• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v9.3 (Nerfed) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RedQuest v9.3 (Partially working for 4/20/07)

Yeah, my monk is banned and my main account is suspended atm, because I was using them to test stuff before we knew about the packet changes, so I have no way of checking if shite is working. Will get them unbanned in a day or two when my dev friend is free, but still annoying.

If Melee doesn't work, try this one.

thez said:
Yeah, my monk is banned and my main account is suspended atm, because I was using them to test stuff before we knew about the packet changes, so I have no way of checking if shite is working. Will get them unbanned in a day or two when my dev friend is free, but still annoying.

does your dev friend take bribes to make new friends? lol

I used the Mq2Melee from the package, and it seems to be working fine at the moment on my low level monk. All the special abilities seem to be firing, including mend.

We ever gonna beable to use the warps and changing of runspeed's again or is that a no more?

kaneda -- Yes.

Zulan -- When we get it fixed, yes. For now, sit back and be patient.

raistlin8989 said:
lol, thez you just opened up a whole wave of people pm'ing you

He trying for TP's status, :P

Anthrax

Well I feel like a n00b right now, but I keep CTD when I try to zone in from char select... :(

Last edited:

check what plugins you have loaded in your macroquest.ini fierymomof2...make sure its only loading the default, then you can reload your plugins till you find the one thats crashing you

MQ2RWARP
MQ2PIGGYZONE
MQ2GHOST

not included? are they not working yet or...?

Anything that sends out a packet to the server is not safe to use right now. Because of this, the packet sending capability of MQ2 has been disabled. Any plugin that makes use of the "SendEQMesage" function will not be functional until the dev's have released a long term solution to the opcode problem.

I don't have any plugins enabled except what was in the default ini... and stilll ctd'ing :(

fierymomof2 said:
I don't have any plugins enabled except what was in the default ini... and stilll ctd'ing :(

I was using default ini and had no problems with 1 box, but everytime I tried load a 2nd char it would LD. No clue why, it would also close the 2nd client right when the char almost zoned in from character select screen.

Same here. CTD as I'm about to get into the game. I get to the character select screen, click load, and just when I'm about to gain control of my guy, I'm looking at my desktop. Only default plugins are loaded. Even re-unzipped the ini file just to try it.

Well, this compile actually has the gbInZone stuff fixed...but I also have Cast and Melee converted to use INGAMESTATE, since gbInZone ( I think ) is what was causing the problems with the interactions between melee / cast and packet plugins.

fiery your CTD might be because your particular toon is using the "default_old" ini which is no longer supported unless you keep it up to date. i had those issues awhile back and i had to actually go into my INI file(s) and change it from default_old to default and save and then i was fixxed. good luck hope this helps out

Anyone have problem with Exactspeed? My seems not working? :(

zzill said:
fiery your CTD might be because your particular toon is using the "default_old" ini which is no longer supported unless you keep it up to date. i had those issues awhile back and i had to actually go into my INI file(s) and change it from default_old to default and save and then i was fixxed. good luck hope this helps out

Um, k it's late and I'm tired and my brain is full of fuzz lol Which INI file should I go into to see if my toon is using the "default_old" ini? the eqclient.ini file? Looked there, didn't see anything that said default_old...
I looked in my "CharacterName_Server" ini file too, for my main toon, and didn't see anything except "UI=custom" and "Atlasskin=default"
I R confused heh

Atlasskin=default

if thats your custom uis name thats the ui its using.

Don't know if this info will help, but I'm able to get MQ2 to run after I'm logged in. Haven't tried loading up multiple instances of EQ yet, but it worked fine with just one. Will let you know if I can get all 3 accounts up and then run MQ2 and report back what happened.

Anyone have problem with Exactspeed? My seems not working?

Read the first page and pray that you don't get banned.

For those crashing while loading 2 box what i do is load the first one. Then go to the little mq2 sheild on your task bar and click exit. THen load in 2nd toon then reclick the mq2 sheild in your folder to make it run. this is how i did it.

OR

load both toons first then click MQ2 window once both char are in game

thez said:

YES! its working just like it was before :)
I am so relieved this .dll and this 9.3 are working as promised :)

FMo2: You want to look in UI_CharName_Server.ini

At the beginning of the file, look for
Rich (BB code):
[Main]

UISkin=YourUIName

AtlasSkin=Default

someoneorsomething said:
For those crashing while loading 2 box what i do is load the first one. Then go to the little mq2 sheild on your task bar and click exit. THen load in 2nd toon then reclick the mq2 sheild in your folder to make it run. this is how i did it.

OR

load both toons first then click MQ2 window once both char are in game

I finally upgraded my box to have enough RAM to 2-box. Invested in WinEQ. A winner! Load MQ, then fire up WinEQ and two sessions. No problems at all, no CTD, just extra action. Using Red's 9.3 compile.

Ok I have read through the posts to see about CTDing when entering into the game from character select. I am unable to locate the default_old ini file that is listed in one post that is mentioned. I even tried to redownload MQ and it still crashed. I logged my bot in to see if it would crash and it did as well. I turn off MQ and I can log in np but the odd thing is I was running V9.3 on my work comp with np. It has me a bit confused on why it doesnt work on my home comp.

I have the same problem, and my UI files hit my custom UI's, not the Default. It's always a crash just before I should enter the world. If I load the precompile up after I'm in game, I'm fine. Odd...

Unload the plugins one at a time...unload one, log in, if you crash, that's the problem. If not, put it back on the autoload list, then remove the next one.

Once you've done that, let me know which one is causing it.

THIS IS JUST A SUGGESTION...

For all of you who think that it is your ui's that are making you crash. unload MQ2 and exit out of EQ. Then, navigate to your EQ file and delete the default ui folders. You can make a copy and call it something else if you like. Reload EQ and get fresh ui download. Load character in to game, then run mq2. Had this happen to me once before and this got mine working. :rolleyes:

I am running the default UI that comes with EQ nothing special same thing on my work comp dafult UI and it works fine so I really dont think its my UI. I do not run any plugins except what alrdy comes loaded into MQ when you first load up. Only thing I use MQ for any more is the hud and mapfilters. I dont ever have to load any plugins they just automatically work. Sometimes I have to do /mapfilter npc off to turn that off but usually nothing more. How do I unload a plugin that is on auto load? or how do i load MQ after im alrdy in game and still get the MQ box to show in game?

What would cause the same compile to work on one computer but not another?

Edit: I have removed my default UI's and ran a new one just to try and I still CTD. The only thing I can think of that is different between my work comp and home comp is the hud I use so I removed the hud from the MQ folder and I still CTD.

Ive been using MQ2 for the last 1 yr or 2. I have not had this issue before. I am loading it how I always I load up. MQ2, eqplaynice then I bring up the patcher go from there and I am doing nothing different. If I can not get into the game I cant unload the plugin. Once im in game and I load MQ the MQ window doesnt show up so I can add any plugins or take them out. Once I hit enter world it goes all the way to almost letting me in then bam CTD, I never make it in. I've never used wineq so not sure why that has anything to do with it.

RedQuest v9.3 (Nerfed)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back