• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Anybody else seeing this error lately? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
286¢
I'll be fighting, like normal, and suddenly several characters are instantly out of game, and not back to character select, not back to server select, but all the way back to the login screen with the error 'Your login could not be validated. Please try logging in again.' Anybody else been seeing this lately?

I'll be fighting, like normal, and suddenly several characters are instantly out of game, and not back to character select, not back to server select, but all the way back to the login screen with the error 'Your login could not be validated. Please try logging in again.' Anybody else been seeing this lately?
eq servers are a big pile of poo lately.

this usually means you got booted and was a server hiccup

when I camp out sometimes I end up at server select instead of character select and get the same message. Often times autologin will catch it and hit my server and it'll go through anyway despite the message saying it couldn't validate the login. As Sic said, likely just some hiccup in the system. Though you may want to look for something that could potentially camp you out like posse with a command set to make you camp, or something to that effect.

yup

eq servers are a big pile of poo lately.

this usually means you got booted and was a server hiccup

Yeah, I've seen some weird weird stuff this past month, especially when server is really glitching. I went to add pp to a trade window once and next thing you know I have the same amount of pp in character window AND on mouse cursor, I think that's not right, so I cancel trade, then I had double the pp on my character window. I panic, thinking - I didn't want this to happen, so I exit out immediately, log back in, and it's back to right amount. Later I go to meet somebody, put pp in trade window, it's so laggy they move away and window drops, pp completely vanished, didn't go back to character window, I camp out and back in and it's back again. Just weird stuff. Or zones crashing and putting me back at entrance of zone.

Edit: Also, it isn't posse, it'll happen in midfight according to logs, in game one second, not the next.

Last edited:
Ive had the log out, had a trade cancel and Plat poof (6m worth, GM restored it), somehow duped a item from parcels last night.. maybe im just noticing more, but it seems glitchy as hell

Ive had the log out, had a trade cancel and Plat poof (6m worth, GM restored it), somehow duped a item from parcels last night.. maybe im just noticing more, but it seems glitchy as hell

At least I know it's not just me then.

I went into the dbg file after a disconnect tonight and saw something before each disconnect. Question is - is it that being disconnected causes this, or is this causing the disconnect? I X'd out the numbers in case they're unique in some way:
[Wed Mar 03 16:47:46 2021]XXXXX:Uploader Error: ERROR: FunctionObjectT::Connect, failed for url="https://auth.daybreakgames.com/rest/client/session/touch"
[Wed Mar 03 16:47:46 2021]XXXXX:Uploader Error: ERROR: FunctionObjectT::FireEvent, trackingId=3, err="UploaderErrBadAuthentication", sslConnectionFilterErr="cErrDisconnectOtherSideTerminated"
[Wed Mar 03 16:50:26 2021]XXXXX:Networking: connection terminated [client:DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,server:DisconnectReasonTimeout]

Question - Anybody else seeing this error lately?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back