• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Bard or no bard (1 Viewer)

Banshee21

RedCents
33¢
I am trying to make sure im not at a DPS loss when it comes to completing and non-competitive 4box. Right now i have tank/heal/rogue/bard and was curious if having the bard was a bad choice and instead should replace him with a berzerker or another rogue. Im sure it performs fine i was just simply curious what others thoughts were

The full comp is SK/Shm/Rogue/Brd. Thanks for the posts! I really enjoy bard but ive got so many "efficiency" questions rattling around in my head sometimes i second guess myself

Bards make every melee group go brrrrrrrr

I would go 6box and complement him with 1 zerker and 1 bst

What gringo said. Add two F2P accounts and you will be good to go. SK, BRD, SHM, Zerker, ROG, BST.

Will just need to be a bit patient until the shammy comes into his own. I believe it is around level 100.

Be well. Happy gaming.

What gringo said. Add two F2P accounts and you will be good to go. SK, BRD, SHM, Zerker, ROG, BST.

Will just need to be a bit patient until the shammy comes into his own. I believe it is around level 100.

Be well. Happy gaming.

One addition: You could sub the ftp toons once at 110 (or 115, but they will die alot without ca/cs/other defensive aa while tagging along your crew). Even my FTP toons (without any aa) are somewhat usable at 110. My lvl 110/ 250 AA zerker burns about 30-50k dps in tov t1.

Bard all day every day , wont leave home with out her . dual invis is the best , speedy feet omg cant stand not running slow people say use a mount no thank you . adps is awesome , cc rocks, pulling mobs makes it easy list go's on and on . good luck in what ever you decide .

I am trying to make sure im not at a DPS loss when it comes to completing and non-competitive 4box. Right now i have tank/heal/rogue/bard and was curious if having the bard was a bad choice and instead should replace him with a berzerker or another rogue. Im sure it performs fine i was just simply curious what others thoughts were
Bard is great, add an enchanter and a mage...best utility group evah

I created a non-bard group..... and then had to go back and level another bard for the group. I did not think about all the things they do for my group.
besides the normal things (run speed, melee buffs , mez) I have gotten to rely on their double invis a lot !

If you are boxing 4, box 6. Any FTP toon is better than a Merc.

This game is about the Holy Trinity - Tank, Healer, CC. Bard and Enchanter are the 2 CC classes. If you round out your group with 2 melee classes (BER, BST, ROG as obvious choices) the bard will provide so much aDPS, you won't even notice. Just accept the fact that the Bard is not a Pure DPS class and ignore his output when he is buffing everyone else.

My main question is why only 4? Are you limited by computer power? There are guides to help reduce comp requirements.
My followup question, what level are you? Shaman will be a weaker healer until higher level, which may be why you might be running a healer merc?

If you want a melee group, what people have said holds true. The holy trinity - Tank / Heal / CC.

Right now, in one of my groups I am running SK, CLR, BRD, BST, ROG, BER. And now that i'm getting higher levels (80ish) the melee are absolutely melting mobs. My BST did take longer to come around, but I hear 100+ is when they start to shine. Be sure you are keeping the poison up on your rogue, it's insane at lower levels.

If I were you, I would add 2 more box chars, so you could be SK, SHM, BRD, ROG, and then add BER/BER. Since you have the SHM, I wouldn't worry about the BST. (I'm currently leveling up another group which will have a shm and ber to swap out later so i can have that make up)

my current group setup is SK, Shm, Brd, Rogx2 and Bst and it is a monster group. I can switch in 2 zerkers if I wanna change up from the Rogs depending on content Im doing. Stuff just falls on the ground and dies. I know some folks might drop the BSt for a 3rd of a class for say 3x rog or 3x zerker but I havent tried it yet.

my current group setup is SK, Shm, Brd, Rogx2 and Bst and it is a monster group. I can switch in 2 zerkers if I wanna change up from the Rogs depending on content Im doing. Stuff just falls on the ground and dies. I know some folks might drop the BSt for a 3rd of a class for say 3x rog or 3x zerker but I havent tried it yet.
No need if you have rogues as you can use poisons and force alliance.

bard + enchanter + shaman + cleric ... i call it my complete peace of mind team...great asshat trainer protection at all times. Add a tank and dps of your favorite flavor. Then when asshat shows up trying to train you...you just say thanks for pulling bro...

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF
dance dancing GIF by funk
dance wars GIF

bard + enchanter + shaman + cleric ... i call it my complete peace of mind team...great asshat trainer protection at all times. Add a tank and dps of your favorite flavor. Then when asshat shows up trying to train you...you just say thanks for pulling bro...

fuck yeah stormtrooper GIF
dance dancing GIF by funk
dance wars GIF
Does that happen often?

Sometimes when you're outside instanced stuff...funny as hell to watch MQ2Enchanter do its thing w/ bard...it's like HOLD...Get in line...die. Side note for @Sic I still don't think it's use beam of slumber right...but it works well. Specially with bard stacked on top...not much of a chance of things waking up at all
This is where I link mq2enchanter FAQ that specifically says things about stuff.

the beast should defiently stay,
Bst gives large amounts of End Regen same with the shm/brd
and you don't need the zerkers, just make and give poisons to everyone and alliance will hit no issue
Rog being the only othe alliance that can proct with non class from those that cast it
The other being the preiests for heal alliance

if you are very new to MQ the first question I would ask you is how comfortable are you with editing code etc? ... kissassist involves some editing of ini files ... i personally suck with that stuff rofl ... so for the first while i used rgmercs for my bards until they were maxed level and had some hefty aa ... I thaen worked on creating the KA ini and switched to kissassist once i had learned all the other facets of mq ... just a suggestion.

Kissassist is incredibly powerful but comes with a learning curve ... rgmercs you can turn it on right out of the box and it will function generally

For a (typical) 3 box setup, I find a bard hard to squeeze in as you will need the tank/healer/dps types. (sk/shm/rog .. war/clr/caster dps .. or some such thing). Once I want to add a 4th, the 4th spot is 99.9% a bard (or perhaps an enc for casters).

My preference is to use a Bard as my CC and ADPS for melee groups. I've been converted I used to use Enchanters as my sole CC class but Bard really boosted my DPS for melee's I haven't looked back.

if you want the best group you can have, you gotta add a bard. they add so much to groups. I wish my enchanter was on a different account than my bard, i lose so much dps when i swap to the enchanter to work them up.

I run buncha bards plus tank healer and another dps I swap in and out for a Merc if I wanna dps with healer or focus on something else like Spirits mission(lose some spellgems for the buff/cure).

Once you start to stack them the dps goes up phenomenally if you set them up right. Spread out the adps and tank/heal songs, can keep both auras up AND have an echo as a backup or elsewhere like for a rgr bowing. You get synergy and whatnot, can keep ecliptic and epics up full-time and sticks and stones/insults on rotation. Cycle all the aas and shorterreuse burns etc...most of which adds to anyone else in grp.

Plus if you don't wanna or can't use MQ for something or some time, they're really easy to run manually- also if set up right(multibind instacasts, assist, attack, and in-game macro with Melody) can all mean 2 keys per mob, 1 if chain pulling etc. Also, can chain aemezz without breaking due to recast timer. If they all have ToThealprocs on weapons can forego healing altogether too except in isolated instances.

And if playing without MQ you have more time to position for melee without losing much bc the buffs and dots etc are running anyway, and won't interrupt casting by moving.

Question - Bard or no bard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back