• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ban Reasons Confirmed (2 Viewers)

I know of maybe a dozen on bertox tops, and no raiding guilds are falling apart, those banned are just the vocal minority....

Sony should set up an "anything goes" server. No customer service though, no GM's, nothing. Whatever the people screw themselves into, they get themselves out of. This would keep the money coming in and keep legit players from being affected :D. I know it's not going to happen, but hell, sure can wish for it.

africh75 said:
I know of maybe a dozen on bertox tops, and no raiding guilds are falling apart, those banned are just the vocal minority....
5 accounts of my own are from bertoxx, I know of a couple ex-guildies banned, few higher end friends banned, and a bunch from a specific guild 15-30ish got hit as well.

One thing that leads me to believe this is a scare tactic is that... well... they didn't FIX the problem! I mean come on guys, it's like a speed trap on the highway. Cops *KNOW* people speed in an area, just like sony now KNOWS people are putting shit in the shared slot, and are now tracking it. If they didn't want it to happen, why would they just track it and not fix it? They are sitting there like a bitchass cop who got picked on in high school, waiting for some poor bastard to transfer a no drop so they can scare the shit out of them. Sony's approach to this situation is totally absent of logic... but is anyone surprised?

-CodeCaster

Could be also that they implemented the system to detect it recently, but now with the Oct. 26th patch coming up, it will prolly get fixed. I believe completely that there are alot of things that they have known about and have been sitting on for some time doing nothing about it until they create or have the viable proof to do something about it. I also personally think that sony could give a shit whether they loose so many players or not. They still get a rather high number of new players on a daily basis. Also, EQ is just a small part of the grand scheme of Sony's income. Sony's has their hands into so many different aspects of this world that I have a hard time believing that loosing a large player base will effect them. Their way of looking at things is, "Our rules, FUCK you if you do not like them, you're banned."

Same thing with the monster missions and new expansions. I really do think that not only do they know about the bugs, exploits, etc., I think they put them in to attract a larger player base. Like the monster missions. Having the ability to solo them while you leech all your alts in any zone in the game is not something that could possibly have been overlooked no matter how stupid we all think the Dev's are. These things are placed in until they get the player base they want......then poof, here comes the nerf stick. Also, how many new players came to the game when DoD came out? When DoN came out? In their eyes, they may have very well gotten enough new players to cover all the bannings they knew they had coming.

Just food for thought.

Between my brother and I, 6 accounts banned on Bertox .. we paid $199.95 per account for a 2 year subscription within the past two months. Sony's customer service rep tells us the EULA states no refunds. FUCK THAT. Our credit cards already disputing charages, and credited us back the money. Waiting for SOE's response before the credit cards closes the files..

Sony getting fucked for $1200 for this dumb ass banning.

Sei-Ryu said:
Sony should set up an "anything goes" server. No customer service though, no GM's, nothing. Whatever the people screw themselves into, they get themselves out of. This would keep the money coming in and keep legit players from being affected :D. I know it's not going to happen, but hell, sure can wish for it.

They did have that. Wasn't it called discord? It only lasted for a while...I don't remember what the ruleset was, but it was some sort of competition to see who could get the highest or something. If you died, you went back to level one and PVP was open to all levels, meaning a level 50 could kill a level 20.

Well I used shared (even moved alot of the spell quest rewards to my alt) just recently (id say 2-3 weeks ago tops. Heck could get you a near exact date since i came to the boards when i saw the message about leaving items in sharded accounts that were no drop and freaked out (never noticed it before). Im still not banned.

Is it possible they dont care about shared but those that got the message they went though and looked to see what else they did / talked about?

Looked up the thread it was around 9-21 that i last used shared

Between my brother and I, 6 accounts banned on Bertox .. we paid $199.95 per account for a 2 year subscription within the past two months. Sony's customer service rep tells us the EULA states no refunds. FUCK THAT. Our credit cards already disputing charages, and credited us back the money. Waiting for SOE's response before the credit cards closes the files..

Sony getting fucked for $1200 for this dumb ass banning.

That's what I like to see. If they don't provide the service you've paid for, then you should get a refund. As a matter of fact, anyone that got banned before their billing cycle should do the same thing even if it is only a few days early. Make it a pain for them to enforce such an action. Refunding money is always harder on a company than losing subscribers. The EULA is not a shield to keep the CC company from disputing Sony. It may be that your CC finds in favor of Sony, but hey, at least you caused Sony some discomfort. At least they'll have to respond to someone instead of stone-walling the issue and sending out form letters.

