• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - 6th toon keeps crashing, /unload fixes it (1 Viewer)

RedCents
12,067¢
I just got around to patching up to the latest RedGuides Vanilla my extra group's computer and I'm having an issue with the 6th toon I load crashing out.

Same setup ran 6-7 toons no problem a couple weeks ago. Now when I load 6 characters, one will crash within half an hour. Once a toon crashes, the other 5 will be stable. Happened once on my Druid, but otherwise is always same Mage that I'm loading last.

The crash isn't related to KA or macros. Even if I stay AFK and don't start any macro, the toon will still crash after 2-10 minutes.
  • /unload on 6th toon = no crash
  • I got an error message on the first crash that said "Device failed." I've seen this before on a computer that had very weak graphics capabilities and I was trying to load too many toons. (Pre-EQWire plugin) No error message on later crashes.
  • I've updated to the latest MQ2EQWie and reloaded it on all toons.
  • I'm running super low graphic settings including stickfigures
Any other plugin or graphics changes in recent patch?

I had this EXACT problem for two weeks last month. I changed NOTHING besides installing a graphics driver update and it stopped... Nothing anyone suggested worked. RTX 2080 here if it matters. Also on that note. I'm not going to take the update it says is waiting. Lol

do a plugin list, im guessing its gonna be mq2fps, cpuload, or something around those lines. Since mq2main was updated with a new way to tell foreground vs background all plugins that used the old system needed to be updated, only one that I am aware of that was is eqwire. Just make sure you redownload it from the plugins area every patch.

Yes K11;, didnt start until after the last MQ update / EQ patch. I usually chalk it up to the occasional glitch but this is starting to happen every time, but only 1 character, random 1 out of the 6.

Crashed again...on the 5th toon but order I dont think is the issue. The classes that I think are crashing for me are using KissAssistVer=10.0.4.1.98

The crash happens when they do /mac kissassist and oddly enough not every time.

Log sent Eqmule

I just recently came back and having this issue where 1 or 2 of my clients would crash randomly every 5 to 10 mins thought at first it might be a memory issue.
But thankfully Saar's recommendation I looked at my plugins and unloaded mq2cpu and it's fixed.

All 6 toons running perfectly now.

Problem - 6th toon keeps crashing, /unload fixes it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back