• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ban Reasons Confirmed (2 Viewers)

I dunno, i mean i guess i'll find out tommorow, or the next, or the week after, but i cant recall the last time i used shard bank, its been awhile. I never run macros, havent used /warp since god knows, and havent ever used /nokos or /fade. I mostly just use it for the map utility to track spawns. I've kept a very low profile about it because if my guild ever caught me using MQ its instant boot. So who knows.. I used shared bank offset a TON before i got my server xfer back in june, hoping they dont track records previous to xferrs. anyhow just rambling.

ss44 said:
what is DDO and where can I find the website...

heh, people kept promising over and over...

"wait for wow to come out! You'll see, SOE!"

sure enough, WoW came out and we had server mergers as a result. a huge population of the player base automates and yes, use active hacks.

well....

the "EQ" killers have come and gone and one actually put a huge dent in the player base. WoW.

We have Vanguard beta right around the corner from the REAL Everquest developers, not the scrubs they have "left over".

On top of that Turbine is making DDO and LOTR online. Turbine made asheron's call, so they aren't new to making MMOGs either.....

The end is near. Sony, as a company is hurting badly. Their cash cow is dying. If you get banned. Don't fret. They are doing you a favor by saving you money.

yea, click on the profiles on the sigil page and read what these devs made....most prolific design team ever assembled.

Vanguard
www.vanguardsoh.com http://www.sigilgames.com/cat_our_team.php

Dungeons and Dragons Online (the mold that has been used over and over again for fantasy gaming comes to life in a mmog)

http://www.ddo.com/ www.turbine.com

Maybe you like Lord of The Rings?

http://lotro.turbine.com/ also by turbine.

Sick of fantasy genre all together because it has been beaten to a f*cking bloody pulp? yea, don't play SW:G.....

Instead, try a game conceived from the mind that LAUNCH the whole MMOG scene with Ultima Online - Richard Garriot aka. Lord British....

http://www.ncsoft.com/eng/ncgames/tb_intro.asp

yea, peep that list of games NCSoft has in their line up.

And thus, do not fret. The sky is falling for SOE and EQ but not for gamers. New, better options are just around the corner. :)

If you want to extract revenge on the people who have banned your account for simply trying to spice up their, otherwise, shitty game, hit them where it hurts. Do NOT give them any more money. Hit them in the pocket book. Kill this game already. It has lived longer than it should have.

/bow

KeithClancy said:
fuck eq ... when vanguard is out i'll just ebay and move on to greener pastures.

Yeah coz we all know how ever other game 'beat' EQ. It's not gonna happen, there will not be another EQ, how many shadowbanes, asheron's calls, wows do you have to play to realize that?

WoW has nearly killed EQ single-handedly. I personally think it's a Fisher-Price version of EQ and I can't play it, but the majority of old EQ players made the switch.

All it's going to take is 1 or 2 more heavy-hitters like DDO and Vanguard to hammer the last few nails in the coffin. Then maybe I can be free of this vile hunk of garbage lowest-bidder code.

-CodeCaster

That's a load of bullshit. The majority did not switch, we all went for a few months but came back after realizing that EQ2/WOW have nothing on EQ. EQ has a huge player base, there is no coffin to nail, no Vanguard or DDO can kill EQ. Do you know that DDO is made by Turbine who are closing AC2 servers due to it being a total flop?
I would say right now EQ is doing better playerwise than it has been doing in the last couple of years. Server consolidation was a great thing, there's still a ton of servers and at least my server is always packed.

People have been predicting the doom of EQ for many years now, it didn't happen and it will not happen anytime soon.

odessa said:
That's a load of bullshit. The majority did not switch, we all went for a few months but came back after realizing that EQ2/WOW have nothing on EQ
Not true, I know entire guilds of 60+ people that left EQ and went to WoW, formed guilds on there, and still play on there now since the release of WoW. All of my RL friends have quit playing EQ for WoW, and the only one that didn't was banned for using MQ. So yeah, WoW fucked EQ up the ass hard and is still bragging about it.

you on bertox Ripski? :)

WoW was a huge factor for OSW falling apart. There were some other factors as well. There are still at least a dozen former OSW still playing in various guilds, and other servers.
What really makes coming back a challenge for someone is how far behind he/she is gear wise, and without a cohesive guild to rebuild you, you end up being a 70 paladin with less HP than a raiding Beastlord when you try to make your comeback--and thats a tad demoralizing for some.
Not to mention it makes it alot more challenging to get recruited without having an existing relationship in another guild.
I still think skill is 50% of this game, gear 30 and aa 20, but thats just the thought of a 6.5 year player :)

aye, only reason I didnt leave is because I spent so much Fing time on EQ I hate to start from scratch. Bleh, but now that my accounts been banned, if they dont get released Im done.

I still think skill is 50% of this game, gear 30 and aa 20

I think that's a little high on skill anymore. I believe it's more like 50% gear, 30%aa, and 20% skill. How else could you write simple macros to do your playing for you?

In the beginning, everyone had to have skill to stand out, because we were all practically geared the same. Kunark really didn't change that too much, but when Velious came along, the "haves" and the "have nots" started to seperate. Sony has tried to pull the "gear gap" back some with LDoN and DoN, where a non-raiding, but stubborn player could at least get enough gear to do their job. Now the MM's have been put in, I believe to even out the "aa/levels" playing field. Just my 2c.

I agree with Toss on this one. I can just hit auto attack and go afk if I play a rogue. My 29/20 piercer does the rest. Even without doing backstab thats quite a bit of damage. No skill involved for most classes. Maybe a monk or warrior might need a bit more attention, but overall the game has changed due to a hell of a lot of content -> loot/items -> mudflation.

if you wanna know the #1 huge zone that the piggy is my favorite in, is West Karana.. goddamn i remember running through the same boring grass for 15 min before i got to...misty i think, i forget i havent been on west antonica in a while

Ban Reasons Confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back