• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - 110-115? where should i gooooo (1 Viewer)

Pantharo

RedCents
114¢
Hey all! looking for some ideas on where to take my group to get from 110-115!! im in Lceanium right now still, killing spiders, who are giving.... .03 xp per kill... id LOOOVE to step that up a bit!!! Any ideas? looking for an outdoor zone that i can pull in! My group comp is as follows...

115 Shaman (been using his take Merc today)
110 Warrior (tanks when not using Merc)
110 Monk
110 Mage
110 Bard
110 Chanter (currently sidelined for merc tank)

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Bonus points if you have a screenshot of a map with a mark of where you think a good place to set up base is!!!

Thanks all!!

I would go to the search bar in the upper right corner 😀 sorry just had to.

I bypassed Lcea and went to FM - easier mobs and ok exp. I would also make sure you throw in the daily HA from Clayton Teek. Nice little bump at the end if you activate lesson.

Of course run Overseer

If you’re looking for exp for 110-115 you’re going to have a bad time just grinding mobs. ToV exp rates seemed specifically Mary so people did the ToV progression to level. If you start at 110.5-111 and do all the mercenary, partisan and heroic achievements, you’ll hit 115 easily.

If you are really dead set on grinding the levels, hit up Sathir’s until 112ish and then move to EW and then GD. In GD all the way south and just west of the river is a good spot to get easy pulls.

On a couple of mine I literally went from 110 to 115 doing nothing but overseer. A lot less annoying than grinding mobs and as I didn't have time to watch them while I was leveling at that time much safer to let the overseer macro handle it while I was parking in guild hall

Hey all! looking for some ideas on where to take my group to get from 110-115!! im in Lceanium right now still, killing spiders, who are giving.... .03 xp per kill... id LOOOVE to step that up a bit!!! Any ideas? looking for an outdoor zone that i can pull in! My group comp is as follows...

110 Monk
110 Mage
110 Bard

Any input would be greatly appreciated, Bonus points if you have a screenshot of a map with a mark of where you think a good place to set up base is!!!

Thanks all!!
Great Divide Restless Assaut mission. Kill the wurms, drop the mission and restart. Don't actually do the mission Just farm wurms. Very boring but EXP is great.
Or as someone already said TV progression Merc and Partisan quest are good exp.

Best xp-TOV progression for sure.
Easiest-Overseer slow but steady.
Mind Numbing-grinding but will get you upgrades, collections and acquainted with the land.
Mixed-all together will be a winning combo.

Find what makes you happy and do those. There is no finish line in EQ from what I’ve seen anyways.

110 Monk
110 Mage
110 Bard

Thanks all!!
One more suggestion Try out MQ2Grind, Most all my toons use CWTN plugins and I run MQ2grind when I need AA for Glyph and things. Or to level a new toon

I find grinding in EW is steady and if you grab a namer camp the namers give a nice chunk of exp. I assume your shm merc is putting your warrior to shame and that is the reason you use him? I see you have bard and enc, make sure you fiddle with the .ini's so you are not mezzing over each other and wasting mana. The fights in EW are longish compared to what you are used to so having to stop and med b/c your toons waste mana is annoying.

If you are not ready for ToV yet and just want fairly safe exp then I would say FM is your best bet. Just camp at one of the sarnak forts and prepare for the mind numbing slaughter of sarnaks.

I am currently working on an enc on my bard account and I just have him camped in EW and I log him in to pop lotd then camp him out because doing that too is boring. I only get exp on 2 toons and its not because they are max AA's but rather because if I go gold and my wife finds out, let's just say I would be wearing a hand print.

TOV progression without a doubt. If you haven't already TA the missions (or if you are just that good), you can advance substantially. Make sure you save LOTD or use a good xp potion before the chest is open. Doing all the TOV quests and that will easily carry you to 113-114, or more. You can also do TBL progression / missions. Or you can just suffer and crank out orcs.

TOV progression without a doubt. If you haven't already TA the missions (or if you are just that good), you can advance substantially. Make sure you save LOTD or use a good xp potion before the chest is open. Doing all the TOV quests and that will easily carry you to 113-114, or more. You can also do TBL progression / missions. Or you can just suffer and crank out orcs.
I hit 114.5 and I still have to do the CC and mine missions. It’s crazy exp when you use LOTD correctly.

110 Monk
110 Mage
110 Bard

Thanks all!!
Lots of good ideas…if you want to grind it out…
- Droga
- Sathir’s Tomb…in his room
- if you’re feeling adventurous and want the bard items…velketors…camp at back wall and try to meep bottom floor cleared. You’ll need a good tank, high dps, and a cleric for sure

I actually did a lot of 110-113 using MQ2Grind flipping GMM instances. I did it when there was bonus exp active, and used Lessons, but the exp was safe and steady. Got a ton of exp and AA and allowed time for my characters to catch up to each other before tackling ToV. If you are undergeared you can also complete the mission occasionally for drops / chance at Aug. Gorowyn and Sathir's Tomb are also good options if you aren't ready for ToV yet. Gorowyn has a few tank Augs you'd likely put to good use if you haven't done TBL / ToV.

and if you want something that's barely one step up from Lceanium in difficulty, check out Chardok. There are some good Augs there too, and its a fun zone to move around in. Not sure what exp would be like post 110, but if you've been in Lceanium I figure it will beat that exp.

