• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 3x Ranger vrs 3x Zerker (1 Viewer)

lordsmak1

RedCents
23¢
Wanting to run a box group.
Warrior - 110 already pretty beefy - a lot of TBL raid gear / weapons Max AA
Cleric - lvl 85 heroic (just created)
Bard - 110 - RoS raid gear, TBL group weapons, epic 2.0
I have a 115 Raid ranger - (also have 2 85 heroic rangers on other accounts)
I have a 110 Shaman - TBL t2 groupable gear

I know it is used SK/Cleric/Bard/3x Zerker for alliance and heavy dps but was curious if Warrior/Cleric/Bard/3x Ranger & alliance is any better or worst? I dont mind starting from scratch, just curious on peoples opinions now that ToV is out and what not. Just didnt want to waste heroic slots if the 3 rangers i have will do the same trick, and possibly better fashion?? I was askiing from the, Auspice rotation, Fang, Guardian of the forest, Outryders synerger III proc, the duration of Pureshot disc, and or Reflexive Nettlespears disc.. Plus the buffs/ heal ability ...does none of that matter or compare to the Zerker 3x dps?

Thanks

I did SK CLR BRD 3xBER through TBL and it worked great. I have since put my SHM back in for one of the BER. Mobs die a little slower but I almost never die now and for me less downtime is faster.

Thank you all. I am going to play around with it. I think I will start off with the berserk and sub in the shaman once I am comfortable. Or if I am dying a lot at the get go, I will swap the dps for the shaman. Either or, it gives me a good starting point. I appreciate it.

Sincerely,
-R

I did SK CLR BRD 3xBER through TBL and it worked great. I have since put my SHM back in for one of the BER. Mobs die a little slower but I almost never die now and for me less downtime is faster.

Saffron,
My BL actually spot heals pretty darn well if the cleric is bogged up a little, adds a ton of DPS .regens , dicho , offtank etc.

SK, CL, BL, Zerk, Zerk and I actually use a chanter instead of Bard but sub in bard sometimes... Sounds odd, but the Chanter CC is far superior then a bard so , BL + Chanter I like better then Shammy /Bard as I pull more mobs back to camp and the Buffs from chanter and auras, pet , dots etc off set alot of the bards bonus.

Overall its tit for tat, but if folks dont like bard /shammy option ,, the BL/ Chanter works great also.

SK / SHM / BRD / BST / Zerk / Ranger .... I incinerate mobs. It’s not even funny how fast they die. The ranger has pretty much everything you can imagine, including an Ascending Sun Bow, and ALWAYS falls short of the Zerker which wields a T1 TBL weapon, often doing just half the damage that the zerker does. I can’t imagine 3x Ranger would be better than 3x Zerk or 1x BST / BER / RNG.

Also, you shouldn’t need a cleric and a shaman if you have a raid geared warrior or an awesome group-geared SK. I was able to very easily do all ToV missions immediately upon expansion launch with just a shaman healer + very well geared SK tank.

Dump the shammy and add the zerker. With the cleric, you have the bard for slows. Use the shammy in the 2nd box group you will end up creating!

Question - 3x Ranger vrs 3x Zerker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back