• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Best 6 box setup tlp live (1 Viewer)

GlazingNecro5

RedCents
216¢
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site RG and I'm trying to figure out the best 6-box setup for live servers. Also Tlp I guess tlp to live? I'm not sure if I want to go with a melee or caster group, but I'm thinking about using a War, Cleric, Bard, Ranger, Monk, and Shaman.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I'm also committed to sticking to RedGuides and contribute and help
out to give and receive RedCents, and I hope to be a contributing member of the community. If you have any suggestions on where I should post this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Welcome!
MQ is not supported on Truebox servers. If/When a server transitions into "relaxed truebox" or complete removal of truebox restrictions, MQ support would be added at *sometime* afterwards.

> Here is the link to the sticky <

Other tools such as MySEQ and IonBC are available for truebox servers.

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Tanks, heals, CC.. the rest is flavor. I will say on live, monks are junks, and clerics while level 100 and under are great, once your shaman grows up, it can heal all group content, and DPS, so will be hamstringing yourself with the cleric.

However, play what you like, MQ makes adding new char fairly easy.

I am mainly using Ionbc as my main setup for tlp. I am planning to create a good setup for a 6-box class from tlp to live. I am thinking of doing this live. Which is the caster group possible.

Best is subjective. I personally would (and did) ditch dual healers and focus on top-end DPS (silver accounts; I would run a caster group).
WAR | CLR | BRD | +
MAG | MAG | MAG or NEC or
MAG | NEC | BST

Or, possibly better, ENC instead of BRD (I couldn't live without 1-hotkey selos + double invis).

This is all in consideration of playing on LIVE.

Last edited:
Best is subjective. I personally would (and did) ditch dual healers and focus on top-end DPS (silver accounts; I would run a caster group).
WAR | CLR | BRD | +
MAG | MAG | MAG or NEC or
MAG | NEC | BST
Would war cleric bard mage mage mage work better than war cleric bard necro necro necro ?

Would war cleric bard mage mage mage work better than war cleric bard necro necro necro ?
I think it would for group content and missions. Burn everything down quickly rather than waiting for dots to stack and tick. There are tons of threads asking about group composition and, while this one is outdated, it's got some parses that might interest you. I would skip WIZ as they aren't in a great place for DPS, but MAG is. NEC is going to take a while to get their DPS rolling, which means a slower group game. I'd probably roll and test the WAR/CLR/ENC/MAG/MAG/NEC.

Last edited:
One thing I have learned is that there really is no holy grail. While it's very true that some groups have better synergy than others, "almost" all groups can get the job done. It's been said before but ultimately, play what you like and what interests you because I think it keeps you engaged more.

The most successful groups I see are either caster or melee based and casters typically throw in an enc for CC and adps while melee groups use a bard. Other than that, there are many factors that will determine how well the crew you choose does from the xpac or zone you're in, to whatever DPG does with mobs in future expansions.

I personally would lean towards toons that you can use the cwtn plugins for as opposed to other automation simply due to the ease of use and adjustability when compared with other options, but that's me.

For your original suggestion of War, Cleric, Bard, Ranger, Monk, and Shaman, my red cents would be to use SHM if post level 100 and drop cleric. SHM is great for group and can handle heals, CLR is better for raiding. Drop monk and ranger and go zerk/bst. Monks seems to be in a bad place and I personally prefer the zer/bst combo to ranger/monk

Ranger offers some great offensive buffs for warrior. Bst swap for monk also provides a back-up tank and fills a lot of extra buffs. If you go melee heavy, consider SK or pally tank as they offer better grouping tools. The CWTN plugin for paladin is one of the best. I normally run caster heavy and use a bard. Legit 50k dps boost to each char even when poorly optimized. My current group is Pal/sham/mag/bst/bard plus whatever 6th flavor I am feeling that day. Zerk has insane synergy with that crew. After the holy trinity make 10 other chars so you can mix and match. Eq gives you flexibility to accomplish much, even when running 5 clerics and a monk.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site RG and I'm trying to figure out the best 6-box setup for live servers. Also Tlp I guess tlp to live? I'm not sure if I want to go with a melee or caster group, but I'm thinking about using a War, Cleric, Bard, Ranger, Monk, and Shaman.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this. I'm also committed to sticking to RedGuides and contribute and help
out to give and receive RedCents, and I hope to be a contributing member of the community. If you have any suggestions on where I should post this, please let me know.

