• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard vs Enchanter (1 Viewer)

If you weren't running two mages I'd say Enchanter. Bard adds so much more to the Mage swarm and pets it's worth it just for that.

Swarm pets + bard aura is great. Stuff like quick time and epic clicks hit them too I believe.

Until recently I was an Ench disciple. When you are doing content slightly above your skill and equipment level, nothing beats lock-down enchanter skills. That being said, bard brings so many other intangibles people have already mentioned. Bard overhaste stacks on pets, epic focus is killer, tracking, double invisible, selos, etc. In my group (which is similar to yours) I see a 50k dps increase just by swapping in a bard.

Until recently I was an Ench disciple. When you are doing content slightly above your skill and equipment level, nothing beats lock-down enchanter skills. That being said, bard brings so many other intangibles people have already mentioned. Bard overhaste stacks on pets, epic focus is killer, tracking, double invisible, selos, etc. In my group (which is similar to yours) I see a 50k dps increase just by swapping in a bard.
Tracking you say? I thought most of us already have that ;)

I'd say from a pure DPS standpoint, it's actually pretty close between the two, because there's no necros (who benefit hugely from Aria and would skew the group towards bard without question).

Bard will probably add more overall thanks to the constant crit chance boosting from Fierce Eye/Epic, quick time, and the aura for swarm pets. With no Necros in the group, Aria isn't quite as impactful as usual. Aria doesn't matter at all for wizard because of improved familiar. Aria matters somewhat for the mage, but they'll have the same SPA in a stronger form for 6 out of 15 minutes with Heart of Skyfire, as well as Flames of Power and Elemental Form procs. Aria will matter a lot for Shaman DoTs.

Enchanter will be better for burns, thanks to Illusions of Granduer.

Tried enchanter with my caster group (SK/Mag/Nec/Wiz/Enc/Clr).
After not needing any CC and noticing Enc dps was lacking, switched to bard and saw an increase in group overall dps so kept bard.

Bard always wins....

Doing a caster group with a pally tank.
PAL/SHM/MAG/MAG/WIZ(BRD/ENC)
Which will help the group more? Priority is DPS then survivability.
I have both a Bard and a Chanter. 99% of the time I use the Bard except for a unique CC situation and I port the Chanter in for buffs.

That being said, the nice thing with the chanter is the CWTN plugin for Chanter is fantastic. You are stuck using a macro on your Bard, which KA is just fine but not quite in the same league as CWTN.

I use chanter because I like the cc lock down.

You can argue about which adds more dps in a caster group (its a close contest) but there is no argument about CC.

I rarely need the CC abilities of the enchanter but when i do there nobody else that is even close and its usually in the newest, hardest content. If all you're doing is exp grinding the dps difference isnt big enough to matter. My 2cp worth :)

I use chanter because I like the cc lock down.

You can argue about which adds more dps in a caster group (its a close contest) but there is no argument about CC.

I rarely need the CC abilities of the enchanter but when i do there nobody else that is even close and its usually in the newest, hardest content. If all you're doing is exp grinding the dps difference isnt big enough to matter. My 2cp worth :)

Facts. When it comes to lockdown CC nothing beats a chanter and the CWTN plugin does a good job there too. But, I have a very robust tank and in most cases want the Bards ADPS.

mandolin playing GIF

I used to be firmly in the enc camp, but the bard brings so many extra little things to the table.

I want my bard to be like Dee Snider. I am afraid he is more David Hasselhoff

Attachments

• 2-dee-snider-of-twisted-sister-rich-fuscia.jpg
    2-dee-snider-of-twisted-sister-rich-fuscia.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 3
  • David_Hasselhoff_Sings_America (1).jpg
    David_Hasselhoff_Sings_America (1).jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3
I generally go brd for melee groups, enc for caster groups. Do love the enc for CC. And moving generally isnt an issue. Have it set up where 1 click and enc cast invis and pally cast IVU. Do love the fact I can just use the pally to pull whatever I want and leave the enc to sort out the resulting train.

This may be a bit late now but... That's a caster heavy group. I would go Chanter since:
1) Mez will last much longer
2) Chanter gives really nice crack, which decreases downtime by a lot.

The only thing that will break the deal is if it is really low level and the chanter does not really have the crack spell or the lower cooldown spell casting buffs yet.

There's no CTWN plugin for Bards yet so the obvious answer is Enchanter with rank 3 Spells
Unless you want to spend all day doing math on that kiss bullshit?
Do you want to do math or play EverQuest what's it's going to be? INI or K-I-L-L!!!!!!

There's no CTWN plugin for Bards yet so the obvious answer is Enchanter with rank 3 Spells
Unless you want to spend all day doing math on that kiss bullshit?
Do you want to do math or play EverQuest what's it's going to be? INI or K-I-L-L!!!!!!
"Doing math on that kiss bullshit"?

Uh. Not that hard to set up a good KA-ini. Also, shouldnt piss on other peoples work just because you may be lazy. :)

Sic has shared some awesome KA setups. Suggest looking into that, OP. :)

I'm biased since my long time main is a Bard but I'd make a PAL/DRU/ENC/BRD/WIZ/MAG. Between your PAL and a DRU healing shouldn't be a problem. IoG can FE can clash and need to be timed but otherwise they're just find.

That's just me though.

"Doing math on that kiss bullshit"?

Uh. Not that hard to set up a good KA-ini. Also, shouldnt piss on other peoples work just because you may be lazy. :)

Sic has shared some awesome KA setups. Suggest looking into that, OP. :)
My post was farcical. Obviously you're not a golfer! And I may be the laziest person who ever lived. Let's just get that on record.

Question - Bard vs Enchanter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back