• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

RedQuest v9.3 (Nerfed) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RedQuest v9.3 (Partially working for 4/20/07)

Is it safe to have MQ loaded simply to use the cleric HUD? It is weird not having all that information up on raids but I wasn't sure with all that has been going on whether that was active/passive or safe/not safe.

I too thank you all for the hard-work. Unfortunately, I am not a programmer so as I look at the macs and such that ppl post it looks like my 2 year old hit the keyboard a few times! More than just MQ - this has been a great forum for getting some general computer help from folks too.

tsguy -- if it's in the compile, it's safe. Therefore, you're fine to use the HUD.

Hey Thez, I haven't downloaded the current compile yet. Is the /fade command still functional and/or safe? If it's part of piggyzone or pax it's probably not working. Thought I'd ask though.

Thanks for the response TheZ. It is nice having the distance to target and regen counter as a cleric.

Much thanks.

Can you guys update your compile for the
Last updated: April 24 2007 17:44:40 (MQ2-20070424).

I'm crashing like a mofo....

Thanks

temp -- Look, I don't necessarily like being an asshole to people, but you're the dangerous kind of idiot. You read just enough to know that there was a new version of MQ2, but failed to read this statement to go along with it:
Just ISXEQ-related fixes.

"I'm crashing like a mofo" doesn't give me any insight into what could be causing it. If I had to guess, I'd say that you have BzrSrch on autoload, which would cause you to crash trying to load into the game. To fix this, open up your Macroquest.ini and remove the "MQ2Bzrsrch=MQ2Bzrsrch" line (or however you spell the plugin name). Save the file, then start MQ2 and load ingame. Interestingly, and unsurprisingly, that answer has been given several times already in this thread.

If that *doesn't* fix your problem, then you're going to have to start giving me details to work with.

*edit* Fade and gate currently aren't in the compile. They are *probably* safe, but I don't know for sure.

Temp
/falls to the ground in shame and ask's for forgiveness ,oh Master Z

I don't ask much! I just ask you to read! =/

I love reading these post its like watching children grow one minute TheZ has a terrible temper the next hes the nicest guy on the fourms I would say Cade is but he likes killing kittens and I just got 2 of them :(

Yeah, Z is one of the few I make sure to pay attention to on these boards. Noticed his quality back when he was compiling for the Board, wife and I used his zips almost exclusively. Now, he is like a cantankerous old man that dispenses pearls of wisdom with the occasional evisceration of those who should know better if only they would put forth a little effort of their own.

Would it be possible for anyone to add an updated (and safe obviously) version of mq2pop? I really don't like how complicated mq2targets is, and its especially tedious for what I would use it for.

I'm pretty certain neither of them are considered "active" hacks, but I would really appreciate it if someone could post a working version of Pop. Redcents to anyone that does! Thanks in advance. :D

dmeyer6743 said:
Would it be possible for anyone to add an updated (and safe obviously) version of mq2pop? I really don't like how complicated mq2targets is, and its especially tedious for what I would use it for.

I'm pretty certain neither of them are considered "active" hacks, but I would really appreciate it if someone could post a working version of Pop. Redcents to anyone that does! Thanks in advance. :D

Search is your friend:

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=16404&page=2&pp=15&highlight=mq2pop

if that version doesn't work, let me know and I will recompile it.

I did search thank you very much, and that link was the closest I could find to a working version, however I don't think that version still works because I crashed shortly after loading it. I will try again after unloading all other plugins to make sure its mq2pop thats crashing me though.

I was under the assumption that those types of plugins rarely need updating, so it might still work loaded by itself; I'll try again and post if needs updating for sure.

**EDIT** ~ Ok I just unloaded everything by deleting the plugins I had loaded off Macroquest.ini before starting EQ or MQ, so I know there was nothing else loaded besides mq2pop. Shortly after zoning I just crashed randomly while not doing anything. I'm assuming a mob or trigger or trap had just spawned somewhere in the zone I was in which caused mq2pop to crash me.

So could someone please post an updated version of mq2pop instead of assuming I didn't use search. :p Redcents to anyone that does.

Last edited:

What part of MQ2Targets is complicated?
Rich (BB code):
/watch notify Hanvar
Nothing seems too hard to me, unless you're having issues positioning it on the HUD.

Second option is to make 2 hotkeys. One that states
Rich (BB code):
/mapfilter npc
and one that says
Rich (BB code):
/mapshow #
Now, to toggle NPC's, just click that first hotbutton. Then to show any named spawns, click the second.

Its more tedious than complicated really. Frankly I don't want to have to /notify every single spawn that I need to watch for. Half the time on new TSS events, I don't even know the name of the adds that are supposed to spawn throughout the event. I explained all of this the last time I requested an update for mq2pop. In fact:

I've used mq2targets before, and I don't like it for what I am trying to get out of it. You have to specify which adds for it to notify you about for each zone, and half the time I don't know what the adds that spawn are called exactly. Also I don't only use it for raids, but when exping as well so I can see when respawns are starting. Pop is just so much less complicated and better for what I use it for.

Not only is Pop 1000 times less tedious on raids, but I still don't want to /notify every single type of trash mob if I'm going to be exping in a zone. I'd rather just keep the MQ window faded in the background with mq2pop running so I can see as soon as adds show up on raids or as soon as respawn starts while exping.

Here is MQ2Pop compiled. I looked over the source, and it should be safe to use. Its a very simple plugin, with just a couple of events in it for spawns and to handle them, and echo the name.

I seem to be having problems with MQ2Link. I can /link any item I want, however, when I try to click on the generated links, all are broken (i.e. don't work). I've tried several different links and none will work..

RedQuest v9.3 (Nerfed)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back