Thanks!
If we are going to be here over the long haul best we always be honest with each other. I personally would choose a different setup. That is more a raid setup than a good group setup. First The Ranger love them. But they die a lot. Swap out for a Mage. You get CoH you will want that when boxing. Next The Monk I would swap him out for a BST get the player side dps but with a very strong pet. Next you don't need two priests. Keep the Shaman switch the Cleric out For A Necro next Warrior for Sk or Pally. SK is in a good place right now So SK, BST, Mage, Necro, Shaman and I'm personally not a fan of Bards as you will learn on this thread. But the Enchanter Plugin Is One of The Best So You can go I'd go Enchanter for Bard you aren't going to really be moving 6 toons around at Bard speed anyway. Now you have a full Pet Class DPS Buffing Rezzing you name it All with Plugins and probably the best Plugins at that. That's what I would do in today's game. If you play on FV I can help you. I try to help out as much as I can.

For TLP
To pop, 2-3 mages + a tank + shm + clr
if raiding see post-pop

Post-PoP till about SoD casters are poop
WAR+BRD+CLR+SHM+MNK+BER is optimal

For live, doesnt matter till your grinding to max

I have played years with SK, SHM, ENC, MAG, MAG, MAG.
I know there is some overlapping with Shaman and Enchanter debuffs and such. Trivial content, when there's not much healing to do, shammy does decent damage too. And Enchanter charming stuff can be real helper DPS wise.
3 x Mages and their Synergies are really good. Alliance, and ...of Many type of spells. + enchanter boosts tons of things with their auras.

Would 3 mages
3 necro
3 Wizard would be easy and lazy for just boxing and raids or also just for group grind and just getting aa I don’t think I will do so shm bard forever just want to relax like on Sod + what would you think would crush it and be relax for group/raid

On Live I am currently running SK/CLR/ENC/MAG/MAG/BST.

Firstly the SK. Such a powerhouse of a tank. I love this class so much since first playing it back in 2002. It does great DPS and I have had my under geared Cleric eat dust during a mission and he keeps on chugging with taps. Speaking of the Cleric she is the only class I might swap out for a SHM later on, but for now she is pretty much making it to where I never worry about going down on my SK even pulling 5-6 blue cons at a time without CCing. Speaking of CCing my ENC can pretty much control a whole zone if I let her, however lately I have been just been using her to buff the group and do some nuke/dot damage. The mages of course are absolutely insane with DPS even with their bad gear currently. The BST is great for burn DPS and also just making the rest of the group so much better with amazing buffs and mana sustain.

Overall I am very happy with this setup and I am barely using it to its maximum potential. It has all the tools and make running missions/farming progression a cake walk.

Edit: Also I will add that this group comp was also influenced by the fact that all these classes can use CWTN plugins of which I have all of them on these classes.

Last edited:
First off I would like to say that you should play what you feel like playing with. There are a lot of different groups that you can put together so look at what goals you want to achieve and have a group that will achieve it. Right now I am fooling around with a group of SK, Nec. Nec. Nec. Bst, and Enc. I have the Nec set to fear different mobs (one for the dead, one for reg mobs, and one that change dots.) I have 6 pets that hit what is left over. So far its fun to clear out an area really quick.

But again Learn the different classes and then when you feel good about them make your group.

Zeb

In situation of 3 same melees as dps one should go: Tank, Healer, Bard, Zerker, Zerker, Zerker. But that's purely my idea that I have in mind now. I would love to try it, but not sure if I got the time for it anyways.

As mentioned above Mages are awesome at a beginning of TLP, they can easy be used to pl other classes , farm , etc. after that just like everyone else just make what you like.
you will end up with alot of classes anyway at the end ;) if you like it that is!

Discussion - Best 6 box setup tlp live

Users who are viewing this thread

Back