• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Are you billed during suspenions? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,626¢
There is a debate going on at the other forums as far as if someone is billed during your suspension for the game. I have not been but am curious if any of the other folks suspended got billed? Or is your billing just set off 7 days? How does that work. Anyone have hard evidence?

You are billed during a suspension. I was suspended 3 days before the billing cycle, they processed my recurring sub while I was suspended.

There is a debate going on at the other forums as far as if someone is billed during your suspension for the game. I have not been but am curious if any of the other folks suspended got billed? Or is your billing just set off 7 days? How does that work. Anyone have hard evidence?
Yes, they'll get their money. Be cautious if you decide to charge back the service, that'll turn into an instant ban of the account with the chargeback

You are pretty much their bitches during suspension. It will take recurring, and you cannot change since it won't let you make any account changes while suspended.

You can complain and try to escalate the ticket (usually someone replies on day 6).

You can do a chargeback (but they close account perm so you'll never get it back).

Well, its not that I don't fully believe but it also locks you out of account management so you cannot buy krono or dbc or change billing info and then cry fraud or say it was someone who stole your account.

So it would seem it would also block charging but then again we pay for a month in advance so that also would make sense. We would be paying for the time after the suspension.

Ah well, guess I am putting too much logic on the game mechanics. :)

Well, its not that I don't fully believe but it also locks you out of account management so you cannot buy krono or dbc or change billing info and then cry fraud or say it was someone who stole your account.

So it would seem it would also block charging but then again we pay for a month in advance so that also would make sense. We would be paying for the time after the suspension.

Ah well, guess I am putting too much logic on the game mechanics. :)
Yea...for VV/MQ accounts...better to switch to Krono only and farm krono for plat

Well, if you're doing it at the keyboard -- then farming plat for krono costs you more than just paying the sub fee.

And if you're not at the keyboard then you're the reason people are complaining about boxers taking up the plat camps~

But yeah, what blahblahblah84 said and either way DPG already has the money.

Well, if you're doing it at the keyboard -- then farming plat for krono costs you more than just paying the sub fee.

And if you're not at the keyboard then you're the reason people are complaining about boxers taking up the plat camps~

But yeah, what blahblahblah84 said and either way DPG already has the money.
I think that's relative, i can usually generate 2-4 million in just trademats with 12-15 chars in a couple of hours. More if you get lucky w/ Ice Encrusted, Bloodied, or bags & stuff. I'm always at the keyboard when I play so I don't know that agree with that logic. If a bot box somewhere that's running a krono gets hit somewhere it's just a couple of hours worth of farming for the krono and maybe a mil or two in gear...not a huge deal

In terms of cost...i'm usually already watching videos while wfh or goofing around gaming on this pc so it doesn't matter if I'm running eq or not...i'd still be on

I think that's relative, i can usually generate 2-4 million in just trademats with 12-15 chars in a couple of hours. More if you get lucky w/ Ice Encrusted, Bloodied, or bags & stuff. I'm always at the keyboard when I play so I don't know that agree with that logic. If a bot box somewhere that's running a krono gets hit somewhere it's just a couple of hours worth of farming for the krono and maybe a mil or two in gear...not a huge deal

In terms of cost...i'm usually already watching videos while wfh or goofing around gaming on this pc so it doesn't matter if I'm running eq or not...i'd still be on
Are you automating those camps? It is a rhetorical question because you already stated 12-15 chars which pretty sure you are not alt-tab boxing on these. Which fits into Knightly's narrative. Boxers taking up the plat camps.

Are you automating those camps? It is a rhetorical question because you already stated 12-15 chars which pretty sure you are not alt-tab boxing on these. Which fits into Knightly's narrative. Boxers taking up the plat camps.
Nah, i'll run alt+tab as main tank for 2 teams ... so that's twelve right there at two camps, and manually train each team and let each team burn it down...repeat. On the other 2-3 i'll just go /mac kissassist hunter with 2 or 3 mages in 70's-80's zones to gather trademats or backpacks.

Not rocket science, basically gather blue diamonds, diamonds, spells, etc.. Works just as well with a melee char

Which is what I said.

Regarding whether that time costs you more than the sub fee…given “just a couple of hours worth of farming for the krono”…how much is that in comparison to, say, your local McDonald’s?

Spending time to save money is only relative to the value of your time…and not spending time is the reason people hate automation.

I once heard someone describe constant automation of plat farming as “a long form plat dupe” and they’re not wrong. But regardless of all that, there’s nothing here that makes spending a krono better than just paying a sub (as far as lost money for a suspension goes especially).

Which is what I said.

Regarding whether that time costs you more than the sub fee…given “just a couple of hours worth of farming for the krono”…how much is that in comparison to, say, your local McDonald’s?

Spending time to save money is only relative to the value of your time…and not spending time is the reason people hate automation.

I once heard someone describe constant automation of plat farming as “a long form plat dupe” and they’re not wrong. But regardless of all that, there’s nothing here that makes spending a krono better than just paying a sub (as far as lost money for a suspension goes especially).
Meh...bottom line is i'm just having fun @Knightly in my situation I would have been goofing around in EQLands anyhows...I'm just goofing around while getting some plat/krono...but I hear your point. For people who may be doing this for a living it's more of a job with costs, etc.

So...free plats...little krono...i keep my McChicken money safe and sound

Last edited:
leave it to everquest to precharge for a service they are not actually delivering... kinda like leaving your car in the driveway and having your mechanic charge you for an oil change

leave it to everquest to precharge for a service they are not actually delivering... kinda like leaving your car in the driveway and having your mechanic charge you for an oil change
Not remotely like that at all. More like getting your license suspended for a DUI then asking to have some of your registration fee refunded.

ya that sucks. either way they are gonna get you anyway heh. When u wanna play, u wanna play.

I did have a thought though to get around them charging u while u r suspended.. If you do pay monthly, as soon as u get popped, cancel your subscription. resub when u can play again. why give them the benefit of free money. I used to auto click my krono for example, id have my accounts with a cpl krono already clicked and waiting.. and then i realized that I might not even log that toon on for a day or 2 or 4.. so i stopped auto clicking the damn things and now if it expires and im ready to actually play the toon, i sub it

Or at least that's how i started doing it before i took my break. It might only give u a day or even a half day but its still time u use within your schedule. example, I play late at night. do i care if my sub ran out at 2 pm.. no. im at work and wont be home for 9 hours.

my thoughts heh. we all play as we play and pay as we pay. Hope you get the best out of your time and money

oh. sorry my thought on the billing. forgot to edit that. My thought there is simply that there is an existing option to pay monthly, like cable for example. U don't get that with registrations for your vehicle, U also don't really get that with car insurance, although u can cancel anytime, It's still something you pretty much lock yourself into for a year at a time. Having monthly billing will at least allow you to cancel. but lets be honest, its far better to do long term commitment on your subbing since they increase the value of your dollars paid significantly the longer the term you sub for. wouldn't really be prudent to go monthly and avoid saving 50% simply to avoid a few days of exile.

Last edited:
Discussion - Are you billed during suspenions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back