• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Ban Reasons Confirmed (1 Viewer)

PARAMEDIC

RedCents
Talked with a very good friend that has been a guide scine EQ started. Took me hours to pull it out of him but heres the deal.

1. Shared Bank

2. Zoning to fast IE PiggyZOne

3. GMS WATCHING FH AND VEXD matter a fact alot are on hidden standing right outside vexd while answering petitions

la

i've never actually used piggyzone ... by 'zoning too fast' are they talking about people who go from zone to zone too fast ie 4 huge zones in under a minute or are they talking about the actual zone time speed btw 2 zones .... loading plz wait ...

sorry for the newbish question.

I've been circling for 2 days straight now in FH. Wonder if they've noticed? LOL

The real question is..I wonder if they care? On my server theres this dude who friggin runs 15 guys to the rock all at the same time. Looks like a marching band. THAT GUY is the one that needs to get whacked! I've tried to train him several times but can't find anything nasty to dump on him.

I might zone out today and /say "Sorry, I won't cheat anymore. Turning off Macroquest2. I'm too legit to quit."

I'll keep searching for that legit way to transfer no drop items though. Time to jump on the bannedwagon.

-Love,

The Cpt.

No. 3 is a complete, and utter farce.

So much so, that as soon as I read it, milk came shooting out my nose.

I know of a couple who have been suspended recently for Vxed, but I'm pretty sure it's player reports and petitions not them sitting there watching all day long.

No, I believe your right about the shared and piggyzone...hell, I'd even go so far as say, I agree with the afk macroing...in open zones.

They are not going to ban someone who quitely grinds away XP in FH.
I could understand if...they were doing HoH, or that little place in WoS. But unless your doing something COMPLETELY jack off-ish in Nedarias Landing, they will leave you alone.

Your not interferring with anyone, hindering others gameplay etc. Macroing, both in FH and other things like tradeskills, is how WE ENJOY playing Everquest.

If we are not KS'ing someone, taking their loot, camps, or general XP, OR for that matter inhibiting someone from enjoying their style of gameplay....then leave us to enjoy ours.

Personally, I NEVER use MQ2 to cheat someone out of anything, or gank a mob on them, or anything like that. I use it because unlike some people, I cannot play EQ 24/7 that is required to be able to keep up with my high lvl friends, just so I can play with them. MQ2 has been a god send, it allows me to do work around the house, exercise, spend time with wifey, play with dog, read, enjoy other hobbies, and still be able to spend some time a couple times a week enjoying EQ at the level I like to.

Bottom line is, if your not duping items, artificially inflating the ingame economics, or ruining someone else gameplay, then the GM's will leave you alone. If they don't, that's really shitty, and you don't wanna be playing a game run by assholes like that anyways.

Besides.....who the heck could you possibly be hurting in FH or Vxed? Their instanced zones for one, and are attached to "Dead" zones with little to no traffic.

1. I used shared bank hack pretty much daily for the last 2 months, but last time I used it was about 1 week after DoDH was released. I got the red message, but never got suspended or anything.

2. I used /gate and /nokos daily before DoDH broke the structs and stuff. I never used it after that because I didn't feel like compiling the fixes. I still use /warp several times a day on all my toons.

3. I have been running circles in FH with 3 toons in tow for about 6 months now, even having them standing outside the rock all night long when MQ2, due to bullshit memory-leaky programming that will only run a complex macro for about 10 hours before it starts shitting itself. (macro is flawless, but does goofy-ass shit like running into walls for no reason when MQ2 bites it...)

.....and I am not banned. All of the above has taken place accross all 3 of my accounts, even going so far as transferring lvl 70 DoDH rewards to several lvl 1 toons and running around the tutorial with armor and weapons from RSS. (I don't care about that account, of course...)

I don't believe any of this except the shared bank thing, since I haven't used it since before they started suspending / banning people.

-CodeCaster

Like gold Codecaster....like gold. :cool:

Had you used piggyzone at all?

That HAS to throw up a red flag LOL :D

I would like to say, I think you will be banned for any of this stuff if they can proove it. The shared bank thing is easiest to proove. They have the items on a level 2 or 5 or whatever. Warping would be pretty hard to proove when it can happen due to lag and other issues. The piggyback zoning possibly could be tracked pretty easy, although I think it may depend on class and the teleportation spots. They don't want to ban wizards for translocating themselves across zones or something. If you have a fast Horse you can travel zones pretty quick too, or bard speed.

