• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Zlandicar Reborn - What amount of DPS recommended? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
550¢
Anyone that has tank/spanked this mission able to post what their team's DPS is? I'm thinking of giving this a shot, but not sure my team does enough though. Full burn, my team is around 1.5mil. DPS.

Anyone that has tank/spanked this mission able to post what their team's DPS is? I'm thinking of giving this a shot, but not sure my team does enough though. Full burn, my team is around 1.5mil. DPS.
1.5 is a bit low - but i think you should be ok - I can turn off burns (so i have them for next mission) and still waste this guy pretty ok.
video in my signature.

it is at least 100% worth giving it a shot imo

Full burns im doing 5+m on him and he absolutely folds over (tho sometimes he will quad you for 120k lol which is dumbbbb

I just did it for the first time. Was way to easy for my group. Warrior t3 CoV gear to the max. Ranger rogue berzerker monk shaman. All max AA. Some t3 on all others. Spank and tank. Used a glyph on tank. Sics video was my inspiration. 💪💪

I farm Zland daily, group setup is War (Mix T2 CoV and T3 ToV) - CLR - SHM - BRD - 2 x Zerk. War on 2 handler for extra dps on Def disc ofc. Everyone Meleeing.

Is the raid version of this mission is a tank and spank too?

My group still failed. Got him to about 7% and had two adds by the time ultimate stand wore off. My DPS started off good but by the end AdvDPS is saying the zerker and rog were 350K/300K respectively over 215 seconds. I know they started off in the 600Ks+ so they must have slacked off over time. My druid was completely slacking for some reason, that would have made the difference. Still seems like this needs a decent group to do. I didn't glyph. I don't like starting with a boss, group needs to loosen up a bit :). All in all it was a hair over 1 million dps which seems really poor even for this oddball group. Makes me despair of doing any other mission tho. Still lots of AA to get on rogue. Warrior and Beserker are max aa, warrior T3 CoV armor. [edit: druid didn't recognize my burn command to it for some reason thats why it was slacking] [edit: MQ2War seems overaggressive using both ultimate stand and finish the fight together, i would have preferred running them serially so that I had some defense left to handle the adds for a bit longer]

Last edited:
If you struggle with this mission at all I would hold off on the others. I don't even need burns to do this one on my team but still get eaten in crusaders for instance.

@Saffron no doubt. Third try on Zlandicar worked once druid burned. No deaths. One add which appeared to depop once zlandicar down. Got Hero of DN, For the Music and Zero Growth achievements. 173 seconds. Berserker 343K, Druid 324K, Rogue 276K, Shaman 147K, Warriror 151K. Not sure how accurate those are as they seem a bit off. Rather proud of my druid such as he is. Not sure why the other burns aren't better.

Killed him again. Berserker died on engagement, second time that happened to me, not sure why. About 190s so took longer. Had at least one add at the end but kept tank up to finish the job.

1609107880488.png

This is what my team is currently averaging on non-burn in WW trash.

Shd, Bst, Ber are in full CoV t3.
Brd is half CoV t1 and t3
Clr is CoV t1
Mag is ToV t1 w/EM27 earring

I know my Bst, Ber, Brd are all lacking hDex. So, i'll be focusing on that for a while.

View attachment 26955

This is what my team is currently averaging on non-burn in WW trash.

Shd, Bst, Ber are in full CoV t3.
Brd is half CoV t1 and t3
Clr is CoV t1
Mag is ToV t1 w/EM27 earring

I know my Bst, Ber, Brd are all lacking hDex. So, i'll be focusing on that for a while.

I’d look at the burn on the ber. In full COV t3 + max aa the ber should be able to hit about 750-800k on his own which means your group should blow throw zlandi no issue. The key thing though is to use your big burn on the ber right when you pop zlandi.

I manu control discs on my 3 ber (one is in TOV t3 the other 2 are tbl raid t2) but they do closer dps than you think. I suspect your issue is more the disc order than anything else.

