• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Lua - Brief Item Find (bitem) (1 Viewer) Ver 0.4

RedCents
11,239¢
toadwart submitted a new resource:

Brief Item Find (bitem) - Bitem - Find a list of who has 'em, not who doesn't

Searches all toons connected to your server and via dannet, queries who has the search item, and how many they have in inventory/bank, reporting back in the MQ2 window.

Will search by name, or ID, or cursor item. Can search self only, or all toons connected via dannet, with the Lua loaded

I wanted an inverse search solution, relative to mq2status. I run 24 toons in a raid, and doing a status for 24 toons to find 1 toon with an item on my smaller screen was very tedious going line by line...

Read more about this resource...

The only write file I have in my MQNext folder is in the lib folder and shows
Write = { _version = '1.0' }

Where do we find the 1.1+ version at?

Update: Found this. :) write.lua

Update: All I got is Gremlins. lol

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Write.Lua should exist in your root Lua directory. And it can be found in the launcher if you're watching it on the forums. The v1.0 in the lib folder is one of SpEd's copies specifically for his luas, but it's not the version my Lua's use, which are the currently supported version that Knightly has on Git (currently v 1.4)

Found here:

If you overwrote the one in lib it won't cause any issues as it's backwards compatible and won't break SpEd's luas. But his luas specifically look in the "lib" folder he created. This Lua specifically looks in the root Lua folder for the Lua file, which is what your dump file above is telling you, it can't find Write.Lua in the /lua folder. (rewriting the Lua to always use the lib folder version won't work either, as every launcher update would retrograde the lib folder copy back to version 1.0, but will update the Lua folder version to the latest version from git)

Last edited:
You'll need to give me more info here. that error code comes out because it's not matching any of the search criteria right. What search string did you execute for that error? you should have just used:

/bitem all
or
/bitem me

since you had it on your cursor. I can't find an iteration that gives me that fail message, though obviously something's triggering it. I can kind of get it, if I do a

/bitem me all

but that's incorrect syntax, because you're searching both me and all. I can add some argument filtering for that, probably should anyway for a bit better error catching.

while it's on your mouse you need either me or all, not both, and it automatically searches by item id by default since it has one on hand to check the ID with.

You'll need to give me more info here. that error code comes out because it's not matching any of the search criteria right. What search string did you execute for that error? you should have just used:

/bitem all
or
/bitem me

since you had it on your cursor. I can't find an iteration that gives me that fail message, though obviously something's triggering it. I can kind of get it, if I do a

/bitem me all

but that's incorrect syntax, because you're searching both me and all. I can add some argument filtering for that, probably should anyway for a bit better error catching.

while it's on your mouse you need either me or all, not both, and it automatically searches by item id by default since it has one on hand to check the ID with.
I tried it both ways, still has the same error returned, I also tried it with different items

1662249649864.png

toadwart updated Brief Item Find (bitem) with a new update entry:

Moar error checking!

I've added six new error checking clauses, and tried to be as descriptive as possible about what is wrong, or missing. I made a few minor tweaks and adjustments, but don't believe any of them trigger the errors being seen.

For additional feedback please provide the exact command string you're entering, and whether you had something on your cursor or not when you get the gremlin message. That message indicates there's a condition people are using that I have totally overlooked, and I cannot...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You should have got an error message saying you needed that second variable:
1662315751862.png

But I see where I made a mistake in my modifications from initial concept to roll-out. The syntax doesn't match the code reality. I'll re-tweak. In the meantime use the syntax with name or id at the end while holding it on your cursor. /bitem all name or /bitem all id with item on cursor.

I loaded /dga /lua run bitem and then get the error message "Ending Lua script with PID 3 and Status 2

Am I doing something wrong

Attachments

• bitem_error.jpg
    bitem_error.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I am currently traveling, but I can look into it when I get home. A screenshot showing the whole error would be helpful. What you've provided will not help me identify the problem unfortunately. My very first guess would be missing dannet, or write.Lua most likely however.

I am currently traveling, but I can look into it when I get home. A screenshot showing the whole error would be helpful. What you've provided will not help me identify the problem unfortunately. My very first guess would be missing dannet, or write.Lua most likely however.
You are correct. How do I install those ...as you can see in the attachment, I am missing a number of things. When I try to use the command for EQBC and not use Dannet I am getting the same message.

