• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bad luck for me this month. (rant and Q's) (1 Viewer)

Infiniteye

BANNED
RedCents
104¢
I'm just ranting about my computer breaking the other day.. If you don't care sorry for making you click this. lol

So I decided to clean my computer the other day, I always have the case open and a fan running so I can see when it starts getting dusty. I also just love looking at it. So I took it outside and sprayed it down a bit with the good ol stinky can of air. Wish they never added that bitterant crap. I took it inside after letting it sit for a few minutes. Plugged everything back in and then the power cord. I turned it on and got a NTDLR missing error. I figured, oh I plugged the HD's into the wrong plugs. I turned it off and sure enough two of the three plugs were in the wrong spot. I switched them and started up again, No video..

I just broke my video card that I bought 3 years ago. I hate my life.. lol. The warranty of course is expired. I unloaded $300.00 at newegg for an "MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC." This is upgrading from a GTX 260 core 212. It was ok for it's day, but seems like it's just wasn't cutting it for me these days anyway since I often five box now. I'm not planning on running two video cards in crossfire, I just want one because I only have one monitor. Do you guys think that will be a good card for 5 or less boxing? I also had restrictions like my mid tower case so I can't have anything over 10.5 maybe 10.9 inches, my old car is 10.5 and I have to really work to get it into position, it barely fits even. The HDD cage is facing outwards so there's no finagling a longer one in unless I want to break/modify the case.

I'm thinking about doing some other major upgrading soon because I'm running an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750. The new I7's are nice but I'd need a new mobo with it. New ram too so I'd be doing quite a bit of buying. I wanted to get some suggestions on these and if you think that video card I bought is good. Seemed from the reviews that it's easily OC/OVable even for newbs like me. I can build a computer but I just don't know much about OCing. Thanks for reading my rant/question about computer stuff. I'm using my brothers computer for now, it's an onboard video PoS from HP.

No EQ for a while till I get the new card and or figure out what else got burnt out. The Mobo light is on and the HDD's all plugged into my USB IDE/Sata cable so I know they are still functioning since I accessed them to get my INI's and check them. This couldn't have happened at a worse time too, I just lost my 2 year old laptops' HDD, It had that stupid S.M.A.R.T. Error saying to back up the data etc, and then one day it just didn't load... lol. I was trying to save money for a 120 GB SSD from cruicial and I get this video card issue dropped in my lap.. sigh. At least I have an excuse to buy fun stuff now, My birthday is this month.

I know the feeling everytime i go to frys i look at all the new items i want the problem is to change something simple as the proccessor i would need a new mobo if i did that most mobos are running ddr3 now which needs new ram and convincing my girlfriend its a necessity is not going to happen. sorry no input on the video card not one im overly familiar with i typically stick with my nvidias

I know the feeling everytime i go to frys i look at all the new items i want the problem is to change something simple as the proccessor i would need a new mobo if i did that most mobos are running ddr3 now which needs new ram and convincing my girlfriend its a necessity is not going to happen. sorry no input on the video card not one im overly familiar with i typically stick with my nvidias

OMFG I just stare at shit when I go Frys and wonder if I really have to pay my rent .

I love fry's same thing my wife hates going with me since I look and look

That's when you explain to her that that's how you feel the other 99% of the time while you're following HER around shopping.

That's when you explain to her that that's how you feel the other 99% of the time while you're following HER around shopping.

If only it really worked that way. I tried that a couple of years ago with my wife... she told me "anytime you want to share that with me again, just plan to sleep on the couch" lol. At least the computers are near the couch and hind-sight being 20/20, I do recall the couch being quite comfortable... perhaps its time to try again :D

Bad luck for me this month. (rant and Q's)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back