Big burn should be brutal, savage, jugger, blood pact, blinding fury, spire, desperation, furious/focused ramp.

Pop that paired with bard epic + fierce and I bet the ber hits over 600k+ on his own.

I’d look at the burn on the ber. In full COV t3 + max aa the ber should be able to hit about 750-800k on his own which means your group should blow throw zlandi no issue. The key thing though is to use your big burn on the ber right when you pop zlandi.

I manu control discs on my 3 ber (one is in TOV t3 the other 2 are tbl raid t2) but they do closer dps than you think. I suspect your issue is more the disc order than anything else.

Big burn should be brutal, savage, jugger, blood pact, blinding fury, spire, desperation, furious/focused ramp.

Pop that paired with bard epic + fierce and I bet the ber hits over 600k+ on his own.

I'm still working on my AAs, but I've improved my team enough where I'm doing 2.5m full burn and able to beat Zlandicar now. Still requiring defensive glyph on my SK though.

I bet him easy once and now he is a problem. I have t3 tov warrior maxed AA, my group is t2/t3 maxed AA, WAR CLR MAG WIZ BST ENC I use mq2war for war and ini for everything else... the delay from the ini seems to be killing me. I spam AE runes from chanter, tank with tank, heal with cleric and burn with everything else.

Sometimes Warrior is dead before anything happens.... why did I do it so easy once and now it is a problem? What I am missing? A certain buff maybe? IF everyone started at the same time I would be better. The ini doesnt kick for a few second after the fighter is going... even at %100

I put the tank on tank and hail him, then I have to alt tab to send pets just to jump start it...? Any hints?

I just did it for the first time. Was way to easy for my group. Warrior t3 CoV gear to the max. Ranger rogue berzerker monk shaman. All max AA. Some t3 on all others. Spank and tank. Used a glyph on tank. Sics video was my inspiration. 💪💪

I bet him easy once and now he is a problem. I have t3 tov warrior maxed AA, my group is t2/t3 maxed AA, WAR CLR MAG WIZ BST ENC I use mq2war for war and ini for everything else... the delay from the ini seems to be killing me. I spam AE runes from chanter, tank with tank, heal with cleric and burn with everything else.

Sometimes Warrior is dead before anything happens.... why did I do it so easy once and now it is a problem? What I am missing? A certain buff maybe? IF everyone started at the same time I would be better. The ini doesnt kick for a few second after the fighter is going... even at %100

I put the tank on tank and hail him, then I have to alt tab to send pets just to jump start it...? Any hints?
Zlandi sometimes does very high damage on his opening round.

if you are having trouble i would suggest pre-buffing yourself with a defensive cooldown, a glyph, maybe a hot etc --- like a real player would

Zlandi sometimes does very high damage on his opening round.

if you are having trouble i would suggest pre-buffing yourself with a defensive cooldown, a glyph, maybe a hot etc --- like a real player would

Ok, so everyone can have a laugh at me......... my Mesh wasn't working right, Tank mode only works with a mesh.... ....Not a real player yet.. Ill get there with some guidance, thank you.

I control my SK manually and keep MQ paused on my toons until I have them in place before starting the event.

I hit epic, shield flash and cursed guardian, then immediately start the event text (can click directly on it - think it says "insist") while hitting my button to unpause MQ on the rest of my toons. This gives time for my debuffer to slow while shield flash is still on. As soon as Zlandi is slowed, I hit Tyvil's and switch to a 2 hander while mashing my thwart, rending blade and taps. A few seconds in, I'm also running my personal SK burns which include harm touch. My SK burns alone do nearly a quarter of the damage on this event.

If you're struggling with gear or AAs, just stick with a shield and maybe run mantle defensive instead of cursed guardian.

This event probably lasts no more than a minute for me since I still have at least a minute left on Cursed Guardian by the time it's over. The key thing with this event is killing it quick enough before you get adds. You should be able to cycle through defensives (ie: when mantle is down immediately hit carapace if you're getting that far in). While l see that maybe it's DPS that is your primary issue here, you can still beat it with or without adds if you know how to use your epic and defensives properly no matter what.

