• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Best silver gear for dps: ToV T1? (1 Viewer)

Next question, what does Silver provide you that FTP doesn't
you can't "purchase" silver any more - but you get silver if you go all access and expire (and before people chime in that that doesn't happen anymore - I've literally done it with dozens of toons over the past year :p )

going all-access for a month (via krono or monies) allows you to auto-grant and get a bunch of AA (being silver you can't spend more than the silver AA cap, which is slightly more than the f2p aa cap --- but doing an autogrant will gives you thousands (at appropriate level) that you get to keep when you drop back to silver

So far, part of this ongoing discussion is trying to find out what allows you to go back to silver vs going back to Green aka F2P.

1. Using a Krono vs Credit Card ?
a. Using a Krono - YES this has worked everytime for me, but I always auto-grant and try and max the AA. ( I do usually have a character get to at least 100 and auto-grant )
b. Credit Card - ???? Guildies have tried this and revert back to Green aka F2P -- Still need to see if doing this and Auto-grant will grant you to silver.

2. Per Sic -- Use either CC or Krono
a. Use the Auto-Grant

Maybe the deciding factor is you must have a toon get up to a certain level that Auto-Grant will force you past the F2P limit cap of .. is it 1000 AA?

I can verify that 1 a = Silver

silver lets u keep any AA earned while gold, only grandfathered accounts can go silver from gold now
if you make a new account now , once it stops being gold it is a free to play account, limited to the AAs it can keep unless you buy access to more
being gold you can use prestige gear, not being gold (silver or ftp), you are limited to non prestige gear (vis, non vis, augs)

silver lets u keep any AA earned while gold, only grandfathered accounts can go silver from gold now
if you make a new account now , once it stops being gold it is a free to play account, limited to the AAs it can keep unless you buy access to more
being gold you can use prestige gear, not being gold (silver or ftp), you are limited to non prestige gear (vis, non vis, augs)
heh - like i mentioned in my reply, you still get accounts that go to silver. I have several month - 2 month old silver accounts

i didnt even know u could pay to get a silver account or when they stopped offering that service
my only options are gold (paid) or silver (free)
not sure what a month to month acct entails or if there is a charge for it (plus what happens to those when u stop paying for them)

i didnt even know u could pay to get a silver account or when they stopped offering that service
my only options are gold (paid) or silver (free)
not sure what a month to month acct entails or if there is a charge for it (plus what happens to those when u stop paying for them)
assuming you did it to autogrant, being silver doesnt give you much - tho it might allow you to talk in chat channels that f2p doesnt or something like that

Next question, what does Silver provide you that FTP doesn't
Besides the AA there is the ability to place your anchor in the guild hall and to see items in guild inventory. And, yes access to general chat channel. Max loyalty token velocity (when the account is at least 1 year old). Which might be important when they put Hero's Forge suit consolidators on the vendor next month.

From what all the posts here and there are confirming is that if you use a krono then you will revert to Silver. If you use a CC you will revert to F2P.

Unless its totally random by the system......that would be unheard of in Everquest!

Silver also allows you to talk in General Chat as well as have an A5 merc instead of a Bandaid patch using A2 Merc

I think the key might be to always use a Krono to activate your F2P account, level them up and use Auto-Grant.... Don't link a Credit Card to the account and let it expire before using a new krono.

@Sic - Do you always use Krono to activate or are you using a Credit Card?

P.S. Month to Month is either using a Krono or NOT signing up for a 3month, 6 month, 12 month , lifetime membership that is pre-paid on your account with Credit Card.

Question - Best silver gear for dps: ToV T1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back