• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Anyone build simple guild websites? (1 Viewer)

I make websites easily this way for people.

Domain purchase on godaddy $25-$30 annually. Rent hosting at $7-$20 per month from them too. Install Wordpress (free), Download or buy a premium template or use one of their free templates. Install some free plugins. Make pages and posts and upload images and embed them into posts or YouTube videos, etc and watch YouTube videos on how to use Wordpress, pretty simple — and then there are always drag and drop easy website starters like Wix

I make websites easily this way for people.

Domain purchase on godaddy $25-$30 annually. Rent hosting at $7-$20 per month from them too. Install Wordpress (free), Download or buy a premium template or use one of their free templates. Install some free plugins. Make pages and posts and upload images and embed them into posts or YouTube videos, etc and watch YouTube videos on how to use Wordpress, pretty simple — and then there are always drag and drop easy website starters like Wix
Please, do not use GoDaddy for anything.

Ideally you should buy domain from one place - like namecheap, and hosting from another place (even wordpress directly would be ok for wordpress). Then you keep complete control.

GoDaddy have a horrible history and are not so hot presently.

TLDR; they overcharge, overbill, not to mention the previously batshit insane elephant killing owner.

Agree with playj...I avoid GoDaddy completely. Constant billing issues, etc. I have transferred the domains I had parked there away. I use NameCheap and have never had an issue with them in 10+ years.

Another option is to host a wiki. Like dokuwiki. I personally use one for work. But would work well if you want to share updating responsibilities.

I took Doc's advice and built a Wix it went together easy everything I wanted. I just have to fill it in. Which I will do by the first of the year we are now adding new guild members.

Discussion - Anyone build simple guild websites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back