• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Boxed group composition (1 Viewer)

dobby22

RedCents
457¢
Thinking about adding a 6th to my boxed group. Just wanted to see what everyone would do in my shoes. Currently have 5 level 112s. Sk, monk, shaman, enchanter, ranger. Then have cleric merc on tank. I hear the shaman should be able to heal on his own for most content. If I were to pop a heroic should I go with a berserker? Would it be worth it to reroll the enchanter as a bard? Trying to decide what to do. I seem to be lacking on dps with my current setup.

You're mostly a melee group. Swapping the Enchanter for a Bard gives more melee centric ADPS and can still provide lockdown CC.
I was partial to zerker x2 up until I rolled a rogue. Assassinate kicks Decap's ass and will be a welcome addition to leveling your toons once you break into TOL.
I have two barely geared 118 rogues and they are individually matching or out DPSing my max AA + raid weapon zerker when it comes to Shei instance farming.

Zerker however never runs out of juice.
Beastlord will help with paragons to keep your team fighting longer.
If you roll a Bard, Sic's 120 KA profile is excellent, but I now run a KA ini that runs 4 dots / 2 insults / warmarch / aria.

I run CWTN plugins for reference.

But, I forgot to say, play what's fun for you. I zoomed to end game with SK/Shammy/Brd/Zerk/Zerk/Bst and won't say I regretted it, but definitely getting bored of this group.
No real challenges or speedbumps until I got to Mean Streets pre-nerfs.

So ended up swapping bard in for the enchanter and a rogue for the cleric merc. What a difference in dps that made. And sic you’re right about monk. But he was my true main from back in 2000 and I’m used to driving him and pulling with him. I’m thinking about making the monk account like a hot swap account. Possibly level a cleric and/or zerker on it to provide more options. I doubt the shaman will be able to keep up with heals on all content but man that cwtn mq2shaman plugin is nice for heals, even at 112.

Agree with Myhdbender, shaman will have no trouble keeping SK alive in Live end game. I have seen monks do extremely well when played well. But swapping the monk for a bst would probably surprise you in that group.

Agree with Myhdbender, shaman will have no trouble keeping SK alive in Live end game. I have seen monks do extremely well when played well. But swapping the monk for a bst would probably surprise you in that group.
Agree with above. The SHM has zero issues keeping up post 100 and some AA.

Monk vs BST in the same group and exact same gear (ToL T3 Group full) from my experience - DPS was identical, with maybe Monk slightly ahead due to RNG, or not having to throw an additional heal around every so often on encounters. However, the rest of the group's DPS was so much more with the BST in the group. Wasn't even close.

BST > MNK

I get it. My 2nd ever character was a Monk, 96 hour Raster camp. While that char is long gone, I get the nostalgia and Monk was the first class I made when I came back. 2nd was SHM as I was going to 2box and then I found this site and bought CWTN for both. Someone convinced me to grab a Tank, and 1 day later I had a full 6 LOL. I fought forever on the MNK being my driver, puller, etc and Sic the wise, Sic the all-knowing convinced me to switch my driver to the SHD and I never looked back and eventually replaced the MNK with the BST. I now run a BST in pretty much every group I make. aDPS, 2nd heals, nonstacking buffs at higher levels, additional pet tank in a pinch, the list goes on.

Make the switch, you won't regret it.

Thinking about adding a 6th to my boxed group. Just wanted to see what everyone would do in my shoes. Currently have 5 level 112s. Sk, monk, shaman, enchanter, ranger. Then have cleric merc on tank. I hear the shaman should be able to heal on his own for most content. If I were to pop a heroic should I go with a berserker? Would it be worth it to reroll the enchanter as a bard? Trying to decide what to do. I seem to be lacking on dps with my current setup.
Go bards, tank/bard/enc/cleric are the new cool minimum viable product...then whatever you feel like dps wise

I was also looking for a list of the most important shaman AAs but haven't had much luck. I have just been getting anything healing related I see so far as that is his main role in this group.

Also, I think the monk is getting ready to head down the dusty trail in lieu of a beastlord lol

I was also looking for a list of the most important shaman AAs but haven't had much luck. I have just been getting anything healing related I see so far as that is his main role in this group.

Also, I think the monk is getting ready to head down the dusty trail in lieu of a beastlord lol
I would do anything healing related, and reckless / squall focus

abundant healing, healing adept/boon/gift

make sure your juicey "on use" abilities are a focus too - like canni

I was also looking for a list of the most important shaman AAs but haven't had much luck.
Most important: Make sure focus AA lines are including your current spells. Autogrant leaves you one rank short, and thats a 12% loss (for ToV era) to a 24% loss (ToL era) on the level appropriate spells. This includes synergy.

From there, soothsayers intervention is a spell gem replacement skill, so needs to be upgraded if you want the newer version AA castable.

Keeping canni current is always a good idea.

From there, its just prioritizing the stuff you use most over the stuff that exists but isnt that great. Some of it is dependent on what you do specifically. If you're using multiple reckless spells, mastery of the past is a lot better than if you arent.

Question - Boxed group composition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back