• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Best way to not use xtarget, but still farm stuff with other toons all spread out (1 Viewer)

Myysterio

Myysterio
RedCents
1,791¢
I have been trying to use class plugins and pocketfarm, but they all assist on Xtarget in hunter. Any good ideas to just make your toon go kill stuff and ignore everyone else?

probably best thing is to leave everyone in whatever manual mode (for cwtn stuff - and adjust things like xtargetcount) - and whatever for other automation - and then have a Lua scan your radius for mobs, and then target them and nav to them and turn on attack.

you know the cwtn plugins use xtargret for assisting, and for checking before pulling, and you know there's no way around that, which means you'll need to use something else to decide who and what to kill, a very small Lua script can handle that just fine

I was looking for the same kinda thing recently. I tried all kinds of variations of stuff and never found anything that worked. I spread 6 of them out and and with in no time they were right back together trying to kill the same mob.

probably best thing is to leave everyone in whatever manual mode (for cwtn stuff - and adjust things like xtargetcount) - and whatever for other automation - and then have a Lua scan your radius for mobs, and then target them and nav to them and turn on attack.

you know the cwtn plugins use xtargret for assisting, and for checking before pulling, and you know there's no way around that, which means you'll need to use something else to decide who and what to kill, a very small Lua script can handle that just fine
Yeah, I dont expect CWTN plugins to save the day on this one. Ive figured how they work, just trying to find a work around. Im killing level 40 mobs, i dont need anyone to assist anything.

Yeah, I dont expect CWTN plugins to save the day on this one. Ive figured how they work, just trying to find a work around. Im killing level 40 mobs, i dont need anyone to assist anything.
I just use a blank kissassist.ini with a huge radius and let me tank merc and pet mow down the whole zone. My character doesn’t need to do anything when the mobs are that low.

Edit: on hunter setting. Forgot to add that.

why are your team grouped? is it for banestrike farming? if so youi could just edit pocketfarm not care about the xtarget, and only care that your TargetID is alive or dead, if alive nav to it and kill, if dead find nother mob. it should be a fairly easy change.,

I think his issue is when you run pocketfarm on a dozen mobs in the same zone, eventually they all end up running after the same mob, therefore by the time one gets to it and kills it, the other 11 are just running around trying to reach the same mob.

I think his issue is when you run pocketfarm on a dozen mobs in the same zone, eventually they all end up running after the same mob, therefore by the time one gets to it and kills it, the other 11 are just running around trying to reach the same mob.
Thats why I need them to be in seperate camps, so they arent running all over the place. Every character has their own area of responsibility.

why are your team grouped? is it for banestrike farming? if so youi could just edit pocketfarm not care about the xtarget, and only care that your TargetID is alive or dead, if alive nav to it and kill, if dead find nother mob. it should be a fairly easy change.,

Easy for some, not for all. But I am gonna give this a shot.

Thats why I need them to be in seperate camps, so they arent running all over the place. Every character has their own area of responsibility.
With the camp function of pocketfarm, this should work if you can edit out the ignore extended target assist. You can always assign different types of mobs to different characters. The bard gets the important ones, he is the fastest to target!

Something I have found that works is using 2 characters, one as a main tank/main assist and one as a dps. Block all xtargets on the hunter and put the 2nd character to assistat 100%. The hunter runs around and picks up targets and the other character kills them. This only has two noted side effects, 1) If the mobs agro on the dps toon, you will create massive trains of mobs on your ignore list around the zone... 2) If your dps toon is a bard, they occasionally kill themselves. Also a significant chance that if the area overlaps, they will merge paths and fight same mobs, so put pull radius with no significant overlap so they will part again.

Question - Best way to not use xtarget, but still farm stuff with other toons all spread out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back