Edit: Kor-Sha is much like Chardok. Few Augs you can camp to get you ready for RoS/TBL/ToV, and its a pretty zone. Most of the outdoor ToV zones are awful on the eyes, so I'd stick with the warm colors until I had to move to the frozen wasteland.

Gorowyn is great for easy type 5 augs as they drop off trash. Farm earthlove in the house, not too hard.

I like OT on the line to FM, and GD.

But im no expert.

ive always liked gorowyn from 107 to 112 then EW partisan/merc then GD part/merc then grind the 4 missions and u should be 114.5 or 115

What gear level of tank would you need for that grind? My 115 Sk in full Snowbound (tov t1 armor) and full IE non-vis (except for a few luclin chase piece) was getting munched (well, he get munched by anything that is more then 1 mob
Do you have CC?

What gear level of tank would you need for that grind? My 115 Sk in full Snowbound (tov t1 armor) and full IE non-vis (except for a few luclin chase piece) was getting munched (well, he get munched by anything that is more then 1 mob
Perhaps test out running GMM as well.

I have a 116 war in ToL t1 that can handle 2 at a time but grind ends up pulling up to 4 at a time on some runs and the party doesn't have time to help before he's dead then the party wipes. At 115 in tov t1 I also got crunched with more than 1.

Basically, I just have to babysit grind (as intended) so I can do corpse runs here and there. It should get easier with more levels I guess.

The alternative is not using grind and just running it myself using cc to pull singles. That would make survival easy mode.

I have a 116 war in ToL t1 that can handle 2 at a time but grind ends up pulling up to 4 at a time on some runs and the party doesn't have time to help before he's dead then the party wipes. At 115 in tov t1 I also got crunched with more than 1.

Basically, I just have to babysit grind (as intended) so I can do corpse runs here and there. It should get easier with more levels I guess.

The alternative is not using grind and just running it myself using cc to pull singles. That would make survival easy mode.
Are any of you using Sword and Board? CC? I did Restless Assault grind from 111-120. A couple of deaths only, but on my SHD, I used 1hander and Shield. Took no chances and used Bard for mez.

Are any of you using Sword and Board? CC? I did Restless Assault grind from 111-120. A couple of deaths only, but on my SHD, I used 1hander and Shield. Took no chances and used Bard for mez.
Sword and board, bard cc. AAs are where I bet the difference is they're mostly autogrant. Bard doesn't really have a chance to mez when he pulls 4.

Edit: Oh, and he can survive 4 sometimes when I use 114 clr instead of 115 shm.

Last edited:
Sword and board, bard cc. AAs are where I bet the difference is they're mostly autogrant. Bard doesn't really have a chance to mez when he pulls 4.

Try ROS dungeons, great exp. Quiet, doable at 105 w/ conflagrant, should be a breeze with TOV snowbound

What are your bard mez settings set at? There are only three spots in that grind where multiples can get out of control. Spot 3, can net you 5, but usually only 3. Spot 16? Taking a guess here, but it is near there. And 21 I think. I turned off extended notes or whatever and that helped. I also put it in safe mode and was out early.

What are your bard mez settings set at? There are only three spots in that grind where multiples can get out of control. Spot 3, can net you 5, but usually only 3. Spot 16? Taking a guess here, but it is near there. And 21 I think. I turned off extended notes or whatever and that helped. I also put it in safe mode and was out early.
That sounds about right. It's towards the middle. I'd have to run it when I get home tonight to know the location number. I'm running rg mercs on the bard. I'd have to figure out how to turn extended notes off. The only thing I've done so far is made it cast aoe mez with 2+ it seems to work better that way and I don't know why.

I think I need to learn how to use safe mode. Sounds like the solution for me.

I don't know about the other guy. GMM worked for me til they went light blue.

Just incase anyone looks back at this, during the recent 4th of july bonus xp (76 percent cuz AMERICA!) i did all 4 missions for ToV for 110/99percent toons and got them to 114 with just that and none of the other progression in ToV so you could easily knock out some of the easier partisan and merc quests to get 115 very easily

I did a lot of grinding in Stratos. You have to be able to handle the ae from the occasional namer, or be able to position it using your tank or funny pet tricks. I find this was really useful for the spell drops in addition to the gear, power sources, type 13 augs, and t1 armor if you don't have tov t1 already sorted.

Question - 110-115? where should i gooooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back