• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Unlimited bag duping in EQ1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some guild members came forward with Pandari's IP address, I checked Redguides and Got an MMOBugs mod to check mmobugs and no matches.

Class C...no matches

Class B...a couple matches.

Within his providers net block? 0 matches.

I've got a couple of other leads on it though and we are working them through.

This is not a bug. It's intended to get the cash flow going on the combine.
Hehe

I logged in on all servers. Goodie goodie tooshoes are watching the token lady like white on rice. Mainly in the form of low level toons within ear shot of her no doubt to make logs.

I really don't want to close this thread, so that being said please stay on topic.

We've got somebody on my server auctioning the Leatherfoot Haversack tokens for 3K when they normally go for between 5K and 7K. Talk about drawing attention to yourself.

batweed66 said:
Still working as of today, I wonder why the smackdown hasnt come yet?

Step one: SOE needs to find out where in the gazillion line of codes (some over 8 years old) this bug exists.

Step 2: SOE Dev team needs to create a fixed set of codes to stop this bug

Step 3: The Dev team need to test to codes themselves to make sure it works, eliminate the bug without causing problems.

Step 4: the revised code needs to pass QA department.

Step 5: set a patch time. They may skip the test server and fix the live server directly.

This process could take as much as a month, or longer if the bug was deemed low priority. Considering the valuable exploitable nature of this bug, I'd be willing to bet SOE is working fast as they can to plug it. Next patch date is due in a couple weeks with the long awaited DoN cultural recipes revamp.

SOE could always disable the ability to sell containers to vendor outright, like they did with Radiant/Ebon Crystals just after DoN was launched.

Ccomp5950 said:
Some guild members came forward with Pandari's IP address, I checked Redguides and Got an MMOBugs mod to check mmobugs and no matches.

Class C...no matches

Class B...a couple matches.

Within his providers net block? 0 matches.

I've got a couple of other leads on it though and we are working them through.

Its not pandari, its some girl that hates him.

Bloodcell said:
Its not pandari, its some girl that hates him.
you sure?

the person's writing style is an awful lot like pandari's.

I'll poke around some more later.

Last edited:
Banned on a crappy blank account =p, do not sell aaaa's cheap.. Gm's are checking for that.

got some other crap accounts suspended atm too.

Bloodcell said:
Banned on a crappy blank account =p, do not sell aaaa's cheap.. Gm's are checking for that.

got some other crap accounts suspended atm too.
did your real accounts get hit?

grog said:
did your real accounts get hit?

Nope, only accounts I duped on.

Accounts I moved plat I earned from duping where not hit.

Although I have another account that I duped on and it was not hit.

My blank account with just one mule char was only one to be banned =p

Though we're seeing this, don't think it serves a point to flame/vent in this thread.

Though not wise to live by it, ppl living by the motto "Greed is gold" will hurt this bug.

Yup, we're seeing some bad exploiting but that's the reality when things go out - as we've seen countless times with all tips, strategies, and cheats.

Myself, keeping low and just watching to see how this problem is going to be regulated. No way Sony can do huge rollbacks and keep the community alive. 10 peeps selling AAAAs competing against one another for prices is funny though =)

Moving on to the next strat /salute

There is always going to be patches, nerfs and even bans to the unlucky/retarded. Its just the name of the game, nomatter what what anyone says, a Hack is a Hack a Sploit is a Sploit and SOE is dedicated to fighting it just as we are dedicated to doing it. They patch, we hack, they patch again, we hack again till they close the server. They know the game will never end and anyone here with common sense knows it will never end.

Jigs21 said:
I really don't want to close this thread, so that being said please stay on topic.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY THEN DONT POST!

Yes, people are going to abuse things like this. Do I like it? No. But what can we do to prevent it? Nothing. So please get over it, and atleast now you know why certain things like ghostkill are not re released into the community.

the big winner is the no cheater customer price go low and bazu and last blood can drop like hell ) my guild dont drop last blood or bazu (

Normally on the server where I play there are just a handful of Leatherfoot Haversack tokens (if any) for sale at any one time and it is rare to see more than 2 or 3 traders selling them at the same time. This morning there are more than 60 Leatherfoot Haversack tokens for sale on 7 Bazaar traders on my server. One trader has over two dozen of them.

