• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v9.3 (Nerfed) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RedQuest v9.3 (Partially working for 4/20/07)

Start MQ, but not WinEQ. Right click on the shield, then click on "INI file". Once there, scroll down to [Plugins], then remove all plugins but the very basic ones. If you can't get in game like that, then atm, I don't know what to tell you. Without accounts to test on, I've got no way to even check for this error.

THX RQ, I went into the ini file you said and I took out the bzsearch plugin first to see if it would work and now I can load MQ2 and get into game. YAY NO CTD this round. I am not exactly sure if the bzsearch plugin was the culpret but that fixed it though. :#

Ah, yeah, BzrSearch could be causing those problems...I thought that I had removed it from the compile temporarily, but I guess I didn't. I know that it flat out isn't working now.

I went through and removed them 1 by 1 and mq2bzsrch was defintely what was causing me to crash right before I finished loading from Character select screen.

There any ETA on when warping / exactspeed and all the good stuff be gtg?....or is it gonna be like months before its done?

Zulan -- no.

Warmonger -- All should be fine, but if you're worried/paranoid, don't use the /rezzme command to rez yourself.

trying to figure out which plugins send packets and which do not so as to avoid em

how does that apply to using macs, do those send packets?

guess I just dont know what can send packets

Safe to throw on a Bard marco in HoH etc?

VI -- yes.

Ivan -- if it's in this compile, it's safe.

soes -- It's never safe to run a bard mac in HoH. If your question is, "Is it more dangerous now than it was before this patch to run a bard mac in HoH?", then the answer is, "No, unless your macro relies on speed / warp hacks, or things of the like".

Hope we get to warp and change are run speed again sometime....would suck if Sony found a way to make it where we cant do any of that anymore =*(

Zulan said:
Hope we get to warp and change are run speed again sometime....would suck if Sony found a way to make it where we cant do any of that anymore =*(

The downfall that led to this point is Open Source Code in my opinion. It's like giving your battle plans to the enemy ("Hey, here is how we are exploiting your game code. Please don't fix it.") Sony doesn't play fair if you haven't noticed. They make changes to their shit and don't tell use what they did. However, we First Class Express Deliver our shit to them all in the nice handy dandy little form of a download.

Too all you people out there smart enough to code your own shit and smart enough not to hand your code to Sony, I salute you. You are the people that are probably still Monk Bugging, Ghosting, Warping and flying the middle finger in Sony's face.

Editing the INI, deleting bzrsrch plugin from loading, fixed all my probs. Multi-boxing again with gusto!

hey everyone im not sure if this is posted in the correct forum so if it is i apologize in advance but i have a question. i read the "Uh Oh" post and my question is what exactly does that mean with regards to the plugins that have been removed. again i read the note about if someone posts something they arent require to answer it and can delete the question and be put on probation?? if remember right but anyway if someone wouldnt mind answering my question i would appriciate it.

The downfall that led to this point is Open Source Code in my opinion. It's like giving your battle plans to the enemy ("Hey, here is how we are exploiting your game code. Please don't fix it.") Sony doesn't play fair if you haven't noticed. They make changes to their shit and don't tell use what they did. However, we First Class Express Deliver our shit to them all in the nice handy dandy little form of a download.

Too all you people out there smart enough to code your own shit and smart enough not to hand your code to Sony, I salute you. You are the people that are probably still Monk Bugging, Ghosting, Warping and flying the middle finger in Sony's face.

No, they aren't.

Sony completely fucked everything with this patch. They encoded the way that the packets are sent...while ghosting and warping safely should be possible, unless we find ways to deal with the packet counters on server/client side, there will never be a same way to block or send a packet again. What that means, in layman's terms, is that from now on, MQ2Speed, some of MQ2Pax (the rest can be recoded to use the actual commands), MQ2Ghostkill, MQ2Monk, etc etc...that's all gone.

hey everyone im not sure if this is posted in the correct forum so if it is i apologize in advance but i have a question. i read the "Uh Oh" post and my question is what exactly does that mean with regards to the plugins that have been removed. again i read the note about if someone posts something they arent require to answer it and can delete the question and be put on probation?? if remember right but anyway if someone wouldnt mind answering my question i would appriciate it.

This was changed. Now, since I have limited mod powers, I'll just delete the post. That said, if the question has been answered in the thread, and you ask it anyways, I'm going to be a sad panda, because people who can't or won't read are people who are going to experience the nasty part of natural selection when it comes to SOE banning obvious hackers.

RedQuest said:
No, they aren't.

