• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - 6 months into EQ, looking to box (1 Viewer)

tillimont

RedCents
114¢
I started playing Everquest about 6 months ago, and stumbled on this site after watching a few tutorial videos.
I was hoping to try out MQ2. Any advise while starting this journey, would be great appropriated.

I started playing Everquest about 6 months ago, and stumbled on this site after watching a few tutorial videos.
I was hoping to try out MQ2. Any advise while starting this journey, would be great appropriated.

Redbot's and Sic's videos are a great primer. Also Almar has an excellent write up about boxing. It might be a bit dated now but the foundation is still sound. Here is the link:

Almar's Guides - Getting Started with Boxing In Everquest

Be well. Happy gaming.

Getting Started

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ addict!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Every path is unique to each player. When I started back up in 2020 after a 18+ year hiatus.
My first 2 weeks were just researching possible approaches on how to get started, eventually you learn, jumping in is the only way to go. I still had my old druid, during my absence my friend Heroic up my druid to 85th level.
  1. First thing I did was kill all the old Raid bosses, I raided back in 02, so all the old Luclin Raid. I hit a wall at SSRA
  2. Next, I started power leveling my group around my druid to assist in SSRA.
    1. This was a great opportunity to learn how to move my characters around, position them and just get used to controlling a group.
    2. Sic’s intro video changed everything for me Sic's Basic MQ2 Guide Video
  3. Around this point, I was hooked and wanted to do more old school raids with my team, during this period of time I found: Allakhazams Raid Progression Guide
    1. Doctor Nachoz videos library came in handy at this point, link to all playlist on Free to play all the way:
  4. Fine tuning was part of my process and learning what was important to me.
  5. Looting will be an issue, learn MQ2Autoloot and have 1 dedicated masterlooter.
    1. Download the ini
    2. Get to learn about character files and acronyms & EQ Settings, this is explained in Almars Guide
Airtable tables to help me along my way it is my ghetto database:
  1. Airtable: Zone Short-Names
  2. Airtable: Druid Kissassist.ini Builder
  3. Character Inventory List
EQ Settings:
  1. Jaburt.com: EverQuest Settings!
  2. Almar's Guides: EQ Client INI & Other Files
  3. Redguides: Advanced Looting System Item Filter Syntax Generator
Clickies and Old Items, Non-Prestige
  1. Rasper's Repository: Clicky Items
  2. Eqitems: Everquest Progression Server Info
  3. Everquest Forum: Coveted Clickies
  4. Everquest Forum: Required items for Warrior
  5. Reddit: Old clickies & auras worth farming?
  6. EQ Shadowknight Forum: Old clickies & auras worth farming?
Anniversary Items
  1. Everquest Forum: anniversary items that are must have?
  2. Redguides: What Anniversary Quests to do
Videos Tutorials
  1. Youtube: MQ2Nav - MeshGenerator Tutorial | BrokenRobot Games/ChatWithThisName
  2. Youtube: Library of Tutorials | Sic's Videos
  3. Youtube: Libary of Actual Play | Doctor Nachoz
  4. Youtube: Library of Tutorials | RedGuides Videos
Redguide Guides
  1. Redguides: All Redguide Guides
  2. Redguides: Dr. Whom Ph.D's Nostalgia Quest Guide
  3. Redguides: Maximizing Your MQ2 Experience
  4. Redguides: Useful commands/hotkeys to save time and trouble!
  5. Redguides: Sic's Hotkeys

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

Every path is unique to each player. When I started back up in 2020 after a 18+ year hiatus.
My first 2 weeks were just researching possible approaches on how to get started, eventually you learn, jumping in is the only way to go. I still had my old druid, during my absence my friend Heroic up my druid to 85th level.
  1. First thing I did was kill all the old Raid bosses, I raided back in 02, so all the old Luclin Raid. I hit a wall at SSRA
    1. This was a great opportunity to learn how to move my characters around, position them and just get used to controlling a group.
  3. Around this point, I was hooked and wanted to do more old school raids with my team, during this period of time I found: Allakhazams Raid Progression Guide
    1. Doctor Nachoz videos library came in handy at this point, link to all playlist on Free to play all the way:
  5. Looting will be an issue, learn MQ2Autoloot and have 1 dedicated masterlooter.
    1. Download the ini
    2. Get to learn about character files and acronyms & EQ Settings, this is explained in Almars Guide
EQ Settings:
Anniversary Items
Videos Tutorials
  1. Youtube: MQ2Nav - MeshGenerator Tutorial | BrokenRobot Games/ChatWithThisName
Redguide Guides
Gar, that is a beautiful write up !

@tillimont li Welcome back !!!!!!

1. Download the ini
EQ Settings:
Anniversary Items
Videos Tutorials
Redguide Guides
Very nice. As a returning player myself, these links are valuable!

IRL - 6 months into EQ, looking to box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back