• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - beastlord or shaman (1 Viewer)

519helvis

test server lobbyist
RedCents
759¢
so im running a current gruop of war/bst/enc/clr/mnk/zerk and im currently pushing to level 100 ... i also have a shaman i use in another gruop but currently not giving much attn to. guess the question i have is post 105 (which i havent played much of yet) would the shm provide more utility through buffs and his ADPS spells etc than the bst? or will the bst utility shine more?

bst is a dps/adps and shm is a heal/adps - they're not really the same or something to compare against each other in current game

i run both in my main team(s)

once you are more current in content/spells, can trade out cleric for shm (unless its on bst account). Both bring goodness, and bst can be decent DPS.. with work..

all toons on seperate accts. (joy of being on test server) ive always liked my gruops dps heavy but also wanna run efficient on the heal/tank side ... also first time boxing a warrior over a knight in my groups and im finding the cleric doesnt have to do as much lol. perhaps swapping a shaman in even at 100 might suffice? willing to try different things just curious about other players experiences etc

When I came back, i started group 1 with a war and cleric.. very sad with the war now, and cleric, while an excellent healer.. is all it does. however, while leveling to 115, the *over heals* and quick rezzes (until you get clicky stick), are very very helpful and makes it less stress. in my opinion.

Shaman is good to have for the buffs and made into second healer if this is your main group with the clr. You could also use a druid instead of the shaman if you need another healer. You will get some good buffs, dots, ports and healing with the druid. I have never tried to run more than one bst in a group. That reason is because what is their to be gained by using them twice? The spells are the same. So they are stuck nuking and melee the mobs to do dps with 2 of them in the group. If you are looking for a dps in the group add another Ber (zerk) or monk (less dps than ber).

I agree with your comment about swapping the cleric for shaman.
Side note: Not really the question you asked, but that’s a melee group, maybe swap that chanter for a bard (unless that’s your main or something.)

Discussion - beastlord or shaman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back