The macroing leaves little evidence or proof except if they put in place a bit of software to recognise the same pattern being used in the same place over and over for long periods of time.

Think this all through. They don't want to be wrong about banning someone, they need to be sure. Shared bank = they are sure. The rest of this stuff can equal a reason to take notice, but they probably would have to go watch you a bit to make sure. And they would either have to have programming to recognise anomolies as in the matrix or petitions to alert them. Which they may have both, it maybe an issue where they get a notice through software or petition that an anomolie is taking place...go sit and watch turn on a logging thing and gather proof before banning a person for that.

What that equals is, shared bank is quickest and easiest way to ban someone, the rest of the stuff would need investigated and take longer. Doesn't mean they can't or never will. Heck they can look at the macros here and see exactly what and where people are usiong them. Go there and watch for it, specifically.

They are not going to ban someone who quitely grinds away XP in FH.
I could understand if...they were doing HoH, or that little place in WoS. But unless your doing something COMPLETELY jack off-ish in Nedarias Landing, they will leave you alone.

Here's the problem in this... I agree with you on this point, but fact is fact. You ARE breaking the EULA, period. GM's sitting outside zone hidden is believable to me. They might not personally want to go thru the bullshit of getting ahold of you, scorning you, and then argueing with you about the issue, but they might not have a choice. There are people in EQ that are higher than the GM's. Shit always roles downhill and we get the final load dumped on us. No, I don't believe they are sitting out there all day long, but yes I do believe they are monitoring these zones a great deal more now. They might want to leave you alone about it since you are not bothering anyone, but you are breaking the EULA regardless if you are all alone from the world or not. Someone might very well be lighting a fire underneath the GM's asses telling them it's time for them to start doing their jobs. I know it's just an opinion and doesnt mean shit, but just food for thought.

I did have something weird happen the otehr night with piggyzone and i'm not gonna use it anymore. A guy sends me a tell asking for a port. I'm in Rathemtns killing hill giants. i tel him sure. I thought he was in rathe mtns as well. He sends me a tell back why'd you go to rathe mtns. i told him i thought he was here cause i've been here for awhile. He said well it says your in pok. I was like Uh oh. I told him must be a weird bug or something I haven't been there. Piggyzone bad leaves a ghost of you in a previous zone server side or something .

ya, leaves a ghost after extended use, if you are constantly zonign between two zones, you'll end up having a ghost in at least one, maybe both

I have noticed also that after I have faded a few times in the same zone (even an instanced one) when I do a /who I show up twice. Noticed the same when my friends do it. If I zone out or camp out it goes away.

Yes, happened to meas well doing one of the monster mission.... someone asked why there was 2 of me on a /w in the zone... I dont use the zone fuction at all lately

Not so sure it is not an EQ bug. It has happened to me 2 times and I have not used warp in a very long time and have never used /zone, /fade, /gate or piggy. I have been sent tells by people asking for buffs. I respond to them sure, where are you? Thinking that they are in my zone and did a /who on me. Come to find out, they are in Pok and I am off in some other zone and had been there for hours. They respond to me telling me that it shows to them that I am in pok, but I am not.

I have also seen one of the people from the guild that all run the afk taskmaster appear twice. I only assume that he is using /zone, /warp etc.. He suddenly appeared next to me while I was at the taskmaster. Then within a second or 2, another replica of him appears in his same spot. I could see that there were 2 of him cause one of them was turning around while the other just stood there. 2 toons of same person at the same time. Started to wonder at that point about potential backlashes in using this.

I camped out one of my characters properly today, and long after I camped, I could still see that character sitting there on several computers. I didn't have Piggyzone even loaded, I have not warped... Yet it is still there. I believe this to be a bug with EQ.

I think to be honest, the only part of Piggyzone that's banning is Gating. I've had friends that didn't know it was banning who were zoneshifting like crazy on alts. Still no bans. Don't take my word for it please. I really don't want the guilty concience if I'm wrong. (it's bad enough I was the first guy here to update the offset)

Why would gate be banning? If you have gate memmed, or you have gate potions on you, /gate is a perfectly normal thing. If you cross, 5 zones in less than a minute without selo's/Pally horse, that is out of the ordinary and would raise some flags. I honestly think it's probably the chainzoning part that's getting peeps banned. Your friends just might be lucky so far...

That's what SoE does. They don't nerf the obvious thing. They nerf something that wouldn't exactly be as overpowered, but it's an integral part of something else. It's meant JUST to piss us off.

If you used /gate in a macro and immediately followed it by /e fades away. How would this be detectable, hence bannable, compared to someone just gating?