Likewise, if Sony knew they were going to ban you, and charged your CC for a period of service that they never intended to provide, something ought to be done as well. It's not like we know how long they've had this information. They haven't supplied any dates for the infractions they claim were committed. Who is to say that they didn't know about the banning before your current billing cycle? They haven't supplied any evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, good move and good luck Warmonger.

That raises an interesting point.

I thought the law was innocent until proven guilty?

Where the fuck is the fairness. They should be held accountable for banning an account.

The user should get a COMPLETE list as to WHY they are being banned. I don't mean using third party software. I want COLD HARD FACTS as to why accounts are being banned.

If none, take em to court.

You forfeit all your rights when you click on I Accept in the EULA. Read it thuroughly sometime. You have no rights whatsoever. And if anyone even thinks they can take on a coorporate monster like Sony and win.....well, good luck. Sony stipulates exactly what they can and WILL do to you if they even so much as think you farted the wrong way or even for no reason at all in the EULA. As soon as you clicked on I Accept, you waved all rights and acknowledge and even approved any action they see fit to take.

If most people even bothered to read EULA's or any such type of License Aggreements, they would shit their pants at what they see in them. For example...Microsoft even goes so far as to state that they will not be held responsible for injury or death for any reason due to use or missuse of any of their products LOL.

Bottom line is, read the fine print. They ALWAYS bend you over as soon as you agree to their terms.

Shadow, you're right. Except for one thing:

The burden of proof is on Sony, not you.

If you charge back with your credit card, the cc co. goes through a list of things. One thing on that list is basically putting Sony on a "bad reputation" list, before the issue is even settled. When you charge back, the cc co. assumes they're guilty until proven innocent. The burden of proof lies with Sony to prove that you were doing whatever they said you were suspended/banned for in your email. That's why it's good to keep hassling them until they tell you why you were suspended/banned. You have their reasoning for banning, then they have to prove that to a person from the cc co., who won't know a damn thing about what they're saying and will likely rule in your favor either way.

Long story short, charge back if you were suspended/banned. Even if it was just a few days, charge back the entire amount. If you paid for a year of eq and you were on the last day of your last month, charge back the entire year. You have nothing to lose.

Always charge back. EULA is not a legal document of any kind. You can't give away your rights even if you try. I can't give you permission to shoot me in the head. If you shoot me, its murder still, no matter what I said. Likewise if you pay for a service and they give you the boot, they have no choice but to refund the relevent portion of your payment.

If you join a golf club and shit in the 18th hole, they will kick you out of the club, but you will get a refund on your membership.

The people that really get screwed are the people who paid for 1-2 years in advance. Very few CC companies allow you to charge back a charge older than 90 days.

So, absolutely, charge back.

-piggy

So Cosmic, your saying we should go to the soe office and shit on it? Cause I know there's one in Austin (think it focuses on SWG though).

The point I was trying to make was, when you click on I Accept, you actually give them permission to do what they are doing. I promise you, they had teams of attorneys working on things like this to make them perfect in Sony's favor. Yes you have rights, NO they can not take them away from you. YES, you give permission to Sony to do exactly what they are doing when you click on the Accept button. I'm not sticking up for Sony in any way, shape, or form. I really would love to see someone sue the hell out of them and shut there fuckin doors. Reality is though, you wave your rights by actually giving your permission to Sony when you Accept their terms.

Oh, and I almost forgot LOL. If you shit on the 18th hole and get kicked off the golf course and out of the club, sorry bro, you will not get the refund. Same rules apply when you sign the contract. Example...I was a member of a private golf course for many years. After renewing my contract just a month or so earlier, I was in a major dispute with the Board of Directors on their piss poor course management. After things got rather ugly in the meeting, I was asked to leave the club. I demanded my dues and contract fees back to no avail. After speeking with my attorney, his response was "Sorry, you should have read the fine print". At that point I probably should have shit on the course and probably on the Director's desk LOL. Point is, if you sign your name saying you agree to their terms, they can do what they like whether you like it or not.

The problem is you are buying play time, if you pay for 6 months, and they ban you this month. You dont get to play the next 5 months...you should get those back even if you dont get the rest of this month back.

I definately would do a charge back, because I would not be recieving what I paid for.

Cosmic is right. Shadow, you went to a shitty lawyer or else a lawyer who was trying to get rid of your case cause he thought it wasn't worth his time. EULA's dont normally hold up, especially in cases like these because the burden of proof is on the business.

Darkeros said it best. Burden of proof is on Sony. Something like 80% of adults have at least one and on average two credit cards. Most pay on average $80-$110 a month for those credit cards. Your credit card company wants nothing more than to keep you paying. Sony has to prove you broke the Eula. Simple server logs won't even be enough. I've worked for a company we sold recievers for Dish Network. The customer would be in physical possesion of the equipment and we would have to pay back charges we put on there card for them not paying there monthly fees. They had signed a contract saying we would do just that and it didnt matter.

