• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned! (2 Viewers)

Re: Accounts suspended/locked on 6/30/2016, possibly for cheap TBM keys

I am guessing that Daybreak and Steam agreement was not on 30 day cycle but more like 90 day cycle.

Steam tells DBG, hey bro these purchases are all fraudulent what are you going to do about that?

DBG sits on its ass for a while then says, you know what ban them all and let God sort it out. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnaud_Amalric

Still I do not see why they did not ban any of these keys earlier but waited to ban all at once unless they think that there are too many players...

yeah to ban them all in 1 shot would mean 1 Credit card was used for the whole thing? really...

"Hey Hon, whats the $387,412 charge on our Visa card to Steam about?" Beats me, call the bank and report it...
Not very likely..

Same here, bought 3 tbm code and my 3 vet ( 14yo ) accounts banned...

Just want to cry...

Re: Banned for heroic codes, this is the guy I bought from

Appears i also have lost 12 accounts with this mass ban wave. Needless say ill never buy another code for daybreak. Lost my entire ragefire team to this nonsense.

Nothing makes me sadder than this moment, I have grown up with this game, and this company since I was 12. But if my old friend is going to start encouraging RMT via Kronos, then stealing people's money, rather than trying to fix a widespread problem (of their causing), then it's time for you to go.

I lit them up on facebook, and almost included this diddy as well, but unfortunately while I do believe it would be the most effective way to hurt them, due to my RL occupation, I can't say such things.

If anyone else who isn't in this industry wants to take anything from this post I prepared and use it for yourself have at it.

I am considering contacting my card issuer to put out a fraud notice in regards to DBG, as you have scammed 100s out of legitimately paid for subscription time. This will restrict any payment processor in their large network from processing a payment to your company without the customer first having to call. Our arbitration agreement doesn't apply to OUR card issuer (or your payment processor). I lost many a friend today to this, and while I didn't buy any of these codes for my accounts, I know the people I am guilded with did not do so under any intention of defrauding daybreak. They simply thought there was a sale of beta keys or the like (which happens routinely enough for it to be considered a "reasonable" assumption).

You have an opportunity to make this right. Obviously you have a list of people who acquired these codes, so reach out and give them a chance to purchase the expansion at full price (even though they were defrauded as well).

If not, you should keep in mind that if accounts have large amounts of subscription time paid in advance, and you absorb that into your bottom line, you may end up with problems from FINCEN (ask legal or your bank about them). Once they get ahold of you, no bank will touch you. Given your parent company was/is involved heavily with the unregulated currency market, I would think they are the last people you want taking a keen look at you.

Just remember, when your payment processor starts getting charge backs from those people you just scammed, they really will have no choice but to act.

I bought 1 account tbm, and 2 others heroic characters. All 3 of those accounts are banned all 15-16 year old accounts. I really hope there is someway to fix this shit

Appears my 12 accounts lost was from the tbm keys purchased on said accounts. Which also doubled as my ragefire team. Needless say im on a hunting spree for said tbm code seller ill dox his life and become his life. I am not a happy camper justice will be served. Why cant people just be honest i mean damn.
Not only did i lose 12 accounts but one those accounts was a mule account holding 148 million plat and 89 krono..... This hit me hard and where it hurt!
- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side they have always been willing reverse the chargeback if its paid in full. I find this to be another daybreak cash cow before closing up. Just think thousand of members were to have to pay back the chargebacks would be soo much money for them in one run.

My question at this point is, are there more bans to come?

I think they are done. Looks like they may have just scrub any keys used and just issued ban. Even unused key that I bought are no longer valid

I am sure there is a lot more to come. Just to be safe i just offloaded all my stock to one bran new blank account to wait it out and see. This is beyond rediculous i hate scammers i just do not understand how people can live with them selfs fucking people with no lube. My last ban wave came not even 2 hours ago which is a lot more recent then most showing 2 am est time mine came at about 6 am. I think they are still on it.

