't work it out. I only spent an afternoon (avoid uni work) trying to get the information and gave up opting not to create a new time sink I didn't have time for, lol

Care to elaborate? The last time (was at least 6 months ago) I tried to access the collection lists/item names I couldn't work it out. I only spent an afternoon (avoid uni work) trying to get the information and gave up opting not to create a new time sink I didn't have time for, lol
Search for ach.mac

What is ach.mac?
It's posted on MQ2 forums in VIP section... It scans your achievs and outputs it to a ini file.

Been rewritten and is also used in shiny.mac

Search for ach.mac

What is ach.mac?
It's posted on MQ2 forums in VIP section... It scans your achievs and outputs it to a ini file.

Been rewritten and is also used in shiny.mac

I don't see any use of accessing the items in the shiny.mac . I did peruse many macros at the time trying to find a use of it, but nothing =(

and sadly I don't have MQ2 forum VIP access, I did donate many years ago and lost the account password/never recovered it (had a stupid name, didn't think it was a loss ). Last time I checked you don't donate for access anymore, but get invited or something...shrug =\

I don't see any use of accessing the items in the shiny.mac . I did peruse many macros at the time trying to find a use of it, but nothing =(

and sadly I don't have MQ2 forum VIP access, I did donate many years ago and lost the account password/never recovered it (had a stupid name, didn't think it was a loss ). Last time I checked you don't donate for access anymore, but get invited or something...shrug =\

Nah, you need to chuck ten bucks per year on the forum. It goes to eqmule so if you donate through RG for early access you could skip one month and get a year VIP, and the cash ends up in the same place. Not much on that forum in reality, though.

Nah, you need to chuck ten bucks per year on the forum. It goes to eqmule so if you donate through RG for early access you could skip one month and get a year VIP, and the cash ends up in the same place. Not much on that forum in reality, though.

yeah sorry, its not in the macro. But to use the shiny.mac to collect the collectibles from the houses, you need to run the collections.mac (this is from mq2 forums and uses the code to read from achievements. And the collections.mac is built from ach.mac (I think it said somewhere))

EDIT
| Written by MacQ | Copyright 2014 by MacQ all rights reserved.
| Special Note: The GatherCollections subroutine is based on an original subroutine within
| the Ach.mac written by dewey2461.

Last edited:
Well...

No one asked for a macro for the ach listing, the only macro that the post asked for was selecting the overseer rewards(has its own quirks and difficulty accessing lists afaik) . Someone said something related wasn't possible to which someone else said it was... to which I asked for elaboration.
While I have nothing against donating directly or indirectly to eqmule I didn't see the option on the forums yesterday else to do so. It's located in the page after the landing macroquest2.com

The current way to access the information isn't like the usual window TLO and requires manually selecting an expansion collection achievement tree. Where the macro will then step through every next and next next to get names/checkbox information. Theoretically the macro there could be modified to then claim the reward with an additional include file and sub to claim from an overseer collectible clicky... But we can't access the multiple lists to select the correct rewards in the task reward window, which last I read was also difficult/impossible because of the actual way it works fundamentally in eq for both a macro and a plugin level of access to information/commands. The task reward window is dynamic and there is some click event which does something with the window and 'seeing' the tabs names/reward option names/counts doesn't seem simply possible

TL;DR

So the original post about reward selection/claiming, afaik its not at all possible.

The follow up question about lists for missing collection items.... It is possible from the macro 'collections manager' in the VIP area of the mq2 forums, but doesn't use a straightforward window TLO access to find the items, which required a bit of legwork to work out wtf was going on

I have used the shiny.mac etc, and it is great for making a list of what you need(as well as going through bazaar to buy if you so choose). What I am suggesting is taking that a step further and just have something automatically use that list and claim overseer collection item dispensers to fill in the blanks.

I have used the shiny.mac etc, and it is great for making a list of what you need(as well as going through bazaar to buy if you so choose). What I am suggesting is taking that a step further and just have something automatically use that list and claim overseer collection item dispensers to fill in the blanks.

INI:
Give this a try, put both files into the macro folder. Do not have any rewards outstanding !

Step 1: /mac collections gather
Step 2: /mac reward XPAC

Need to manually enter which xpac TBL/RoS etc, same as what you were standing on with /mac collection gather
Valid options for XPAC is TBL|RoS|EoK|TBM|TDS|CotF|RoF

Claiming the dispensers seems to bug out quite frequently but no fear.

@jande is on it

Looks like its getting there, still quite manual but it looks like only a matter of time /cheer Jande
Interested in what you mean by this.

Manual actions should just be
open achievements to correct collection tab
/mac collections gather
/mac reward relevantXPAC

then it should claim the ones missing
if the claim doesn't happen
/endm
/reload
/mac reward relevantXPAC

Collection items itself you have to click manually as the macro doing it would stuff up the rewards window

This is as good as I can get it.

I have thought about this.... I think definitely possible though not sure how to achieve it in code myself. I hacked together something with the mq2 forum macro to search bazaar and buy missing collections below certain plat limit which wasn't too hard, but the claim menu really makes this difficult I think.

Would need to run collections.mac to output all missing collections to an INI. You then would need all collections mapped in a huge array.. so you know which sub menu selections need to be made from the claim window like EoK -> Lceanium -> Dreadleaves and so forth (this is probably the major limitation), then need to compare the two lists and make the correct claim reward menu choices, and finally just need to click the collections itself. The first part is already done, second part I have no idea how to map that out (would take days to do by hand -- probably run collections.mac on a character w/o any claims and then somehow sub divide that into arrays by expansion, zone, then collection). The third step is the real kicker... allowing you to claim each sub item on the claim rewards window.

I have thought about this.... I think definitely possible though not sure how to achieve it in code myself. I hacked together something with the mq2 forum macro to search bazaar and buy missing collections below certain plat limit which wasn't too hard, but the claim menu really makes this difficult I think.

Would need to run collections.mac to output all missing collections to an INI. You then would need all collections mapped in a huge array.. so you know which sub menu selections need to be made from the claim window like EoK -> Lceanium -> Dreadleaves and so forth (this is probably the major limitation), then need to compare the two lists and make the correct claim reward menu choices, and finally just need to click the collections itself. The first part is already done, second part I have no idea how to map that out (would take days to do by hand -- probably run collections.mac on a character w/o any claims and then somehow sub divide that into arrays by expansion, zone, then collection). The third step is the real kicker... allowing you to claim each sub item on the claim rewards window.
I already did it https://www.redguides.com/community/resources/shiny-mac-eq-collection-items.1214/
/mac reward XPAC

It does not click the collection itself that will mess with the reward window. Easy enough to manually do the clicks after the macro stops

Request - Can we get a macro that checks what collectibles you need and auto claims via the Overseer Collectible Item Dispenser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back