• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Bard box - AE Mez or Single Target? (2 Viewers)

RedCents
1,054¢
I'm just curious. Those of you who have a Bard on KA and or Mercs. Do you have yours using AE mez or just single target, or both and why? Appreciate the feedback.

I'm trying to decide if i should have the ae mez box checked on my Lua RgMercs Bard or not.

I'm just curious. Those of you who have a Bard on KA and or Mercs. Do you have yours using AE mez or just single target, or both and why? Appreciate the feedback.

I'm trying to decide if i should have the ae mez box checked on my Lua RgMercs Bard or not.
i almost always only use aoe mez on my bard (and i run bards in like 4 or 5 groups)

For sure! The better question is why not? :) Always nice to have so you can lock down multiple pulls.

Very rare to need both mezzes on your bard. But sometimes KA will cast the AoE Mez before all the mobs are in camp. And with the 30 second refresh timer it can mean extra mobs beating on your tank. If the mobs are truly hard then the single target mez could take up the slack while waiting on AE refresh. If tank is beefy then it's usually not an issue.

I have both mem'd and normally use the aoe one.

Only time I have used the single target one is during the Shei Vinitras missions, where I actually drive the bard for cures/mezzes and sometimes aoe mezz is still down.

For me it depends on level. During the leveling process there are lot of times that you best single target and AE mez will have different level caps, so I usually use both. Once I'm capped though I usually run no mez or AE mez.

It really just depends on your group and the content that you're doing. Just try both ways.

On TLP’s the ae vs single target question likely comes down to what expansion a server is currently on.

The level gaps between ae and single can be significant in some era’s.

I started off using a ka ini for the bard (level 75, tss) a week or so ago. I’ve tweaked it to suit a melee group but have yet to add a mez section. It will be single target given the expac.

Hopefully if the patch goes quickly today I’ll have some time to play around with it.

Discussion - Bard box - AE Mez or Single Target?

Users who are viewing this thread

• D
Back