• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Adding New Toons To My Crew (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,888¢
I have a question that I hope merits some group advice. I'm adding a couple of characters. They are Heroic retreads. I have one account that has a Mage, Ranger and the Heroic and another that has Pally, Monk and Heroic. Right now I'm leaning towards Shaman as a buffbot on the Mage account. A friend suggested a Bard for the Pally account. But I'm not sure about the Bard. I use the Plugins and RGMercs I know knowing what other toons I have would help. I have about everything. at least 3 full groups of 120s a broad mix. Although I do only have on Zerker. And I have one Wizard on an extra account. Everything else I have a couple of. I have more than 3 groups actually. So 2 maybe 3 if I added to the Wizard account but 2 toons for sure. Thanks in advance everyone.

I am personally not a fan of having multiple (functioning) toons on the same account outside of a few very niche cases

I didn't really follow exactly what you were trying to do.
just trying to figure out what 2 heroics to create on existing accounts?

well. what needs do you have to fill with 2 heroics on existing accounts?

Note exactly related, but can Heroic upgrades (purchased) be moved/transferred to another account? Seriously considering boxing a Red group;). Sorry if previously answered, a bit rushed ATM for searching.

I am personally not a fan of having multiple (functioning) toons on the same account outside of a few very niche cases

I don't have any real needs. But I have 2 Heroic toons to burn. I thought Shaman as a buffbot. then either Zerker or someone said Bard. But I use the plugins or RGMercs I'm not sure a Bard would benefit me that much. I don't know. I don't have a Bard. I have like 3 -5 toons per account. I just built it that way. Not sure why exactly.

Hmm, seems a sad way to treat customers. And I was gonna get 2-5 new accounts to set up, if they would transfer some to the new accts. I've been a gold/all access account since 03/99 (24.6) played years. And stayed current/subscribed even during time away; severe stroke and botched spinal-cord surgery (bed-bound; paraplegia and lost use of left hand; mouse-hand). Currently: Mage, Shadow knight, Paly, Beastlord, Monk, Berserker, Druid, Shaman, Baz-hoe Druid. Next month (need the 500) It'll make 5 Heroic 100 Characters. What's truly a shit is when I decided to try playing again I bumped them all to 85 Heroic. Some have never even logged in as the H85 (changed main couple times). Very early there was also an Enchanter and Bard that didn't make the cut at the time. Never considered multi-accts till Red-recently.

Hmm, seems a sad way to treat customers. And I was gonna get 2-5 new accounts to set up, if they would transfer some to the new accts. I've been a gold/all access account since 03/99 (24.6) played years. And stayed current/subscribed even during time away; severe stroke and botched spinal-cord surgery (bed-bound; paraplegia and lost use of left hand; mouse-hand). Currently: Mage, Shadow knight, Paly, Beastlord, Monk, Berserker, Druid, Shaman, Baz-hoe Druid. Next month (need the 500) It'll make 5 Heroic 100 Characters. What's truly a shit is when I decided to try playing again I bumped them all to 85 Heroic. Some have never even logged in as the H85 (changed main couple times). Very early there was also an Enchanter and Bard that didn't make the cut at the time. Never considered multi-accts till Red-recently.
Naw you can swap from one server to another but you can not transfer from one account to another. I believe that when Sony had it you could do that for a price. But Daybroke wont do it

Naw you can swap from one server to another but you can not transfer from one account to another. I believe that when Sony had it you could do that for a price. But Daybroke wont do it

Char swaps were completely manual. No idea why but they are.

The big thing boils down to long term goals. my 85 heroics have become useless since I prefer to start with the new 100. Super easy to level and they have a nice amount of tradeskills done. This is just one of those things that I actually believe dev team on because its lost revenue. Many would pay for char transfers.

Char swaps were completely manual. No idea why but they are.

The big thing boils down to long term goals. my 85 heroics have become useless since I prefer to start with the new 100. Super easy to level and they have a nice amount of tradeskills done. This is just one of those things that I actually believe dev team on because its lost revenue. Many would pay for char transfers.
OK, then I'd pay, or hang it up I guess. Have paid way too much over the many years; cash, and suffered all the tech and dev grief. This may be the final straw. Sucks was looking forward to Red restart. Oh well

OK, then I'd pay, or hang it up I guess. Have paid way too much over the many years; cash, and suffered all the tech and dev grief. This may be the final straw. Sucks was looking forward to Red restart. Oh well

Nothing wrong with hanging it up. Personally I'd just pay but thats me. This isn't something I blame the devs for. it's apparently crazy manual intensive. IT was a fee based service that they didn't make money on. Should tell you plenty.

That's just it I would pay to do what I want. They just don't want my $$ now??

Which was sort of the latter part of my post. It costs them money because of how old the systems are.

BTW transfer cost was about the cost of heroic anyway (Think $35). So either way your pay is more or less same.

Ah, didn't know a trans was that expensive. Yup that does cause a rethinking on the whole. Still sucks, giving up a few Epics and other goodies to start again on separate accounts. Swallow 24 years wasted. Don't think I can do it. Need to make a final post on 'paws forum, won't change anything but I'll feel better spouting off.

I like to have 3-4 Max functional toons on each of my accounts. That way I can mix and match. I don't have any real need. But I do have the 2 Heroics. I thought a Shaman on a DPS account as a Buffbot. Someone suggested a Bard for the Other. But I wouldn't run a Bard manually. Since I prefer the plugins and RGMercs I was thinking maybe a 2nd Berserker on the Pally, Monk account. Is a Bard worth it? I don't have a NEED, so I'm really hoping to get an idea for these Heroic retreads.

Nothing wrong with hanging it up. Personally I'd just pay but thats me. This isn't something I blame the devs for. it's apparently crazy manual intensive. IT was a fee based service that they didn't make money on. Should tell you plenty.

Honestly, smells more like simple laziness and maybe some hard feelings about boxers too. Can't believe a pay-to-play outfit like Paws don't want to add some paying scriber accts, and bonus bucks for moving some chars from my acct to my new ones. I'm the one getting rear-ended. sigh

Honestly, smells more like simple laziness and maybe some hard feelings about boxers too. Can't believe a pay-to-play outfit like Paws don't want to add some paying scriber accts, and bonus bucks for moving some chars from my acct to my new ones. I'm the one getting rear-ended. sigh

It’s requested all the time on the forum. Devs across multiple owners have explained it’s intensive. If the company could make money on it they would do it simple as that.

Honestly it’s requested so much I wish they would just bring it back for $200 a transfer. Then maybe people would drop it.

Discussion - Adding New Toons To My Crew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back