• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Banned... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thez

RedCents
210¢
...from the MQ2 forums.

I suppose it was inevitable...anyways, what this means for my compiles is that if there are updates for plugins and you want them...you'll just have to send them to me. *shrug*

He could even access through a proxy, but you'd still have to get access to VIP boards. Either way, if I was banned, I wouldn't really want back in.

Heck, I could log in with a proxy (already was on there with my own), but the problem is just having access to the VIP sections.

I'm not *exactly* sure, but I'd bet that it's probably because I compile for here, and some of the plugins that I compile are from VIP.

Hehe, I have been banned in a few places.....solution:

http://www.anonymizer.com/consumer/products/anonymous_surfing/

Works wonders, hide REAL IP address. I've been banned from a few sites (old guild I left on bad terms with, and a few others). Just have to create a new account, make a fake hotmail account to verify and you're in again.

Am pretty sure there are FREE ones out there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, DKAA posted a new announcement in VIP saying that posting binaries will be subject to banning. Just create a new user account. My Redguides account and my MQ2 account are seperate for that reason.

Or how about you have some respect for people because of whom this forum even exists?

Gildon said:
Yea, DKAA posted a new announcement in VIP saying that posting binaries will be subject to banning. Just create a new user account. My Redguides account and my MQ2 account are seperate for that reason.

posting binaries?

going to MQ2 to check it out

DOH

ARMY

Precompiled Binaries... [11.20.2003]
It is against the express wishes of the MacroQuest Developers and the general populace to release a precompiled binary of MacroQuest or MacroQuest2, or any of their components. Anyone found doing so will be considered 'persona non grata', and will be immediately removed from these or any future forums, and will be denied all support to the best of our abilities. -The Devs

means Pre-compiles is bad?

and here i was thinking next patch working a precompile...

since it seems to be the path to the most RED CENTs...

and the path to winning each month 8-)

guess thats not got gonna happen .... 8-(

when CMQ opened last year I registered there with same name as at mq2 and was banned from mq2....for registering....

So the message here is...

You can use macroquest2 to cheat at everquest, but you cant cheat at macroquest2.

My favorite compilers keep quitting.. Cade, Codecaster, now Thez.. Ok not quitting but you know what I mean.

Okay, update so that I can stop getting the PMs about it =D

I've got temp access with a friend who shall remain anonymous so as to preserve his/her account, and I'll be getting a new account VIP'ed soon.

Thanks again to those who offered me help =D

datadog, i think the message is more like. Don't steal their VIP stuff, post it here without their permission, then expect it to be ok with them. It is near the same thing as someone taking a precomp from here and selling it on another site. It is stealing. Compiling and distributing the base souce, and open plugins is not a big deal. Precompiles are against what they want due to the number of them that have keyloggers in them. I support both sites, and am a programmer myself, I would be upset just like them if someone was reposting the content that is in a pay to get into section onto a different site, that is pay to get into...

thez said:
Okay, update so that I can stop getting the PMs about it =D

I've got temp access with a friend who shall remain anonymous so as to preserve his/her account, and I'll be getting a new account VIP'ed soon.

Thanks again to those who offered me help =D
Those who offered him help better not bitch again if ANYTHING is taken off redguides and posted on another site.

Hotter said:
My favorite compilers keep quitting.. Cade, Codecaster, now Thez.. Ok not quitting but you know what I mean.

Yeah I had fully intended to have a new compile up a week or so after I found an unblocked proxy in iraq, but like 3 days later, we had this massive storm and it killed all our generators and fried 2 network switches, one of which was mine. Just last night I got my new switch installed, so I should have a new compile up in a few days. I am also not able to get on the MQ2 forums due to my anonymizer being blocked, so I will need PMs with new source code as well. I'll do what I can as soon as I can. :)

I do not allow the posting of MQ2 VIP section material on Redguides.

Soultaker and I have held this position since Redguides started, what is in MQ2's VIP section stays there. We have deleted at least 30 or 40 threads containing source to VIP plugins in 2005.

I'm sorry we let Thez's compile slip.

Everyone, unless the plugin was once public material (and you are using the old public source, or your own personal modification of an old public source) please leave it out of your compiles. Thank you!

Last edited:
Banned...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back