I'm pretty sure chain zoning won't ban you, I have friends that have never touched MQ that get booted to server select screen for accidentally zoning back and forth through the same zones too fast because they're facing the wrong direction, and don't have Ykesha expansion.
As for zoning to different zones, connection lag and dial up lag can cause your character to jump from one spot to another in logs, when your connection catches up to the EQ server, you stay where your char is on your screen, you don't get sent back to where the server last detected you. So this could make the server detect chain zoning if you have a really bad connection.
As for the GM's outside Vxed, I also don't believe this part. Being a guide myself, if GM's are on, I generally see them in the CS Home unless they are working on petitions and must go face to face with players. Please note that Guides can only see others of guide status and lower when they are hidden. We cannot see Sr. Guides or GM's when they decide to go stealth.
Lastly, Guides and GM's have nothing to do with each other. Guides *may* assist in GM events and hold their own events, but we do not communicate with them on petitions or know any of their secrets. Even when guides did work with petitions, we only escalated the petitions to the GM's. They won't tell us their secrets because they are paid sony employees, and we are volunteers. If we let out the secrets, they're screwed on catching us.

Speaking from experience, I think it's safe to say that if you have used the Shared Bank DoCrack in the past couple months, and you haven't been banned yet, eventually, you will be.

You are marked, and it's only a matter of time before the GMs check and see it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but eventually it will happen and they will get to you.

Cancell your subscriptions now... Hit back... Make sure Sony feels it too.

I believe Sony just put the ban stick to work after the release of this expansion to scare the rest of the MQers to stop, especially since they know a lot of the gear they put into the missions is not recommended or required level. They cannot afford to ban every MQer. With the way the servers are now, that's probably a good 20% of the population. If you continually use shared from here on yeah, they'll hit you, but if you haven't been hit yet and have stopped within a couple days of the release of the expansion, I think you're safe. Eventually they'll probably start unbanning accounts just to get old players to come back to keep the money coming.

cybris said:
I did have something weird happen the otehr night with piggyzone and i'm not gonna use it anymore. A guy sends me a tell asking for a port. I'm in Rathemtns killing hill giants. i tel him sure. I thought he was in rathe mtns as well. He sends me a tell back why'd you go to rathe mtns. i told him i thought he was here cause i've been here for awhile. He said well it says your in pok. I was like Uh oh. I told him must be a weird bug or something I haven't been there. Piggyzone bad leaves a ghost of you in a previous zone server side or something .

I got this the other day.I was on my mage and hadnt been in pok for hours and got a tell can i get pet weapons.I replyed i'm in a MM and guy says /who said you was in pok.Funny thing is thou I have never used MQ

/gate is used constantly during /zone operations. Your gate point is incorporated automatically into the mapping process. So if you are bound somewhere useful (say PoK) then you when you /zone you usually start with a /gate. It all happens behind the scenes.

If anyone was getting banned for /zone /gate or /fade it would be pretty obvious. Many people using Vxed or FH macros warp to a safe spot and /fade to ditch aggro and heal up. No-one has reported a ban from this yet.

Frankly, If you read the thead about "what to do if you get banned" you will see that few people are willing to post their config as requested. From all the collected data around, it looks like people who used shared since the red message appeared are being banned. I have seen only 1 report of someone who claimed not to have used shared, but they were unwilling to post any real data, so I discount their input.

It boggles my mind that people don't have logging turned on. I can't imagine running an unattended macro without being able to trace back who tried to talk to me while I was afk.

The ghost issue is definitely not related to piggyzone. Plenty of people get it who don't have MQ at all.

I'm also amazed at how stupid Sony is for these bannings. Of all the plat exploits that actually damage the economy or the various exploits which impact other players, they decide to attack the shared bank exploit. Could there be a more harmless exploit out there? You can only transfer stuff that YOU earned on the SAME account. They could have just deleted the items (like they apparently did for their high paying legends users) but instead they ban thousands of accounts? Thats millions of dollars a year out the window! What freaking moron thought that up?

My guess is that they are just trying to shut the game down. They already went through phase 1 of the shutdown with the 50% reduction in servers. So they lowered their overhead by 50% and upped their price by 50% at the same time. Its pretty much following the path of every other online rpg as it ages out. Eventually there will be 4-5 servers left with a minimum pricetag of $30 per month. They will try to BS it by changing their access plan to "Station access" only and pretend that there is more value because you have access to more games for your $30.

