• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

A Different MMO (1 Viewer)

Frost

RedCents
11¢
So I am a little bit interested in trying out an MMO different than WoW...I don't want to go back to that. In my opinion, I loved the game when it started but it changed too much...it wasn't any fun.

How is Warhammer? Lord of the Rings? Are there any other *big* (slighty, I guess, compared to WoW) name MMOs that are interesting right now? I read a little bit about Star Trek Online... Anyways, any suggestions?

Oh yeah, by the way, hi. :o

Hi Frost =)

From what i know Warhammer, LoTR are pretty dead, but I might be wrong.

Star Trek online I dont know

That is depressing :(

From reading a log of Star Trek Online, it doesn't seem that great. I have downloaded the Warhammer "unlimited" free trial or whatever, so I will try that later. I remember trying LotR before and not liking it at all.

I just want old WoW...1-60...when it was released, when everyone liked it...like 5 years ago.

WAR ja LOTRO dead. I was there, I left and they died.

Try Fallen Earth? They just had patch, opened new zone, added 1 more level. 46 lvl max.

Well I will try Warhammer. I'm not interested in a free to play as their overall quality is generally crap.

Is Redbema still around?

Hey Frost, good to see you around.

Yes, I am here.

I am exactly where you are at with WoW. I stopped playing some months ago and don't really have a desire to go back. In truth, I am waiting for Star Wars Online:The Old Republic. In the meantime, I am playing Lord of the Rings Online. I can tell you that it is not "dead."

In my opinion, Warhammer is going to be a lot like Warcraft. If you are anything like me, you probably want to change the pace up a little bit. For me, I narrowed it down to City of Heroes or Lord of the Rings. In the end, I chose Lotro because I couldn't remember my CoH login info, and they made it too difficult for me to retrieve it. I was hesitant because lotro was still a "fantasy" genre, when I really wanted to get out of that.

Anyways, I have found Warcraft to be like an ex-girlfriend that you really fell for. You had the best memories, but in the end, after the breakup, you cannot help but compare everything to her. Many times, you will never find the same kind of zeal that you had.

Lotro isn't dead by any means. It still has a great, mature, player base. The game itself is really fun as well. The graphics are amazing and it provides a wonderful dimension of play that I have not found in WoW, which is originality. I grew tired of looking like every other paladin in Azeroth. There is no uniqueness about the game. In Lotro, you can choose how you look, what armor you wear, and have your own house--all things that I thoroughly enjoy. The crafting professions are amazing too. I have really enjoyed it.

Anyways, good to see you back around.

That is slightly ironic, as I am essentially only looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic as well. Even though not very much is known about it...

I remember trying LotRO when it first launched and did not like it at all. It was bad enough for me to logout pretty quickly. Maybe I just had a bad first run.

Know any good games that are similar to 2029 Online? Looking for a decent story line that you can customize your character, adjust your skills and weapons/armor, quest and pvp. Preferably with no magic involved as i'm looking for something that doesn't fall under the typical fantasy category.

A Different MMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back