• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Unlimited bag duping in EQ1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamlord

RedCents
10¢
NERFED Patch 8-09-2007 killed this exploit

ATTENTION SOE knows about this exploit and GM is watching closely for this. You try duping bags at your own risk!! Some accounts have been kicked out for this.

PS forgot to mention. if this pans out I would like EQ1 section. This exploit is for EQ1 anyhow.

I've submitted this through the subscription forum (under my different email address) but in case I messed something up, I'm reposting it.

For a month or so, SOE had a bug with merchants where they would refuse to buy any containers from you if the vendor has 1 in inventory. I noticed that each time the sale was refused, the inventory count magically incremented by 1.

This is confirmed post July 31 patch.

I did a little test by taking 2x Tae Ew Hide Sack as it's valued at about 50k each in bazaar and used out of way vendor to sell. The vendor accepted the first one without a hitch but as expected, refused to buy any more bags yet the vendor inventory increased at each sell attempt.

For this, you need 2 identical bags (not token) and obviously not LORE. Also the bag needs to have merchant value attached to sell, and finally some extra plats to buy back duped bags. I strongly suggest an out of way vendor to minimize accidental discovery. I used a vendor in Shadowhaven as they were on faction and most players can't deal with them. Oh yeah make sure the vendor is not full of junk, that'd signal active vendor.

Select the first bag in your inventory, click on sell. The first one should appear in the vendor's window. Then click on the second bag and click on sell. Vendor will refuse but the vendor window will show 2 bags. Click on bag again, click on sell, repeat.

duped_tae_ew.jpg

The Tae Ew Hide bag is very uncommon as it requires rare ingredient to make. I almost never see more than 3 in bazaar at any time yet the vendor I used for duping has a lot more.

In a span of about 30 minutes including time to go back to bazaar, convert duped bags to tokens, bank them, I walked away with a total of over 40 bags. That is easy over 2 million plats if they all sell.

A word of advice: don't get too greedy when selling them. 2 or 3 in trader is OK, 10 in traders would raise eye brows, and 80 in a single trader would have players screaming hacks and exploits.

This duping bug worked with both Tae Ew Hide bag and with Leatherfoot Haversack (worth about 5k to 7k each in bazaar) and should work with other container type as well. AAAA still goes for over 150k and with this trick, easy money with no farming or lots of tradeskilling to do.

Once again, don't be greedy. This bug only works on non lore containers as you need 2, and on containers with merchant value attached to it. A "No trade" container will not work.

Someone did post a complaint about this bug on EQ Live forum so once SOE realizes this bug can be exploited on rare or valuable bags, expect fast nerfing. I found the post in the history as it's no longer search-able: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=15&topic_id=114754#1629094 so it has been moved and hidden.

Last edited:
i believe this was patched for the EQPlayers "update" but they were fixing this ... but im not 100%

Just verified this - good find. I feel the nerf-bat coming quickly (can anyone say emergency patch time). I was going to try it with the Tinkerers bag, but the sell value was like 4k pp, so I figured the expense would make it a bit harder. Whereas the Leatherfoot bag had a 1g and some silver price point, so much easier to use.

Tinker bag is not too practical. The only benefit of duping tinker bag is #1 you avoid the long trip to Sol A while carrying loads of plats, #2 pray you don't take 200k fall or #3 are kos to gnomes. I know a few players have used gate and secondary recall to travel between bank and the npc to save the trouble but not all gets secondary recall.

I do agree nerf bat is coming and probably going to be soon.

Very nice. Now I need to hurry up and get enough plat on my new server to buy a bag to start with lol.

If you are doing this with two players and you want to curb the chances of the merchant saying "Hello SoandSo, have you seen the new Leatherfoot Haversacks I've just got in", open the window to the merchant on both toons before doing any selling. Get the stock to 9 on the merchant, buy 8 with your mule, and buy one back on your main.

Worked with the AAAA. merchant charges a lot for the buy back so carry a lot of plats to buy the load back.

@hairpin- good suggestion will keep in mind.

If you duped AAAA for an hour and sell them all for around 175k each, that could be worth around 15 million plats for 1 hour of work. With plats going about $8 per 100k, that could be around $1,200. HA 1 hour and you could make more than what someone makes in 1 month flipping McBurger.

yeah cept u cant sell em all in an hour...

but anyway, what are the chances from being banned by doing this? or investigated, gotta say my account doesnt have a clean run log (gotta love warping) and i did this on there...

Well, they already know, so who can say what the chances of getting banned are. It's up to them.