To send a command to the entire group I do believe it is:

/dgga

If you are sending to all clients listening to Dannet not just your group:

/dgae
Let me tell you what I did, I hit watch on the Lua bitem page so that it would download the Lua Script. The I connected all my players to /bccmd connect and tried to run the script. I am sure that I am missing something because all the files it is looking for do not exist in the places in which it is looking.

@Medicman

i scrolled back up and looked at your attachment with the error messages. It said you do not have Write.Lua installed. Are you also watching write.Lua as per this post

Write.Lua should exist in your root Lua directory. And it can be found in the launcher if you're watching it on the forums. The v1.0 in the lib folder is one of SpEd's copies specifically for his luas, but it's not the version my Lua's use, which are the currently supported version that Knightly has on Git (currently v 1.4)

Found here:

If you overwrote the one in lib it won't cause any issues as it's backwards compatible and won't break SpEd's luas. But his luas specifically look in the "lib" folder he created. This Lua specifically looks in the root Lua folder for the Lua file, which is what your dump file above is telling you, it can't find Write.Lua in the /lua folder. (rewriting the Lua to always use the lib folder version won't work either, as every launcher update would retrograde the lib folder copy back to version 1.0, but will update the Lua folder version to the latest version from git)

I am not the creator/owner of this script so I am just trying to offer troubleshooting suggestions.

Be well. Happy gaming.

I would start by downloading the Lua that Gekko suggested, and watch the resource to keep it up to date. Try that first and see if it resolves your issues, or if there are other things coming up. I suspect that is the only issue that you're suffering. I can probably put an error catch in there to notify people in the future if they don't have the write.Lua though, so that part is clear at least.

I would start by downloading the Lua that Gekko suggested, and watch the resource to keep it up to date. Try that first and see if it resolves your issues, or if there are other things coming up. I suspect that is the only issue that you're suffering. I can probably put an error catch in there to notify people in the future if they don't have the write.Lua though, so that part is clear at least.
Thanks for your help ...I am no longer getting that error but when I run /dgae /lua run bitem it says that it is already running and not starting another instance. Should I be seeing a window pop up?

no, there is no associate window. like a macro it's running in the background once you've started. now you can run the /bitem command as the help info suggests in order to find the items you are looking for. you can either pick something up and have everyone report if they have it, or search for it on one or all toons by name. Pretty much any /bitem command that is incorrectly executed will call the usage info and reprint it to the mq window for you.
-- /bitem me - while holding an item it will search your inventory for all items by that ID/Name and report back to you in the MQ window how many you possess
-- /bitem all - while holding an item it will find all items by that name in your inventory as well as that on other players in your dannet channels and report back in the MQ window for each toon holding 1 or more
-- /bitem me id <item id> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated ID in your inventory
-- /bitem me name <item name> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated Name in your inventory
-- /bitem all id <item id> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated id in your inventory as well as all toons connected via dannet
-- /bitem all name <item name> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated name in your inventory as well as all toons connected via dannet
-- /bitem log debug - toggles debug mode on for some additional feedback

but it's also in the "commands" tab up top, or here in orange!

toadwart updated Brief Item Find (bitem) with a new update entry:

Inventory output split worn/free inventory

Updated the output so that it shows how many are either in worn slots and/or augment slots vs just floating in free inventory

Example:
Flameshield Stone augment
  • 2 placed into armor slots
  • 2 floating in bags
It will tell you that you have 4 total, 2 of them are worn, and 2 of them are in your free inventory slots in your bags

Of note: an augment in a piece of armor in your inventory will simply state it's in your free inventory, it won't tell you where it is located...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I run this Lua i get these lines in error code red:

[MQ2] module 'Write' not found: no field package.preload['Write'] no file
C:\Users \......\Macroquest\......Lua\Write\init.Lua' no file
C:\Users \......\Macroquest\......Lua\init.Lua' no file
C:\Users \......\Macroquest\......\Release\modules\2.1.1697887905\luarocks\......

and a bunch more spam...

Any clues?

When I run this Lua i get these lines in error code red:

[MQ2] module 'Write' not found: no field package.preload['Write'] no file
C:\Users \......\Macroquest\......Lua\Write\init.Lua' no file
C:\Users \......\Macroquest\......Lua\init.Lua' no file
C:\Users \......\Macroquest\......\Release\modules\2.1.1697887905\luarocks\......

and a bunch more spam...

Any clues?
No clue,. Try MQ2Status to find items, in the meantime.

Lua - Brief Item Find (bitem)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back