Sony completely fucked everything with this patch. They encoded the way that the packets are sent...while ghosting and warping safely should be possible, unless we find ways to deal with the packet counters on server/client side, there will never be a same way to block or send a packet again. What that means, in layman's terms, is that from now on, MQ2Speed, some of MQ2Pax (the rest can be recoded to use the actual commands), MQ2Ghostkill, MQ2Monk, etc etc...that's all gone.

Well, if you do find a fix, do us all a favor and post the precompiled MQ2 with the fixed goods in it. Keep the source files to yourself and out of Sony's hands. Make them bust a sweat trying to figure out what you changed to make the shit work again. I see no reason to make things easy on them.

Darknessfollows said:
Well, if you do find a fix, do us all a favor and post the precompiled MQ2 with the fixed goods in it. Keep the source files to yourself and out of Sony's hands. Make them bust a sweat trying to figure out what you changed to make the shit work again. I see no reason to make things easy on them.

Problem with that is the source code is included in order to allow people to compile their own copies of MQ2 and ensure the compiler didn't slip in anything malicious. Technically, there is pretty much no reason for any of us to trust any of the other people, but we largely do anyway. Some folks would see a compile without source file as a red flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQuest

No, they aren't.

Damn i hope you all can find a way around all that server/client side so i can warp / pax / run speed again....goodluck in finding some way !

Sum1 said:
Problem with that is the source code is included in order to allow people to compile their own copies of MQ2 and ensure the compiler didn't slip in anything malicious. Technically, there is pretty much no reason for any of us to trust any of the other people, but we largely do anyway. Some folks would see a compile without source file as a red flag.

You got a point there, however, I'd argue that 90% of people using MQ2, if given open source code WITH something malicious in it, wouldn't know it was there. The majority of people that use this are the "I want to turn it on and have it work" type of people.

If I want a bare bones compile that I know is legit I'd just download the source from the MQ2 website and compile it myself on my Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Professional. However, I like the sporty model with all the bells and whistles. That's why I subscribed to Redguides. Both you and I know that the drive behind this machine could have fooked the masses long ago even with the source code available. However, I don't think that is their intent because doing so wouldln't yield them very much tuna now would it?

Last edited:

I include the source code because it is required by law. The closest that I come to *not* including source code is the RQlib.lib, which holds certain functions, and which I don't give the source code for. If there is a plugin fix for packets, depending on how it is given to me, I may post the source for it. If, for instance, it is posted in the MMOBugs lifetime section, or given to me by friends there, I won't be sharing it. Why? Because they work hard for it there. If they are okay with it, I'll be putting it in the compile, but otherwise, it'll stay there. I would do the same if someone posted it in one of the private groups for RedGuides -- wouldn't share it with MMOB unless I got permission from the poster.

As for the rest, posting our sources and shit...listen to me very carefully when I tell you that SOE didn't need our source codes to know what we were doing. There is ONLY ONE WAY to do what we did, and that's by manipulating / falsifying packets. They don't need to look at our sources to know that, they can look at their own logs to see monks sending thousands of movepackets per minute.

And furthermore, I'm f'ing glad that they did it. It was time for monkbug to be nerfed to hell, especially since Abyss started sharing the version for all classes, which, if I had it my way, would never have left the minds of the people who found it (and I certainly wish that I hadn't known about it).

Point being -- I'll fix this stuff if the fix is posted, but I'm not exactly unhappy that it worked out the way that it did.

Redcent for RedQuest!

Why??? for being f'ing brutally honest about the whole damn thing and having big enuf BRASS BALLS to say it to our face! (so to speak...)

RedQuest said:
And furthermore, I'm f'ing glad that they did it. It was time for monkbug to be nerfed to hell, especially since Abyss started sharing the version for all classes, which, if I had it my way, would never have left the minds of the people who found it (and I certainly wish that I hadn't known about it).

I agree with you to certain degree with the nerfing of Monk Bug. It was running too rampant and if it continued would have destroyed the game. However, with that said, in my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions), monk bug may have extended the life of EQ in some aspects. At a time when EQ server population is declining, numerous people have used monk bug to power level and gear raid quality characters. These very characters now contribute to raiding guilds. Without monk bug they may have never existed.

Then those guilds don't deserve to be where they are. Honestly, using hacked characters because the people who do it honestly just can't cut it? That's pretty sad. If your guild can't do it on their own, then a) work til you can, b) give up, or c) go somewhere else. Anything else is just lying to yourself.

RedQuest said:
Then those guilds don't deserve to be where they are. Honestly, using hacked characters because the people who do it honestly just can't cut it? That's pretty sad. If your guild can't do it on their own, then a) work til you can, b) give up, or c) go somewhere else. Anything else is just lying to yourself.

