• Hail, we're RedGuides. We want you to play several EverQuest characters at once. We have scripts and a friendly community to help, please join our playstyle and say hello! 👋

Question - Anyone else find themselves waffling between "favorite" classes? (1 Viewer)

I think it's only natural to waffle between classes or explore a bit if you've been playing the same game as many years as we've all been playing EQ. After all this is a hobby, so you try to keep it fun and as new as you can after a quarter century.
 
I find even post nerf (which happened quite a while ago) pet's and their abilities that avoid damage allow for some ridiculous things, for example the necros two buffs that allow their pet to block up to 1/4mil damage + avoid the next X amount of hits allow their pet to effectively be invulnerable to any current group and even most of the old raid tank damage. You can use a dps merc (melee or caster) and just spam the necro 1/4 mil damage rune on pet and effectively solo whatever you want.
 
I’ve spoken to a bunch of top tier raiders, I’ve seen tons of parses and honestly I think it just come down to work you’ve put into char, game knowledge and the bottom line being play what you enjoy the most. You can make literally any class shine when you’re having fun doing it.
 
I’ve spoken to a bunch of top tier raiders, I’ve seen tons of parses and honestly I think it just come down to work you’ve put into char, game knowledge and the bottom line being play what you enjoy the most. You can make literally any class shine when you’re having fun doing it.
Class knowledge + knowledge of game theory (DPS, uptime, awareness of who & what is in your group, their cooldown usage, etc.) can make any class stand out. A cleric that knows what they're doing will contribute more to the group's kills per hour than a scrub who's 3-boxing MAG/BER/BST (idk, pick any 3 DPS classes).
 
ive always had a soft spot for necromancer and keep going back, but currently monk is my flavour of the month, how long this lasts who knows, never did like playing tank so kept away from those altogether maybe i should give a pally a try
 
Question - Anyone else find themselves waffling between "favorite" classes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
Cart