• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Brief Item Find (bitem) Ver 0.4

Software Requirements
Write v1.1+ (should be at least 1.4 auto downloaded at this point in time via the launcher)
Server Type
🏢 Live
Searches all toons connected to your server and via dannet, queries who has the search item, and how many they have in inventory/bank, reporting back in the MQ2 window.

Will search by name, or ID, or cursor item. Can search self only, or all toons connected via dannet, with the Lua loaded

I wanted an inverse search solution, relative to mq2status. I run 24 toons in a raid, and doing a status for 24 toons to find 1 toon with an item on my smaller screen was very tedious going line by line. This only returns an echo to the MQ2 window if you *do* have the item being searched, otherwise no return.

Usage:
-- /bitem me - while holding an item it will search your inventory for all items by that ID/Name and report back to you in the MQ window how many you possess
-- /bitem all - while holding an item it will find all items by that name in your inventory as well as that on other players in your dannet channels and report back in the MQ window for each toon holding 1 or more
-- /bitem me id <item id> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated ID in your inventory
-- /bitem me name <item name> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated Name in your inventory
-- /bitem all id <item id> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated id in your inventory as well as all toons connected via dannet
-- /bitem all name <item name> - Counts and reports back in the MQ window the number of items found with the stated name in your inventory as well as all toons connected via dannet
-- /bitem log debug - toggles debug mode on for some additional feedback, /bitem log info would switch back to normal output
--
-- Note: Will only report to MQ window if you have more than zero of an item
-- Must run Lua on all toons, but then can execute the /bitem command on any one toon, and if using the all flag it will trigger a response on all dannet connected toons

Of Note: Not recommended during combat, or other active endeavors. The Lua *will* attempt to pause the plugins for twist, autoforage, and cwtn plugins while it's performing it's actions in order to get accurate inventory queries, and then re-enable them again after it returns information.
-I state this, as I have had instances where usage during combat will cause some few toons to pause and then not unpause correctly if the automation routines are mid-cast or mid-action when it tries to pause and execute. I have had zero issues when used outside of combat to date however.
Author
toadwart
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from toadwart

Share this resource

Latest updates

1. Inventory output split worn/free inventory - v0.4

Updated the output so that it shows how many are either in worn slots and/or augment slots vs...
  2. Depot capability Added v0.30

Added tradeskill depot counts to the lua Also adjusted the pause and restart function to make...
  3. Yet Moar error checks! Plus some other tweaks

Fixed the command to allow /bitem me or /bitem all while holding an object to work, as...
Back