• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - been gone so long need help (1 Viewer)

JoeDeltona

RedCents
731¢
hI all i have been gone so long I forgot everything and all my macros are gone. I was 6 botting and lost all my maps , my keys everything, I need to start fresh again and freaking out. all my chars are 120. im ready to get back and miss it very much. any advice to get started again will be very helpful thank you

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Man i miss you guys, I even forgot this site, the only way i found it was I searched for SIC and Eq lol and get back to reguide

Welcome back, not sure how long you where gone, but Sic's handy post has tons of good info. MQ has had a lot of changes in the last 2 years, def watch and IMO 100% dod a totally clean install of MQ and RG so you dont get wonky stuff due to leftovers.

Welcome back again!

i was gone over a year. its amazing how fast you forget everything, ,, im doing a fresh install now

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ
Thanks SIc i am doing the new user guide now

Welcome back! Crawl, walk, run. Take your time getting back into the groove and relearning everything. Take a peak at Buttonmaster if you are setting up hotkeys for the first time. Also, whenever you take a break, you can backup your MQ config folder to save all your ini files for the future.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

Welcome back!

I'm guessing you recall all the automation options, but there have been several changes/updates/additions in the last year or so. Check out Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free and you'll want to spend some time looking at CWTN Plugins Explained.).

Don't forget to check out QOL things like MQ2pluginmanager, buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, MQ2Autoaccept, MQ2Status, GuildClicky, Boxhud, MQ2Buffme , and more. You'll also want to see Lua event manager.

update: i spent all night trying to setup everything again, im almost ready to start playing again woot! you guys rock ! just bought 6 expansions :)

It'll probably come back to you a lot quicker than you think. I took quite a bit of time away and just came back myself and pretty much as soon as I started actively editing and messing with things it started to come back in full force.

Of course the little things will take time, but you'll be up and running mostly smoothly in a couple days.

Welcome back pal..! Usually and personally when I don't touch EQ for a while I like to take an evening to do a round up of things RG related and re-familiarize myself with stuff. It really doesn't take too long before you get to start rolling with your team once again. Take your time, enjoy, and don't hesitate to ask for help! :)

just wanted to post an update, I am 6 boxing again thanks to everyone's help. Im having so much fun in new expansions. Thanks again!

So glad to hear that, JoeDeltona. My NavHelper Lua may be useful. It’ll let you look up zones, send travel commands, and even handle ports and evacs if you have a wizard or Druid in the group. Sic and ChatWithThisName have integrated ports into the MQ2Druid, but mine can send the commands from your driving toon.

So glad to hear that, JoeDeltona. My NavHelper Lua may be useful. It’ll let you look up zones, send travel commands, and even handle ports and evacs if you have a wizard or Druid in the group. Sic and ChatWithThisName have integrated ports into the MQ2Druid, but mine can send the commands from your driving toon.
well for clarity - you can do the same with mq2druid (send command from driving toon) =p

thank you

IRL - been gone so long need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back