Make sure your cleric is pre-buffing you with things like DI, Anticipated Intercalation, Divine Guardian, Vie, Shining Aegis and Jortleg's Retort (sp?).

If you get the two adds due to lack of DPS (and you have a defensive up which is mandatory anyway) then you should hit one of your explosion spells to get them onto you while the bard mezzes them. The adds will depop after an allotted amount of time.

I would re-examine whatever setup you have on your zerker as well because they are so OP that even a badly geared one can put out a huge amount of damage.

If you're on a warrior, it helps to hit Flash of Anger before anything else.

Just hit Flash right before you say insist to start it - gives 12secs to get him slowed

For my warrior, I click the CoV T3 Breastplate, then Fortitude, then /autoattack on, then /say insist. Rest of the teams falls in line. No one but my warrior takes that first round of melee.

My team is WAR, BRD, SHM, BST, BER, BER.

Thank you everyone for you kind responses! I really appreciate the help! It looks like my problem, other than the lack of a mesh, i my casters were too close to him. I changed the ini to start at 100, and made sure all their ranges were 100. I adid just beat him without my cleric and warrior, so I can see why he is a bit of a pushover.

I had the issue where, when the fight starts, no one does anything on kissassist. I cant click of select the mob, and no one is casting. I manually played my wizard for some DPS. I know this issue is probably on the boards somewhere but I can't track it down.

So now running KA, my toons just stand around and do literally nothing. I can't even click on Z. Warrior tanks fine with mq2war and cleric heals. WIZ MAG BST ENC just stand there. I can not even click on Z to send in pets, it just untargets him as soon as I do. I have my assist set at 100.

So because my toons refuse to even target him I have to (in the middle of the fight) end the macro, send it pets and swarms for bst and mag and restart kissassist, then PRAY they are doing something by the time I ALT TAB back around.

Any advice would be appreciated as I search the boards.

So now running KA, my toons just stand around and do literally nothing. I can't even click on Z. Warrior tanks fine with mq2war and cleric heals. WIZ MAG BST ENC just stand there. I can not even click on Z to send in pets, it just untargets him as soon as I do. I have my assist set at 100.

So because my toons refuse to even target him I have to (in the middle of the fight) end the macro, send it pets and swarms for bst and mag and restart kissassist, then PRAY they are doing something by the time I ALT TAB back around.

Any advice would be appreciated as I search the boards.
2 things
MA/MT set?
Assistrange?

those 2 are the most common mistakes

Thank for your reply. when I get right to him all my toons start burning the named, but when he is active they dont attack.. I will check the MT set, but I think I need to pause the macro....

they do NOTHING. MT MA all set, with in range. I made a pause button for the macro. As soon as the fight starts I unpaused the macro. They do NOTHING!!! I cant even click on Z because they target away from him. They do nothing!! Its running for sure. I can't even target him and then the target comes off.

Camp radius is 100. They are 80 away. Warrior is MA and MT. Marco is paused for rest of group (though that doesn't seem to make a difference.) I start with warrior, use defensive AA and such, say "insist" and turn on auto attack. I turn mode to tank and unpause macro for the group. I alt tab to check on everyone else, and they are just standing there, not nuking, not sending in pets, not doing anything at all. I can not target Z to do it myself because it drops right as a do it. I have to END the macro and manually do it, then I restart and they are still doing nothing. 0. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Just standing there watching.

Done this one countless times with a group of war/shm/wiz/merc healer and 2 melee mercs averaging 1.25m over 240 seconds using full burns without glyphs and he’s cake. All toons are max AA with COV group gear. Rarely see the adds pop near the end. I have the war up in Zlands grill when triggering, once slowed debuffed, move in with other toons. Zland tends to one shot other toons standing too close before being locked down by the tank.

Question - Zlandicar Reborn - What amount of DPS recommended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back