If all my bags disappear, I want my 100k back for the Tae Ew Hide Sacks I bought from the other bag duper :D

Lichd2 said:
yeah cept u cant sell em all in an hour...

but anyway, what are the chances from being banned by doing this? or investigated, gotta say my account doesnt have a clean run log (gotta love warping) and i did this on there...

I doubt they will ban over this, you could be looking at a roll back though.

So I suggest you buy up expensive items, drop them on the ground pick them up with another toon, then transfer it to another toon:D.

Jigs21 said:
I doubt they will ban over this, you could be looking at a roll back though.

So I suggest you buy up expensive items, drop them on the ground pick them up with another toon, then transfer it to another toon:D.
ah but jigs, atm i am warping :) think they will check warp logs? lol.

They could, although I doubt it. They would use a specific search on your activities dealing with bags and turning in tokens.

It definately works, but is more costly than buying containers back. Was trying this with one of my alts in shadowhaven. All I had were dyed handmade backpacks on me. When I clicked to "sale" for my eighth and final bag, the vendor despawned and GM popped up in his place. Needless to say, they are already watching this and closely. After I brief lecturing, I was informed that my account would be suspended until they could decide how best to punish me. Go figure.

Blitzy said:
It definately works, but is more costly than buying containers back. Was trying this with one of my alts in shadowhaven. All I had were dyed handmade backpacks on me. When I clicked to "sale" for my eighth and final bag, the vendor despawned and GM popped up in his place. Needless to say, they are already watching this and closely. After I brief lecturing, I was informed that my account would be suspended until they could decide how best to punish me. Go figure.
im actually sorry for your loss, but this just made me LOL

"the vendor despawned and GM popped up in his place. "

its like puttin the quarter in and watching it go round and round lol..

aamlord said:
Worked with the AAAA. merchant charges a lot for the buy back so carry a lot of plats to buy the load back.

@hairpin- good suggestion will keep in mind.

If you duped AAAA for an hour and sell them all for around 175k each, that could be worth around 15 million plats for 1 hour of work. With plats going about $8 per 100k, that could be around $1,200. HA 1 hour and you could make more than what someone makes in 1 month flipping McBurger.

It's an exploit, and you go overboard. Sometimes you have to take a little to stay under the radar to stay safe. You're like flying a Stealth Bomber 1,000 ft in the air. Someone's going to notice you.

Marburyisgod said:
It's an exploit, and you go overboard. Sometimes you have to take a little to stay under the radar to stay safe. You're like flying a Stealth Bomber 1,000 ft in the air. Someone's going to notice you.
alls they will do is check all the caerlyna logs prolly, across all servers, and if they see that you bought bags from merchants that dont usually sell those bags, they will catch you, no matter how many u buy..

Getting caught was actually funny as hell the way it happened. Luckily was just an account that only has traders on it and they didnt much on them anyway. Wonder how long it takes for them to decide whether they are just gonna suspend me, roll back or ban. Highest toon on that account is 15, so wont matter either way.

Well, if I get away with this, I got 214 AAAA's. Left me with a mere 22K in bank after buying them back. gawd it sucks being broke again :P
I did not tokenize them. I just sold them to vendor in a zone no one ever shops from, shar val and made 14 new shamans. If I get rewound, lol. I am back to where I started, if not. I can make millions :)

don't you ever wonder if this shit happens for a reason?
like it was purposely left in there for someone, but a hacker or "civilian" finds it by accident.
whoops, we've been found, break out the banstick and rewind button.

duping 214 of them........ wow you should just send SOE a big flag saying HEY NERF THIS I"M ABUSING THE SHIT OUT OF IT.

sorry , i see now why people don't post these things.

I have not seen any GM or received any /tells so I may have been early enough to be under the radar. But I can't check for rollback as Maelin took a weird crash about half hour ago and while I can log to char select screen, no one has been able to log into any zone other than GH. Nice thread on this over on EQ Live forum.

this used to work on druzzil ro but just tried again in shadow haven at 3 different merchants including the one in the screenshot at the op. with just a handmade backpack and it wasn't working so nerfed on druzzil?? but was fun for a while. :rolleyes: :drink

still good for me, and guarnteed to keep em, using a method of untrackable xfering. that is even including rollbacks lol.

but, if they decide to POOF all bags.. then well we're fucked but i highly doubt they will do that, too many legits. I am guessing rollbacks, which will be even more enriching for me....

Unlimited bag duping in EQ1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back