• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - August 2023 Patch - 8th test, 16 live. (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
31,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him

no notes yet, will update when available

*** Highlights ***

- Added an option to use the old UI instead of the new UI. See the UI section for more details.
- The expansion requirement for purchasing and using custom Guild Halls and Guild Trophy Tribute has been reduced from Veil of Alaris to House of Thule.

*** Items ***

- Added the quest flag to Humming Finsternacht Rune, Whirring Clockwork Rune, Glowing Prismatic Rune, Humming Fleshwrought Rune, Whirring Archaen Rune, Glowing Entropic Rune, Scintillating Obsidianite Rune, Sparkling Precandescent Rune, and Twinkling Hyperfiligreed Rune.
- The Ice Encrusted Katar, Velium Threaded Katar, Luclinite Ensanguined Katar and the Phantasmal Luclinite Katar have all had Sympathetic Vampiric Draw added to them.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Fixed a client crash caused by running out of inventory space while tradeskilling with Make All.
- Tradeskill combines completed with Make All now place items directly into your bags instead of being automatically put away from your cursor. If you run out of room while using Make All, the items will be placed on your cursor. If you are holding item(s) when it's time for a new combine, they will be placed into your bags.
- If the zone and client go out of sync when doing tradeskill combines with Make All, there should no longer be a 12 second delay.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Rallos Returns: Both tasks will now lock once Rallos Zek is defeated. Also, the Council will do less damage and Rallos will do a bit more damage.
- One of Our Own (Task): Added a 30 minute replay timer.
- Pit Fight (Raid): No non-grimlings will gain the benefits of being within Hargil Bloodpoint's aura. Achievement failure messages will be given when the first failure happens.

*** Spells ***

- The various guild and fellowship banner spells will no longer stack with each other.
- Refined the description for the Superior Standard of Power.
- Increased pet HP for the following swarm pet spell lines at all ranks:
- - Bard - Pests of the Piper
- - Beastlord - Bark at the Moon
- - Shaman - Pack of Aina
- - Monk - Cloud of Fists
- - Necromancer - Call Skeleton Swarm
- Fixed many spell descriptions that were incomplete or inaccurate.
- Added messages that will indicate when your pets are summoned with the benefit of a pet focus.

*** AA ***

- Increased pet HP for the following swarm pet AAs at all ranks:
- - Bard - Song of Stone
- - Beastlord - Attack of the Warder (renamed from "Attack of the Warders")
- - Druid - Spirit of Nature (renamed from "Spirits of Nature")
- - Magician - Host of the Elements
- - Necromancer - Rise of Bones
- - Necromancer - Swarm of Decay
- Increased max pet count for the following swarm pet AAs:
- - Ranger - Pack Hunt (max pet count is now 2 starting at rank 4)
- - Shadow Knight - Chattering Bones (max pet count is now 2 starting at rank 13)
- - Shaman - Spirit Call (max pet count is now 2 starting at rank 2)
- - Wizard - Call of Xuzl (max pet count is now 2 starting at rank 3)

*** Overseer ***

- Overseer event quests are now shorter! Specifically, duration timers now range from 3 - 6 hours. This change applies to all Overseer event quests, including the new quests for Stone Cold Summer, Feast of Giving, and next years Tempest Festival in addition to the previously released quests for EQ's Anniversary, Scorched Skies, Nights of the Dead, and Frostfell.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Davorre Bloodthorn is available starting in classic.
- Living Legacy will now be available on servers with Secrets of Faydwer unlocked.
- Corrected an issue that could cause stationary NPCs to not regain the ability to proximity aggro players after being Encounter Locked.
- Updated how Kalim`Kar the Gold (in Seeds of Destruction) and Dwekvard Gravelpick execute their spell rune exchange.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Corrected multiple issues that could cause an NPC's death to be credited to someone that didn't actually do the most damage to it.
- Fixed several issues related to the spell buff windows that could cause the client to crash if a spell is attributed to a corpse or a player that's not in the current zone.
- The expansion requirement for purchasing and using custom Guild Halls and Guild Trophy Tribute has been reduced from Veil of Alaris to House of Thule.

*** UI ***

- Fixed an issue where the quantity window would initialize partially off-screen.
- Resolved an issue that would cause items in bags to flicker constantly. Flickering still may occur if you have many, many bags open, but should be less obvious.
- Fixed item power source bars to show in all bags/banks.
- Fixed the mail icon on the selector window always showing unread mail when using the older UI.
- Tweaked the quantity window so it can now be escaped.
- Added an option to use the old UI instead of the new UI. You can enable it by either checking the appropriate box in the display tab of the options window, or by adding UseNewUIEngine=0 in the Defaults section of your eqclient.ini. Please note that you MUST restart your client for the change to take effect!
- When holding an item (or hot button or spell gem) and zoning, the attached icon should now be much closer to your cursor instead of at the top left of the screen.
- Fixed typos and consistency mistakes in Inventory Stats and Mercenary tooltips.