Folks, it's your decision what you do, but given how much time it takes to collect the materials needed to make even a few Leatherfoot Haversacks it seems to me that a trader who suddenly has over 2 dozen of them up for sale is really calling attention to himself. So is anybody with a significant quantity on the trader and who is significantly undercutting the normal price on the things.

Use your better judgement with this folks.

I even mentioned in the original post for any sellers not to be too greedy. Looks like some never read the whole thing or someone copied part of my post to other forum or even to auction sites and bazaar traders who didn't have an ounce of common sense would blatantly advertise it's duping habit by displaying an unrealistic number of containers or selling them at insanely low price.

I've seen more threads and posts removed on EQLive that makes reference to duping and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the blabbermouth(s) are talking because he/she wanted to bait other into duping for more banned accounts. There's even a new sticky advising people to report duping only via bug report or via PM to the moderators, never to post in public. I guess this duping exploit got a lot of attention.

Lucky I have not had a GM speak to me about the 50 or so tae ew hide sacks and dozens leatherfoot haversack I have hidden in the bank. Shame I didn't think to stock up on AAAA but it's supposed to be rare because of the 260 or so sub combines containing many hard to find parts required to make just one AAAA and most of bazaar knows my trader doesn't have any tinker alt. I could have kept a few for when I do need them though :/

aamlord said:
I even mentioned in the original post for any sellers not to be too greedy. Looks like some never read the whole thing or someone copied part of my post to other forum or even to auction sites...

That or someone else was using this method as a means to make cash and when you went public they got pissed cus their plat farm just went down.

The people who are doing 50+ items at a time don't give a turd about wether they get caught or not cus they are just xfer'n the pp and the bags to another alt. They are killing their own balls so it doesnt bother some people.

They are tracking the token-to-bag lady. They dont care about which vendor is doing the duping or that one dude has 200 AAAA's spread out across 12 toons. They are just watchign to see who is making a ton of tokens and then setting up shop.

Im not saying that you wont get caught duping at a vendor but use discreation(sp?).

Yeah that had occured to my mind. I knew about the bug with merchant but not for duping until I saw a post on SOE that got deleted rather quickly. As the bug had existed for about a month, it's likely some plat farmer knew about it and kept it quiet.

You can't release stuff like this that will cause mass chaos. People don't know moderation, as most of the people here are under the age of 16 and don't know how to react when a girl kisses them. They get a raging hard-on for these things and take them a bit too far.

I made a small profit, cause I knew I only needed cash for a few things, I did not need plat to rule the world, just to buy some stuff.

And people wonder why Stuff like this dont get released to the public? Within an hour every bazaar on every server and tons and tons of AAAA, and tae bag and everything else up for sell in huge amounts.

I would of hated to see what Monk Bug would caused if it was wide open to redguides. People bitch about some people keeping some stuff under the table but yet they dont see why they do it. This is a Very good example.

It happens.

I haven't used this thing yet, and probably won't... but damn if it isn't tempting.

"You can't release stuff like this that will cause mass chaos. People don't know moderation, as most of the people here are under the age of 16 and don't know how to react when a girl kisses them. They get a raging hard-on for these things and take them a bit too far."

But for those of us a little older than 16 who subscribe to this site because we can't program ourselves and for the insights of a larger community into the game and it's peculiarities I am glad it was posted. And from what I see here there is probably a working warp out there which frankly some of us will probably never see again.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted (never did ghost kill tho) and I guess if I really wanted warp badly enough I would learn how to do it myself.

i agree, now i will admitt that i did do a little duping but not to extremes, saryrn though isnt that bad from what im seeing. i do see more then usal asking For AAAA's but there isnt a bad influx. im just glad i have two account my mule account for selling and then he gives plat to my play account lol
:p

They fix this/ban the people doing it? Only 5 AAAAs for sale, 1 hole poker, no Tae Ew sacks for sale in bazaar on my server. All at normal prices.

