• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - AC you read in posts is all wrong.... (gotcha for returning players) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,376¢
So I've been struggling with the AC on my shadowknight. Reading posts on forums suggests my AC should be about 10k, yet it's only 3.5k or so in game, even though I have relatively decent AC augs in my castaway gear. Then I checked my Magelo, and it reported 9k ish... got me confused for a while, then read up that AC display in game has changed relatively recently, so the old numbers were much higher (and is what Magelo reports).

Anyway, just a FYI for returning players like me who get all angsty about their tanks gear!

Magelo still uses the old school way of doing ac. So it will register how it was done back in the day. It is still very viable source as you see someone with 30k ac or so you know instantly ok this person is top ac stat character. Best to check for most ac if checking for what augs to use. Despite it showing them at 25-30k ac on magelo even in game with new ac system they would be leading ac class just reverted new ac way.

Magelo still uses the old school way of doing ac. So it will register how it was done back in the day. It is still very viable source as you see someone with 30k ac or so you know instantly ok this person is top ac stat character. Best to check for most ac if checking for what augs to use. Despite it showing them at 25-30k ac on magelo even in game with new ac system they would be leading ac class just reverted new ac way.

Absolutely. The penny dropped when the only SK's with higher AC were in EOK gear already (@105). I can't afford conflag plat wise, and don't really want to pay for TBL until 'm ready to do at least some of the content in it.

Discussion - AC you read in posts is all wrong.... (gotcha for returning players)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back