• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Better way to post screenshots? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,708¢
I used to use IMGUR cause it was so easy to edit screenshots with it but a while back they changed their editing tool and now it is no longer user friendly. Any suggestions for a better screen shot/editing to use?

Thanks!

I use windows built in screen snip tool
Shift + Windows Key + S
This puts the highlighted area you select on your clipboard. Then I keep a microsoft paint open that I just reuse to quickly paste it in, edit. Then screen snip again for pasting.

It's not intuitive for sure. But also doesn't require additional third party applications either.

I use windows built in screen snip tool
Shift + Windows Key + S
This puts the highlighted area you select on your clipboard. Then I keep a microsoft paint open that I just reuse to quickly paste it in, edit. Then screen snip again for pasting.

It's not intuitive for sure. But also doesn't require additional third party applications either.
👆This, same here.

I use ctrl + prtscr to take a screenshot
then ctrl v to paste it into paint for editing.

nothing at all wrong with the old tried and true methods...

the snipping tool has a few neat things to it though..

1 - you can set a delay to when it snapshots the screen.. so if you need to open a menu and get mouse in place, where you cannot do this normally with the normal methods.. its great for that..

and 2 - it has an edit button within the tool that will open the screenshot directly in paint...

but thats the great thing, everyone has their methods, and theres plenty of options out there..

SNip is lamesauce, but works.. I only use it cause I ran out of money from the poloraid cartridges. I use to do it the cool way and use my Poloraid camera and take a pic of my screen... Put it on the scanner...digitize and format and size it in Photoshop, print it out to glossy picture paper, mark it up with Pasca markers, cut it with scissors...re scan it on the old flatbed...format size and save it....then post it. Voila! PRO job !!! Quick too !

200.gif

that's one of those things you say to the kids nowadays, and they look at you funny.. you mean a PICTURE comes out of the camera?!

its like the old rotary phone.. good luck sending a SMS on that baby!

If we're including paid programs, it's hard to beat Snagit. It can handle scrolling windows, gifs, videos, and has a nice little editing program that's between mspaint and photoshop in function.

Better way to post screenshots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back