• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Boxed toons following you over zoneline (1 Viewer)

RedCents
70¢
Im not sure if this can be done, but when boxing several toons, and having them on stic behind me, is there a way to get them to come across a zone line with me? They all stop short of it when I zone of course, since Im not there follow me anymore, but im wondering if there is a plugin or macro that I can use near zone lines where they would continue to move forward a liitle bit after I zone.

All of mine cross the zone with me, and I'm just using CWTN and RGmercs on those toons. Only once in a blue moon do they stop short of zone line, and its usually just one out of the six if it happens. Im sure someone does have a solution for you though. Great staff here :)

I tend to use the features for easyfind when I'm traveling to send my characters to the next zone over and just send it to all characters in the group so that they've all been individually instructed to cross the zoneline. This avoids missing one or two and they all cross. Stick is a nice hands off method of handling movement for the most part, but sometimes you need some more precise instructions for your characters to ensure there aren't any delays.

Im not sure if this can be done, but when boxing several toons, and having them on stic behind me, is there a way to get them to come across a zone line with me? They all stop short of it when I zone of course, since Im not there follow me anymore, but im wondering if there is a plugin or macro that I can use near zone lines where they would continue to move forward a liitle bit after I zone.

@Badbyte CWTN mentioned using the easyfind gui (/easyfind ui) or you could enter the command /travelto group <zone short name>. Easy find, if I am not mistaken is using the /travelto command but if you know the zone name typing the command manually might be faster. Just some food for thought.

Be well.

MQ2EasyFind:
  1. CTRL+F
  2. SHIFT+CTRL+Lclick zone target
Shift modifier sends everyone to your Find target.

For some reason, when i hit Ctrl F, the window pops up, but no zone names are listed. Maybe there is something im not understanding. When I use a /travelto command, it just says Zone guide has been minimizd, you can restore it but if you close it, /travelto will fail. Does this just work on live? I am playing on an Emu server.

For some reason, when i hit Ctrl F, the window pops up, but no zone names are listed. Maybe there is something im not understanding. When I use a /travelto command, it just says Zone guide has been minimizd, you can restore it but if you close it, /travelto will fail. Does this just work on live? I am playing on an Emu server.
EMU is a different creature. This is the first mention of it being an EMU that you were on.
The original easyfind that eqmule wrote only works if the zones are listed in the find window. So if those aren't there, the easyfind wont' work on emu.

I tend to use the features for easyfind when I'm traveling to send my characters to the next zone over and just send it to all characters in the group so that they've all been individually instructed to cross the zoneline. This avoids missing one or two and they all cross. Stick is a nice hands off method of handling movement for the most part, but sometimes you need some more precise instructions for your characters to ensure there aren't any delays.

ONly problem with easyfind (and this is 100% what I use). Is some zones don’t work. Like undershore to ruins as an example. But for 95% of travel it’s perfect.

1. SHIFT+CTRL+Lclick zone target
This changed my life when I discovered this!
Same; thanks to Sic for posting it (changes in MQNext & plugins) so frequently so everyone sees the changes. When I came back to EQ after taking a several month break from prior to the MQNext release, I thought MQ2EasyFind wasn't working and was ready to give up on returning. haha

Last edited:
Question - Boxed toons following you over zoneline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back