• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Audio On Focused Window Only? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
156¢
Is there any automated way to have audio turn off on background EQ windows and only give audio to the focused window? That way when I switch to different characters in the foreground I don't have to fiddle with their settings to get sound on/off?

ISboxer lets you create different game .ini for each character. This way you can toggle music off on any but your play character.

Dunno if theres a way to switch this depending on what window is in foreground and what isnt tho.

unless there's a tool that will suppress background audio that exists outside the eq/mq2 ecosystem, your best bet is to set sound for your main character and mute all the other characters.

You could just drop a sub in your Main loop to set any EQ window in the foreground to load whatever your desired sound settings are and to turn all sound settings off when in the background.
Slider values are base 5 iirc, so to set your volume to 50 on slider values you'd use 10, something like this would work I think. I'm not logged on to test it but if it doesn't work let me know.

INI:
    Sub Main
        ...stuff
        /call AudioHandler
    /return

Sub AudioHandler
        /if (!${EverQuest.Foreground}) {
            /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_SoundRealismSlider newvalue 0
            /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_MusicVolumeSlider newvalue 0
            /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_SoundVolumeSlider newvalue 0
            /if (${Window[OptionsGeneralPage].Child[OGP_EnvSoundsCheckbox].Checked}) /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_EnvSoundsCheckbox leftmouseup
            /if (${Window[OptionsGeneralPage].Child[OGP_CombatMusicCheckbox].Checked}) /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_CombatMusicCheckbox leftmouseup

} else {
            /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_SoundRealismSlider newvalue 10
            /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_MusicVolumeSlider newvalue 10
            /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_SoundVolumeSlider newvalue 10
            /if (!${Window[OptionsGeneralPage].Child[OGP_EnvSoundsCheckbox].Checked}) /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_EnvSoundsCheckbox leftmouseup
            /if (!${Window[OptionsGeneralPage].Child[OGP_CombatMusicCheckbox].Checked}) /notify OptionsGeneralPage OGP_CombatMusicCheckbox leftmouseup
        }
    /return

This is just using the code provided by dum_as_f but in a way that makes it so you can just assign a hotkey or something to send the command out to other windows. For example if in my config sound is on for all windows I would turn it off for the background windows.

/bca //mac soundoff

If the sound in my config is set to off, I would turn it on for my main char
/mac soundon

Soundoff.mac
soundoff.mac:
Sub Main
    /call AudioHandler
/return

Sub AudioHandler
    /notify optionswindow ogp_soundrealismslider newvalue 0
    /notify optionswindow ogp_musicvolumeslider newvalue 0
    /notify optionswindow ogp_soundvolumeslider newvalue 0
    /if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_envsoundscheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_envsoundscheckbox leftmouseup
    /if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_combatmusiccheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_combatmusiccheckbox leftmouseup
/return

Soundon.mac
soundon.mac:
Sub Main
    /call AudioHandler
/return

Sub AudioHandler
    /notify optionswindow ogp_soundrealismslider newvalue 10
    /notify optionswindow ogp_musicvolumeslider newvalue 10
    /notify optionswindow ogp_soundvolumeslider newvalue 10
    /if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_envsoundscheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_envsoundscheckbox leftmouseup
    /if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_combatmusiccheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_combatmusiccheckbox leftmouseup
/return

I wanted this too in the beginning, honestly I'm glad I have non focused sounds now. I can't tell you how many times I've heard random fights sounds to look at my other monitor and see one of my guys not where he's supposed to be lol.

Question - Audio On Focused Window Only?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back