• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - April 5th, 2023 downtime (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,626¢
I searched first and have not found it posted yet but saw from EQ on twit that there is going to be a down time on Wed April 5th:

We will be having a global downtime on April 5th starting at 6 a.m. PT and lasting around 6 hours. This affects login, commerce, and authentication services. Read-only access on forums and websites will be possible. Please watch our socials for updates!

All EverQuest servers, Test server, and services, will be taken offline for scheduled extended maintenance on Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 6:00 a.m. PST*. This affects login, commerce, and authentication services. Read-only access on forums and websites will be possible. Please watch our socials for updates! The estimated downtime is expected to be approximately 6 hours.

All EverQuest servers, Test server, and services, will be taken offline for scheduled extended maintenance on Wednesday, April 5, 2023 at 6:00 a.m. PST*. This affects login, commerce, and authentication services. Read-only access on forums and websites will be possible. Please watch our socials for updates! The estimated downtime is expected to be approximately 6 hours.
Extended maintenance does not necessarily mean a patch though, just could be a quick defrag and go. Yes, I said defrag. This is DBG after all.

Those server gerbils need a break sometime too!

episode 8 wheel GIF

Last edited:
These mother...lovers. I got my breakfast...had my coffee ready...sat down....and a service outage. I just have to say it...

Step Brothers Mf GIF by reactionseditor
I knew it was coming, but yet I still feel like your Gif....wnet and dropped my kids off and came back to the 8 EQ windows all disconnected..
Grr, I was still using my Bard, Druid, Wiz and Ranger plugins.. Can't wait for them to come out. For your Helltfff.

I knew it was coming, but yet I still feel like your Gif....wnet and dropped my kids off and came back to the 8 EQ windows all disconnected..
Grr, I was still using my Bard, Druid, Wiz and Ranger plugins.. Can't wait for them to come out. For your Helltfff.
Sic and CWTN might take longer to release because of the A holes

Sic and CWTN might take longer to release because of the A holes
I'm excited for them, but sad cause I am not sure I can afford all 4, me and my first world probs :P
Whenever they come out, I'm happy for the taste and to know that they are being improved than what we got to use. The knuckleheads that ruined it, are talking about such a waste of time, the plugins get improved all the time, get monthly fixes for EQ's game updates and are put together for only $20 for the YEAR...I can't see the time you take to try and reverse code or hack or whatever is the right term, to try and save that $20. $1.67 a month and the time is takes to do all that every month..hahahahaha c'mon. Anyways, I enjoy the work done and find I can focus more on having fun. 😊

I know DBG posted a take down time of 09:00 EDT / 06:00 PDT, but did they give an estimated duration? I tried to check the forums over there but didn’t see anything.

6 hours as durango said lilwizzie said they believe that dbg said is what has been said. some say

LoL at 'Please watch our Socials' ...you have a company website where it should be the very first place to find info about your business. They even state the website forums will be in in read only format.

EverQuest Official #announcements-and-news:

Global downtime is being extended 2 hours (to 2pm PT). We apologize for this inconvenience and will update via socials and Discord as soon as we have further news to share. Thank you for your patience.

They new I took a day off work today to play EQ and most of all not miss my guilds raid today. Pretty sure thr Chief doc called DB and told them am not making today and he will have to fill in on some of my procedures for today that could not be postponed.

Well at least the servers are now up but still locked. Maybe the 2 hour extension was an attempt to under promise and then over deliver.

The new TLP server shows an interesting twist in the timeline. As expansions are released, the server will transition from straight truebox, then to 3 accts per, and finally to no truebox. Perhaps an acknowledgement that running multiple toons is a way of life for many?

The new TLP server shows an interesting twist in the timeline. As expansions are released, the server will transition from straight truebox, then to 3 accts per, and finally to no truebox. Perhaps an acknowledgement that running multiple toons is a way of life for many?
This isnt new at all...

News - April 5th, 2023 downtime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back