• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 6 box group - caster composition (1 Viewer)

RedCents
820¢
Hi All,
My current group is WAR | CLR | BRD | ROG | MAG | WIZ.

I am thinking of going more caster heavy. Since I have BRD and ENCH on the same account, would it make sense to replace the Bard with the Enchanter? And if I do, that would leave my Rogue as sole melee dps without bard, so I guess I need to replace him as well?
The other four are set, so I'll definitely keep war,clr, mag & wiz.

Thanks for suggestions!

Hi All,
My current group is WAR | CLR | BRD | ROG | MAG | WIZ.

I am thinking of going more caster heavy. Since I have BRD and ENCH on the same account, would it make sense to replace the Bard with the Enchanter? And if I do, that would leave my Rogue as sole melee dps without bard, so I guess I need to replace him as well?
The other four are set, so I'll definitely keep war,clr, mag & wiz.

Thanks for suggestions!
playing what you are the happiest with is the best answer

outside of that i usually suggest pairing enc with casters and brd with melee

bard are stupid strong tho and fit well anywhere

double CC is overkill and waste of a slot for probably most/all group content

Play what is interesting. Playing what makes you happy, I find, isn't always what fits the bill. Sometimes, I genuinely compose a group because it sounds interesting. And that's it. Usually it goes down in flames in some way when I hit a point where i'm like "OH yeah!, That's why this won't work out long term" Or "Yeah this is too frustrating, lol". Challenging ourselves with stupid ideas for group composition makes for some serious entertainment. Although, I will admit, some combos get more petitions than others. :shrug:

Try messing with swapping the BRD for ENC and then the ROG for SHM or even a BST. I run ENC | MAG | WIZ | SHM as part of my group and they do well together.

When I run/ran my caster comp, typically I run Pal, Sham, Ench, Brd, Wiz, Mag... (the bard insults is nice still for wep swings from pet/PC, Aura for pets/swarms, and then have the ench for pulling/mez'ing/absorbs/etc... freeing up the bard for other things :) and you can use the similar song lineup from melee for caster and not really lose much...)... totally up to you though...

just my two cents.

Here is the caster group I created.

SK/CLR/ENC/MAG/WIZ/MAG

I love the double mage, but I've thought about swapping one mage for a Shaman for the buffs.

Hope you find the group combo you're looking for :)

My caster group is SK/DRU/ENC/MAG/MAG/SHA

The main reason I picked an ENC over a BARD was that I started the ENC before I started using MQ and it was much easier to control the ENC when I used IsBoxer.

I have since started a melee group which includes a BARD but I prefer to keep using my ENC with my caster group as it is hard to give up the boosts that my DRU gets from the ENC (I switched to using a DRU as mu main on raids)

My main caster group is SK/SHM/ENC/MAG/MAG/NEC. The Necro adds great adps and sustainability to the group, while maintaining high dps.

My secondary caster group for easy content I use, PAL, ENC, MAG(3), NEC. Paladin does a good job keeping the group healed.

I agree Necro for rogue would be good swap, and I love bards even with caster. My current favorite comp is pal-shm-brd-nec-mag-wiz. Has all buffs covered, 2 healers, battle rezzes, bard speed, double invis, solid CC, great dps, and ports. Haven't found any group content I can't smash through with that combo. I prefer caster groups because they still pump out solid dps even while silver. So I typically only keep my tank account subbed the full year. The other 5 I krono the first month of the xpac to max AAs then they do just fine in non-prestige gear for the next 11 months.

Question - 6 box group - caster composition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back