+1 for bit by this mess...

probably lost out on ~12 accounts.

one from April 2000 that I first started this game with.

They didn't delete them, I have been banned for transferring a large amount of kronos between accounts before and when I tried to login to daybreaks website I got "Wrong Username/Password" error too. Fret not, your accounts are still there.

Thanks Lurk! Gives us hope!

Lost my account for same. Needless to say he was using stolen credit cards.

A thought popped into my head that this could be a slimey cash grab by dbg. I know it's probably far fetched but how hard would it for someone with a stake in dbg and the ability to generate codes to sell 1000s of account codes, make the "decision" to ban all the accounts THEN offer to reinstate if the people pay them the full price (assuming that's a solution they offer)? I'm hoping someone has initiated a criminal case regarding this, so, at the very least it can be proven that there were indeed chargebacks to dbg.

Thanks Red will be sharing the article everywhere I can just so it gets out. Pressure comes in many forms and this is one of them.

Lost 2 accounts so far....both had cheap tbm keys one bought recently and the other bought months ago. But added the warriors bundle to both in the last two weeks bought from that Heymilan guy on PA

A thought popped into my head that this could be a slimey cash grab by dbg. I know it's probably far fetched but how hard would it for someone with a stake in dbg and the ability to generate codes to sell 1000s of account codes, make the "decision" to ban all the accounts THEN offer to reinstate if the people pay them the full price (assuming that's a solution they offer)? I'm hoping someone has initiated a criminal case regarding this, so, at the very least it can be proven that there were indeed chargebacks to dbg.

lets not forget how they are also spawning plat to buy up Krono to remove from the game so players are forced to spend RL cash on them. Add that to the list.

Plus they would also keep the money recieved from the items sold.

Im getting "Wrong Username or Password" on my top main account - Cant log into the website...... However - Just tried it on the launcher and got into the account!
Did they goof?

5 account baned because buy code or account in forum

I was lucky because all my account are always in use, and they have not kick you account offline during this mass ban.
Which save me about 500 krono gears lose, I give those account almost full set of TBM raid gears.

But still lost 200USD for buy code and account in forum, and lost lot of anniversary which can only get in next years.:(

105 bard with 8995AA baned for TBM and Hero's Calling Bundle code from HouseOfX.
Cost 4 krono for code, 2 krono for gold account, 45 days for play.

rest 4 account are baned for TBM+hero account from RedQueen.
Cost me 100 USD for account, 4 krono for gold account, almost 30 days for paly.

105 clr with 9150AA.
102 wiz with 8257AA.
101 war with 7722AA.
90 shm.

Do we open trouble tickets per their instructions? Or try and wait this out?

Last night I could still access my accounts on the daybreak web - today I can not. The hyperlink tells to use another account to send in petitions

Im getting "Wrong Username or Password" on my top main account - Cant log into the website...... However - Just tried it on the launcher and got into the account!
Did they goof?

Same here Coinstop - have accounts which I can log into game with still without problems. All of them had original TBM codes purchased from Daybreak and annual memberships through Daybreak. Can log into the game without error on them but not the Everquest site or forums.

I'm normally don't think of conspiracies but does seem like an attempt to stop comments while trying to figure out WTF to do...

Same here Coinstop - have accounts which I can log into game with still without problems. All of them had original TBM codes purchased from Daybreak and annual memberships through Daybreak. Can log into the game without error on them but not the Everquest site or forums.

I'm normally don't think of conspiracies but does seem like an attempt to stop comments while trying to figure out WTF to do...

Thanks darkmax, Yeah this account that im on I purchased TBM the day of release on through DBG itself, all my other live server accounts (banned ones) I had used Gnome's keys on.
Really shitty move on their end to block us from making a squeek on the forums with our unbanned? accounts

My accounts I purchased cheap heroic characters from Player's Auctions are banned. So it's more than just TBM keys.