Maybe in a Utopia these personal beliefs would reign. However, back here on earth, people are innately defiant and predispositioned to partake in behavior outside the norm when personal gain is involved (This statement can be supported by the existence of this web site, MMOBUGS, Kenetix, Player Auctions etc.... along with say how many thousands of people that have subscribed to them).

Each high end guild in EQ more then likely has a standard population of MQers in it that didn't "earn" their character by traditional means. Then, there are those that did earn their character by traditional means but cheat anyhow. I personally observed massive amounts of high end raiders warping all over the place when they believed nobody was looking (yeah, that's right, I saw you). I also observed several high end, long established, characters warping all around the guild lobby when they died while AFK Monk Bugging (OMG, NO WAY, THEY CHEAT??????). Point in hand, a lot of people have been there and done that and are bored with the mundane traditional way of EQ'ing. Thus, this is why people leave and move on, server populations decrease and then servers merge.

Should a lot of the fun active hacks remain nerfed, I predict that we will see a large influx of players, both veteran and new, retiring from EQ to join the masses that were banned. To counter this I'm personally not opposed to a veteran player that has been there and done that hacking a new character up to speed so that the game is revitalized for him/her from the perspective of a new class. In this case one must pick the lessor of two evils. Either loose a seasoned player to retirement further perpetuating the unavoidable deterioration of EQ, or, tolerate a little underhandedness so that he/she might stay.

IS ANY HEADWAY BEING MADE ON NEW PROBLEMS OR ARE WE JUST FLAT OUT SCREWED FOR GOOD WHEN IT COMES TO THOSE CERTAIN PLUGINS?I A UNABLE TO DO THESE THINGS THAT YOU GUYS DO SO WELL AND LOVE YOU FOR DOING THEM:)PROPS TO THOSE WHO PUT SO MUCH WORK INTO COMPILES AND ALSO FOR SAVING ALOT OF PEOPLE FROM GETTING BANNED:) :)

Go away until you can learn not to post in all caps.

The answer to your question, by the way, is that you guys will find out when we have an answer.

actually , i bet you , you have 48 hours untill you get caught. Oh well 5 hours late at night when everythings up wil rake me in 8millsih, so its still worth it too me :)

Just want to (re?)confirm... If it's included in the compiled release, it's safe?
(And conversely, if not, then not.)

I mean.. as safe as MQ ever is.... LOL

what a suck up!

Seriously...was that necessary? IDK about RQ, but when I was doing compiles, it was nice to get a thank-you every so often, instead of a bitchfest.

Seriously, thez is right,

I never did compiles for RG, but I have put alot of macros and help threads up and even if people didnt have a question, it was nice to see a praise post. I lets you know your work is appriciated and it also gave me incentive to make more macros.

Keep in mind, just cause your behind a keyboard dont mean that people dont have feelings and you should always give credit where credit is due. I mean we pay to be a part of this community, seems kinda against the point to pay to be a part of a great community just to be insulted.

Great job on the compiles, I know alot of work goes into fixing plugins and offsets and opcodes each new exe, not including the current problems. And know your work is appriciated.

How does it go ....

If you don't have something nice to say about someone ... then don't say anything at all .... and for those with a problem getting that .... it does not say to a person it says about them .... share your ideas and thoughts about thier work ... and leave it at that ...

Ever seem to notice it's the ones that don't contribute that often, are the ones that bitch the most when something doesn't work? As far as myself, I have chosen not to renew my subscription when it ends next month. I appreciate all the work that everyone has done but I am giving up EQ all together: and I know I haven't posted alot, mainly because I just like to read and learn from everyone else.

Redcents to ALL the compilers and moderators for having the knowledge, understanding, and PATIENCE to put up with everyones grief.

Good luck to you ALL.

I didn't use warp much before and I never touched the Monk plugin, but I desperately miss the /gate command. Does that use warp packets like warping does, or is there a stand-along plugin possible to just /gate? When boxing a melee heavy group, the /gate command is a god send.

Thanks!

PallyBot

PallyBot said:
I didn't use warp much before and I never touched the Monk plugin, but I desperately miss the /gate command. Does that use warp packets like warping does, or is there a stand-along plugin possible to just /gate? When boxing a melee heavy group, the /gate command is a god send.

Thanks!

PallyBot

/gate is part of piggyzone, and therefore its fubar.

I don't post much on here because i come across too much as my name shows. With that said id still like to say thanks to all the guys workin hard at fixing these things. I use most the plugins and have no idea how they work. I understand it takes a bit of work to get these things going and I among others appreciate the hard work. Can't get much better , you guys gather all the goodies into a bundle and put a big ass ribbon around it and hand it out to us. Now the "bundle" is a little lighter but still kicks ass!!! You all rock , keep up the good work!

RedQuest v9.3 (Nerfed)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back