Marbury said:
You can't release stuff like this that will cause mass chaos. People don't know moderation, as most of the people here are under the age of 16 and don't know how to react when a girl kisses them. They get a raging hard-on for these things and take them a bit too far.

WTF you saying? If Mrs. Alba walked over to you and gave you a big ol wet one you would not pop a woody and brag to your friends??? I know I would :P

I made a small profit, cause I knew I only needed cash for a few things, I did not need plat to rule the world, just to buy some stuff.

I made a small profit too. The funds I gain will be funds over time if I am not caught. One of the advantages of owning 7 accounts. 2 accounts were deemed the guinea pigs with no toon over 45. I found out about this bug ~ 8 days before posting here.
As for getting the containers to my main toons. I am pretty sure I am free and clear on that prospect. As for getting the platinum they made to my main accounts, I still have not thought of a safe way. I think the plat they made might meet the poof stick if the encumbered trick dont work.

Ngreth on that post indicated indirectly that there will not be server wide rollbacks but rather individuals. Leads me to believe that they do not know how to fix this bug for the people that exploited it without hurting the honest people topped with the over a month bug. They are looking at some massive database searches with no real easy way to cut off the clever duppers. If they roll back serverwide all servers, they will hurt themselves financially in a big way as that would piss a lot of legit people off.

Personally, I say let the dumb ones get caught, they are bringing it on themselves. I know my two trash accounts are toast. If they contributed properly, my more used accounts suffer some minimal risk but would be hard pressed to catch. The top teir accounts are free and clear with hands so filthy it would make Paris Hilton look clean and hot :)
Shit she is >.<

Well i heard from a GM friend that they are looking into it. It will take some time to look into the logs but he did say that banning is prolly not gonna happen. Lots of suspensions tho

I remember the last time they did mass rollbacks on individuals when they put in beta tradeskill merchants before they were actually supposed to go live. What they did was roll back any individual that had any interaction whatsoever with the npc's, even just browsing their inventories. What sony tends to do now is roll back even the innocent, so if you have any duped bags or profits/plat from duped bags you will most likely receieve a rollback and soon.

if you are sure roll back incoming make corpse they genraly dont roll back corpse ) last roll back with trader beta was the case they dont roll back corpse some profit incoming if they do that

lala06 said:
I remember the last time they did mass rollbacks on individuals when they put in beta tradeskill merchants before they were actually supposed to go live. What they did was roll back any individual that had any interaction whatsoever with the npc's, even just browsing their inventories. What sony tends to do now is roll back even the innocent, so if you have any duped bags or profits/plat from duped bags you will most likely receieve a rollback and soon.

I got at the beta traders rollback with 2 chars 3 rollbacks. Was very nice to login again and lost something.

from EQTraders:

I just spoke to Fairan (formerly known as Nome), the current lead programmer for EQ, earlier today at the Fan Faire. The issue was definitively identified and fixed just two days ago -- according to what he said, it took them a while to nail the exact cause. There's going to be a patch on or around Wednesday to correct it. It would be sooner, but Fairan himself is in charge of handling patches, and obviously being at the Fan Faire, there's not much he can do until he gets back.

Lichd2 said:
...wouldnt the death be rolled back?
Technically yes, but the corpse is persistant. This happened to me with the NPC vendor bug. I bought a metric shit-ton of Dark Elf meat and proceeded to make several illusion potions. I was rolled back the next day, but my corpses still remained and I managed to save several potions due to that reason.

Nightmare327 said:
from EQTraders:

I just spoke to Fairan (formerly known as Nome), the current lead programmer for EQ, earlier today at the Fan Faire. The issue was definitively identified and fixed just two days ago -- according to what he said, it took them a while to nail the exact cause. There's going to be a patch on or around Wednesday to correct it. It would be sooner, but Fairan himself is in charge of handling patches, and obviously being at the Fan Faire, there's not much he can do until he gets back.
You shoul tell him to fix all of the flippin memory leaks while he's at it!

Unlimited bag duping in EQ1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back