Sony is going to have to explain to MBNA Bank why they are entitled to keep the $200 per account charged 2 months ago for a 24 month subscription when they have barred access to the subscription. If I as the credit card holder dispute the charges and state Sony did not deliver the service as promised and has barred access, they hold a weak argument in stating I clicked an "I Accept" button to their EULA which states no refunds.

No service = No money. MBNA is not stupid. Neither am I. I'm gonna fight tooth and nail to make sure my business goes elsewhere. These 2 weeks away from the game has strengthened my resolve to move on.

Look at the upcoming Dungeons and Dragons Online folks! www.ddo.com and sign up for their beta.. will make you forget about SOE with one peek. Screw this camping for days to get a a rare drop. Screw this Raiding nightly at the high end game just to be able to have a chance at good gear. Screw this guilt trip levied on you by guild leadership to attend repetitive raids. Get outdoors and live in the real world!!

DDO will break the mold and make EVERYONE forget about SOE.

Already registered for beta MONTHS ago.

I tell ya what..
I know they always do their best to make previews look great, but if the graphics in DDO is even remotely as nice as the videos you can watch, sony can kiss my sack....
Sell my accounts and move over to DDO.

Was just banned today, at 2:14am est.
Only active hack i have ever used was shared, almost 3ish months ago.
never used warp / gate / anything else.
Sent an e-mail to them, will probably be the same shit everyone else is getting. F-ro server, account name started with a D

Instant banned, went LD then that message poped up. You think they could give you one bloody suspension before baning an account that has been paid since 99.

my worst nightmare occured today. I came home from duty, only to find my stupid bard running in circle in PoK in plain view of the entire world. I'm expecting one of these letters soon. I guess i put too much faith in my macro.

letmein said:

heh

DDO break the mold?

you realize that DDO is based on the game that IS the mold for ALL these fantasy games?

lebroba said:
my worst nightmare occured today. I came home from duty, only to find my stupid bard running in circle in PoK in plain view of the entire world. I'm expecting one of these letters soon. I guess i put too much faith in my macro.

Dear Sony, yes I came home and saw the bard doing circles as well, it's amazing what a nickel jammed into the keyboard will do.

Haven't used a macro for almost a month now. Before that it was rare that I would set up AFK FH macros. I was raiding in DoN, and got sent to log in screen with the banned message.

warisgood said:
Was just banned today, at 2:14am est.
Only active hack i have ever used was shared, almost 3ish months ago.
never used warp / gate / anything else.
Sent an e-mail to them, will probably be the same shit everyone else is getting. F-ro server, account name started with a D

Instant banned, went LD then that message poped up. You think they could give you one bloody suspension before baning an account that has been paid since 99.

warisgood said:
Haven't used a macro for almost a month now. Before that it was rare that I would set up AFK FH macros. I was raiding in DoN, and got sent to log in screen with the banned message.

So you did use more than just shared.

When was your ban date in relation to your bill date?

No shit smart guy, I was talking in refrence to the line above. The only ACTIVE HACK that i used was shared, NO OTHER ACTIVE HACKS.

I got billed on the 15th, banned 26th

warisgood said:
No shit smart guy, I was talking in refrence to the line above. The only ACTIVE HACK that i used was shared, NO OTHER ACTIVE HACKS.

I got billed on the 15th, banned 26th

Ok so the renew billing date is not their method of choice. Good to know. Sucks that you just paid. I'd write a formal letter saying you'd like you account un-suspended, and if not a credit for your last billing time.

Main was just banned today. Never used any macros just shared bank and very limited warps. Was a fun run but guess it's time to call it quits anyway.

70 Ranger 310 AA (banned from EQ)
formerly of Fennin Ro

*edit* last use of shared OR /warp was in late september

letmein said:

what is DDO and where can I find the website...

well weather this is just bullshit or real, its got me scared , i dont want to loose my account, i havent used shard crack in months, all i ever use MQ for now is the ui functions and the map utility. I guess if i do get banned, well its my fault.

first time I tried the shared account was today before I came here and read this LOL, I tried it 3 times and each time placed the fiery vambraces in the shared slot the game crashed and I had to restart it.

Hope it isnt being tracked :) I only have one account and hate to lose it after almost 5 years, but I would just start a new account and have fun as a newbie again LOL.

hehe GFing luck playing a newbie you look online there are no noobies hehe hard to find a group its all top end, unless u play gay ass monster BS.

Ban Reasons Confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back