• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Any cheaper expansion options? (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,741¢
Pronouns
He/Him
Thinking of coming back - looks like to get current xpac is $35 per account, will need 5 (maybe 11) of them yikes --- available cheaper anywhere? or any chance of sales happening soon - do they even do that?

If you are just looking for gear and don't care about content, the anniversary is in about 7 weeks. The gear from anniversary is as good as Tier 3 Burning Lands if not slightly better (5% over T3).

So you could skip buying it, assuming it won't have TBL requirements to participate.

Its the equivalent of what Hardcore Sebilis gear was to EoK tier 2, made it pretty much pointless to get EoK gear.

just having gold access is enough to get you to the EoK expansion era.

Depending on when you stopped playing, that can give you plenty to do with quests, if you want to garner heroic stat boosts

Just play free for now. That will get you 21 expansions up to The Darkened Sea free. Since your only "thinking" of playing the going thru those will help you decide if you want to pay.

They usually have half off sale in November right before next expansion release. At that point you would buy the latest - The Burning Lands and get the rest of them included.

No word yet but you never know - there may be a sale for the anniversary.

There is actually a difference between Gold and expansions. You can buy expansions and still play free and/or you can be Gold and only own those that come free (up to the darkened Sea) In other words going paid would give you some benefits but you still have to buy the expansions

Last edited:
Since when does just being gold give you up to EoK?

I'm confused

it doesn't , unless you had already purchased EOK, if you create an account now and do not purchase the New Expac but go Gold you get 21 out of 25 expacs just like a F2P player, only difference is you get full Free AA (except trade etc) and can have a J5 and prestige items etc.

it doesn't , unless you had already purchased EOK, if you create an account now and do not purchase the New Expac but go Gold you get 21 out of 25 expacs just like a F2P player, only difference is you get full Free AA (except trade etc) and can have a J5 and prestige items etc.

Unless he plays on test server ... then Gold and EoK are free.

--shrugs--

I use a friend's accounts who hasn't logged into EQ in 5+ years, but pays for gold status. Unless he is deciding to buy expansions that are years old just as release time hits (which hey, maybe he is.... no idea why he would get EoK over RoS though) I can only say that his toons have access to EoK after TBL was released.

And this is on The Rathe.

Either way though... still depends on when you quit versus what you want to do.

Right now I am running some of his toons through EoK while waiting on at least the first zone of TBL to obtain a lower dick tolerance threshold =P

If you happen to be on that server, I would be happy to lend a hand with sorting things out.

Thanks for the replies

I have I think 6 accounts with EoK, 1 with RoS (but never played it), and the others were up to TBM

Lol!

So I got fresh eq install, veryvanilla setup, showeq setup, all that stuff. Got my main crew together and rolled out. My tank was WTF exploding 3-4 times per mob and I couldn't figure out why... All her gear was Tier2 or w/e and it isn't gold... only 1 slot isn't yellow! yikes lol

Always an interesting experience coming back to the game

If you are just looking for gear and don't care about content, the anniversary is in about 7 weeks. The gear from anniversary is as good as Tier 3 Burning Lands if not slightly better (5% over T3).

So you could skip buying it, assuming it won't have TBL requirements to participate.

Its the equivalent of what Hardcore Sebilis gear was to EoK tier 2, made it pretty much pointless to get EoK gear.

Any more info on the source of this gear? Coming back to live as well and curious..

Any more info on the source of this gear? Coming back to live as well and curious..

I'm not sure about the anny stuff - which starts March 16th, but the Conflagrant Crafted (and Bazaar sellable/buyable) gear is very good, and many pieces are very cheap (like 15k for a piece)

Not sure if it begins today (12 Feb 19) or when live gets patched next week, but TBM and EOK are going free to play on all normal live servers.

Not sure if it begins today (12 Feb 19) or when live gets patched next week, but TBM and EOK are going free to play on all normal live servers.

oh shit that's fantastic for my second diamond group

oh shit that's fantastic for my second diamond group

Yah I'm holding out on even buying TBL till either during anniversary or after anniversary for my other 5 accounts for that reason. I purchased TBL on one account to check out beta, but haven't done anything content wise in that expansion on my account. I'll wait to see if I can just grab the anniversary gear for my toons and avoid buying TBL altogether.

Question - Any cheaper expansion options?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back