I still don't understand the point of having trad-able/gift-able krono/codes if there is no protection for the end user - Let alone any communication about it!

A systemwide e-mail stating there is an issue with tbm codes and mentioning there will be inquiries into accounts that recently purchase/received tbm codes would have been nice.

Buying / Gifting / Selling is literally part of their business model.

This sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another crazy shitty thing - SoE and I'm sure daybreak has an even-more-than-usual skeleton crew for the holiday weekend. We likely will get minimal communication/updates until middle of next week!

Gnomepuntz did not use the stolen cc's I would imagine. He bought he codes from another place cheaper and he was just reselling them here for a higher price.

I'm a surprised more people haven't learned this lesson, but if the price seems to good, there is probably a reason.

Greetings,

This is a notification from Daybreak Game Company.

We regret to inform you that the account name: xXx has been terminated due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:
Chargebacks

We do not take situations like this lightly and have ultimately made the decision to close this account. You may view the full Terms of Service here: https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

Thank you for your consideration,

Daybreak Games Support

Happened on an account that I purchased from someone on here.

None of my Accounts (10) have been banned but i haven't purchased TBM on any of the toons i have. But my home server appears to be very light this morning and this is the 1 topic of discussion.

Reminds me of the WOW RAF code days, knew this chinese girl who bought her RAF codes from chinese people for 57 cents then resold them for $10 each (you know cause RAF gave free 60 and one month gameplay), but the chinese were using some code generator to make them so they'd get caught eventually.

Daybreak's first tweet since the banwave:

[tweet]748882034626588672[/tweet]

Holly's first tweet since the banwave:

[tweet]748883450535436288[/tweet]

I guess it's not a big deal.

Gnomepuntz did not use the stolen cc's I would imagine. He bought he codes from another place cheaper and he was just reselling them here for a higher price.

I'm a surprised more people haven't learned this lesson, but if the price seems to good, there is probably a reason.

Too good to be true is purely subjective. Someone gave me 2 million PP for 1 krono that I paid $18.99 for, I was pretty pumped, coming back to the game with minimal plat. seemed too good to be true - but I was wrong, 1.6 - 2.0 seems to be the going rate on my server - again completely subjective.

Some people purchased from steam sales, some people purchased from DBG, some people traded a fair market value in goods or services for these. Again, this is part of the business model for DBG/SOE - being able to trade/gift/sell codes and Krono for in game items or other out of game currency, be it $ or mowing someone's lawn.

This victim blaming attitude doesn't help anyone - it doesn't help our community, it doesn't help the everquest community, and I don't even think it helps DBG - who it seems is also a victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck - signed up on DBG Forums to post - says I have insufficient priv to post (this is on a clean, unbanned account)

Yup mine used the cheap keys as well and packs, hopefully they will just revoke the keys themselves and smack our hands for trying to save a buck...however, my question is who let the keys out in the first place? DBG? If so, shouldn't that "person's head roll instead of thousands of us who invested thousands up to now?

I think they are done. Looks like they may have just scrub any keys used and just issued ban. Even unused key that I bought are no longer valid

Its not just expansion codes though. Its Heroic Bundle codes which grant you the level 85 boost, I'm not really sure how you would go about reverting those backwards. What a mess.

Daybreak sells expansion codes, Heros Forge armor codes, and Heroic level 85 codes on Steam, all of which you can gift. This is major fucking mess by Daybreak. Even if the customer aquired it through a 3rd party payer. Its not the burden on the customer if you are going to go as so far as provide gift codes to gift to other players, that they should be responsible for the outcome unless you have some sorta verification in place as well. Everyone who bought a code assumed these codes were coming from Steam, its just this one guy that screwed over the whole customer base cause the credit card he used to buy them codes from on Steam is flagged. That's not on the rest of the customers if you start offering "gifting" without verification, thats on Daybreak or Steam.

Bans - Accounts suspended on 6/30/2016 for cheap TBM keys | update: unbanned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back