- Changed -
EQUI_Inventory.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_TradeskillWnd.xml

*** Highlights ***
- Gave users the option to disable our shitty New UI...because they never asked us to fuck it up in the first place and we've been forced to acknowledge they pay the bills
- Un-fucked up pet swarms for fucked up classes with various spells
- Grammarlied shit...

"Your EQ Zombie Devs"

button GIF

REF: Old UI Switch
Does anyone see the option for the Old UI Switch in game?

I have done a slow search of the Options Window > Display & General tabs and don't find anything related to using or not using the Old UI. Also checked Advanced under Display...

I know the directions for eqclient, however, just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would post just in case someone sees something I don't.

~TheFiddler~

REF: Old UI Switch
Does anyone see the option for the Old UI Switch in game?

I have done a slow search of the Options Window > Display & General tabs and don't find anything related to using or not using the Old UI. Also checked Advanced under Display...

I know the directions for eqclient, however, just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would post just in case someone sees something I don't.

~TheFiddler~
On the display tab in options, lower right hand check box under UI Scale.

Attachments

• turnoffUI.png
    turnoffUI.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 3
- Gave users the option to disable our shitty New UI...because they never asked us to fuck it up in the first place and we've been forced to acknowledge they pay the bills

We, collectively, did actually ask for a new UI. That was one of the large complaints for modernization. I didn't care about the new UI as much as numerous other items, but it was indeed asked for.
Their lack of development prowess is what caused the state where we're at with the fucked up user interface.

fyi - tonight's patch is likely going to be a little later than we're spoiled and used to; make sure to get notified if you want to.

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:

fyi - tonight's patch is likely going to be a little later than we're spoiled make sure to get notified if you want to.

What to expect on patch days?
When eq patches MQ has to be rebuilt. (you also have to patch EQ --- this way you avoid "Version Mismatch" issues)

once mq is built RG can build - we now have an automated system that rebuilds RG as soon as it is updated - which means our previous method of "let's give it a quick test" is no longer there, and sometimes there ends up being another smaller patch later to correct if something got missed - so re-check on patch days if you are having issues.

eq could change literally anything and it would require the way MQ interacts with that portion of EQ to be completely reworked. It is normally just offsets, sometimes struct changes --- with the large changes eq has been making over the past few months (updates and backend improvements) there are more things than just offset changes that are happening, so it can certainly be a lot of work for the devs.

Curious when Very Vanilla will be updated?
You'll get a web notification (if we have permission), site notification, and email (optional)
Click to watch
MacroQuest for Live servers:
MacroQuest for Test server

EQ patches go like this: (in theory)
2nd* tue/wed = test "real" patch
3rd* wed = live patch
4th* tue/wed = test "true up

the tue over the wed is a more recent thing (I suspect klanderso has more to do with that, and having time to ensure working stuff before the weekend and upset people - klanderso is pretty awesome)
* holidays subject to cause shifts in days or even week

test is notorious for being like "oops we forgot the 'dont crash plz' file, gotta patch again", or "woops we added +1 to crashing, we meant -1", so "on paper" it is double the patches, but very frequently ends up being more than double the work (i imagine, I'm not doing the work - I'd love to learn enough at some point to help facilitate doing so, however)

Mq itself is open source and by volunteer(s) - RG which builds and distributes that is obviously paid for.
If you wanted to show your appreciation to the MQ devs for their volunteer work:

Tip the MQ Developers HERE:
brainiac:
https://www.redguides.com/tip/brainiac
Reply to this thread after donating for your 🧠
dannuic:
Reply to this thread after for your :dannuic:
Translation

@Sic and our Dev's are going to Taco Wednesday...For faster patching tip for beer money

On the display tab in options, lower right hand check box under UI Scale.
That did not exist earlier when I logged in...
Will log in again to check again.

Nope, still not there on mine...
1692219755324.png

I'm thinking that because I already followed the method posted for using the Old UI, it is not showing up for me.
I am guessing I would now need to change it to where I'm using the New UI to see it.

Appreciate it as it's good to know where it Should be and where to look for it.

Last edited:
That did not exist earlier when I logged in...
Will log in again to check again.

Nope, still not there on mine...
View attachment 50348

I'm thinking that because I already followed the method posted for using the Old UI, it is not showing up for me.
I am guessing I would now need to change it to where I'm using the New UI to see it.

Appreciate it as it's good to know where it Should be and where to look for it.
Odd. Wonder if for some reason your EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml did not get updated when you patched the game today.

Odd. Wonder if for some reason your EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml did not get updated when you patched the game today.
Confirmed!
I had to do a /loadskin default
Check Options > Display and it was there.
Uncheck the option and notice popped up saying I will have to restart the game for the new UI changes to take effect.

FYI - Because I had gone through the old process of manually changing back to the Old UI, even today the Mailbox icon was still highlighted after the update. I had to go through the above directions to take the new changes to the Old UI so that the Mailbox icon would no longer be highlighted.

UGGGG!!!!

My home internet has been in and out for the last week and a half. Fixed last night after I went to work.....

And wake up to patch day. LOL I need my QrackPipe.

Last edited:
Discussion - August 2023 Patch - 8th test, 16 live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back