• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - 20 years away from EQ and completely new to MQ. (1 Viewer)

Kilgref

RedCents
190¢
Took me about 2-3hrs of fiddling around to actually get MQ2 working. Now at the command list it seems moderately overwhelming. Is it recommended I just mess with the commands until I figure it out? Usually a solid way to go.

i am not a computer guy, but so many guides on this site and so many cool people willing to help makes this an awesome community... definately noobie friendly! Welcome!

The vids are really the best way to go. I recommend pausing often and just going through them one by one, binge watching them and then trying to remember what the instructions were (like I did) is a terrible mistake and will just lead to frustration.

welcome cabin boy GIF

Certainly appreciate everybody's feedback. A nice rest to reflect on what I learned and then a short application of the commands to social macros and we are rolling. Thanks ^^

There are macros that are more complex than others and require more effort to set up.
My feeling is rgmerc might be a good starting point, because it will mostly work without any configuration.

Happy Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

I had taken a long break, came back and EQ alone had a lot of changes, the walk throughs are nice, not everything is answered, but it's enough to be dangerous LOL... that said, I definitely found that learning and refining the INI taught me the most; experiment here, ask a question here, apply it there, seemed to teach me the most about it... I really enjoyed the older INI websites that walked me through (though I believe some are out of date or whatnot... they still were a really great place to learn a basic knowledge)

Still one of my favorites for learning and quick reference, if there's better, I am unaware... another one I liked for / macro commands was

Just a couple nuggets that help me sort it out... and then again, asking questions of the community here @ RG has been HUGE!

Good Luck and Welcome Back!

Just my two [red] cents!

Discussion - 20 years away from EQ and completely new to MQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back