Bottom line is that they want to close the game down, so they will find more and more ways to chase customers off. Bad management is universal to online RPGs. EQ had a good run over all. It stayed in the top 5 for several years, so I can't really complain that much. Just makes me shake my head to think what they could have don't if their heads weren't stuck so far up their asses.

Reducing the number of servers was required to keep EQ alive though. People were constantly leaving due to the low population on the servers from World of Warcraft and EQ release. I'm glad they merged servers, I spent 6 hours a day with LFG every day at level 65+, lucky to get a group for half an hour, so the server merges are what kept me playing up until now.

Sony doesn't really have another cashcow ... EQ2 had a quick blip, but i don't know anyone who has really stayed in that game for more than a month or so.

As long as it's making them money, they won't try to shut it down.

I refuse to believe they're shutting it down either. A lot of work goes into these new expansions and so on, and they've only just released one.

That's so it, mguk, I'm stealing that avatar and putting it as my buddy icon on AIM lol, don't worry, won't put it anywhere else.

Sony doesn't really have another cashcow

/boggle

The world's largest manufacturer of Televisions and A/V equipment doesn't have another cash cow???

And nobody buys those silly Playstation portables. It's just a coincidence that it's the best selling game system of all time.

How's the weather in Bizarro Land?

a gaming cashcow

large corps like sony like to dabble in multiple marketing venues ... spread out their assets etc both to make more money and to protect themselves if somethign falls through.

should have read "online gaming cashcow". EQ2 could have been EQ1's replacment ... but it was not successful

I completely agree with Keith on this one.

EQ2 was a MAJOR bust.

Wish they bring the looks over to this one, MINUS the shitty ass graphics engine in EQ2.

I mean....I didn't think it would be possible to make a worse GE then the one currently in EQ.....but..

It IS SoE after all...LOL

Back a page... the bug with having a ghost on your screen. That is a bug with EQ and is a client issue; many people have reported this, including people who I know don't use mq (or they've fooled me, which means they'd be smart enough that they wouldn't say anything about this if it were mq related). They changed the way you zone with dodh (obviously, why mq2zone was broken). My guess is the issue is that the server sends you a list of spawns earlier than before. So when it's sent to you a person is in the zone, but they zone out while you're zoning (but after the data has been sent); you zone in, your client hasn't been told to despawn them (this is probably the bug...) so if they zone back in you get two copies. Try it using a few accounts and succor sometime. Now as for having two copies of *yourself* on the screen, I bet this can only happen with /fade. So maybe they're related, but still it only appears to your client I don't know what use it would be to them.

cbsro said:
Now as for having two copies of *yourself* on the screen, I bet this can only happen with /fade. So maybe they're related, but still it only appears to your client I don't know what use it would be to them.
hmm, would be fun to be able to create multiple duplicates of yourself. Who wouldn't like to have an army of themselves, that would be really intimidating to others...if they actually did anything lol.

I'm also amazed at how stupid Sony is for these bannings. Of all the plat exploits that actually damage the economy or the various exploits which impact other players, they decide to attack the shared bank exploit. Could there be a more harmless exploit out there?

It isn't the shared crack that is the problem, it's just the one they can(maybe) track atm. SOE is trying to track down the cracks that are affecting game play, and if you use the shared crack, then you have the means to use other cracks.

They could have just deleted the items (like they apparently did for their high paying legends users) but instead they ban thousands of accounts? Thats millions of dollars a year out the window!

Are the bannings in the thousands? Where are these numbers coming from? I wonder how many accounts have actually been banned to this point. Sure, there are several/many on this board, but you'd expect that. I mean this site is an exploit site.
I hope they do eventually release the numbers just for the sake of curiosity.

If SOE where trying to shut eq down, then they wouldn't spend resources on tracking down cheaters. They'd stop adding new content, drop service, and let the game fade away. Do you really think they would rather you send your dollars to another company instead of theirs?

It'll be interesting to see how all of this turns out. If Sony releases the banned accounts, it means that the numbers were too high, and the profit line dipped too much. You would think that they would have had to run the numbers before they started dropping the axe though, and either they were satisfied with the predicted outcome, or the plan is a scare tactic and they planned on reversing the bans all along. I would not be surprised if they found a way to make money out of the whole thing, and started offering to let you pay to move your banned characters to an unbanned or new account. I find it interesting as well, that people with multiple accounts aren't always losing all of them. It also seems as though most people are losing their high-level "main" accounts more often than their alternate accounts.

Just feeding the rumor mill some more.

G'Luck all.

Ban Reasons Confirmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back