• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - zlandicar reborn - how much ac? (1 Viewer)

My WAR is over 9000 AC buffed and i do it every day. I started with much less, i want to say i had Snowbound armor only when i began, but my memory may be wrong. You can easily equip up with Blizzard from drops that rot, especially over this weekend. I use a shield always.

CTWN, shd, ber ber brd, shm, merc healer.

replacing merc healer soon with a bst soon. i have 90% Velium Threaded. I don't have a lot of augs. only 1 of the ber has 2100 hdex, that's about it.

i just got back recently after 20 years and kinda cruised from 1 to 115 in like a month. so not fully familiar with all the buffs. any additional thing/AA/Spell I should activate prior to fight?

so 8000-8500 should be a good number then? need to get augs then, don't see any reasonable way to get past 8000 unless I start spending 2-5m per piece. maybe I should farm TOV a little bit

what about aa's? i got all the auto grant. just started going 100% exp to aa and spent about 4k.

As an SK, anything that will increase your AC. Knights are at a softcap disadvantage as its lower than warriors. Are you using a 2H or 1H and shield? Could play the SK in manual and/or pause the plugin. Start out w/ shield flash and then deflection.

replacing merc healer soon with a bst soon. i have 90% Velium Threaded. I don't have a lot of augs. only 1 of the ber has 2100 hdex, that's about it.

i just got back recently after 20 years and kinda cruised from 1 to 115 in like a month. so not fully familiar with all the buffs. any additional thing/AA/Spell I should activate prior to fight?

so 8000-8500 should be a good number then? need to get augs then, don't see any reasonable way to get past 8000 unless I start spending 2-5m per piece. maybe I should farm TOV a little bit

what about aa's? i got all the auto grant. just started going 100% exp to aa and spent about 4k.
Would definitely suggest shield flash or thwart manually on pull if you don't do the preglyph I mentioned earlier.

Automation doesn't know you're about to start xyz, where you will need early buffs, so approach a fight like this like you would if you were playing your tank manually, then once pulled you can let automation do its thing

And yeah mercs are a big waste, tho that won't help zlandi opening round

Sounds like you're shy on defensive AA's and trying to take on the biggest hitter in the group game

I'd grind some more exp personally

This is what helped me: (I do have a recently raid geared sk with about 70% of the aa's and 8359 AC - She is a work in progress)

/disc Deflection Discipline
/say Insist
/alt act 1112
/disc Unending Acrimony (I added this because he kept killing my Bard at the start)

There may be better start keys but this worked and now he goes down a couple of times a day as I gear up my newish group and nobody dies..

Shield Flash then immediately hit "Insist" gets me through every fight. The opener and what follows is what gets me. Shield Flash blocks the opener entirely which lets the shaman/cleric (depending on which I'm using) to keep up with everything that follows the first 4 seconds or so.

12k AC

450k HP

1 hit dead pally.

gonna try later with 500k HP and 12k AC.
I have less AC than you. The key is to survive the initial assault. I have shield up and hit deflection discipline, say insist and while having attack on so Zland is engaged immediately. I have mage pet attacking right away as well.

I am using rgmercs and it will throw on mantle after deflection is done.

I use shield, still eats me 1 hit ko.

Falls flat on face, drops like a fly.

But! I think Agi is the key here, more agi=better chance of taking the hit. (Avoid in this case)

For the OP, use the tips and tricks listed. pre staging your def makes it smoother.
Peppe, I am not sure about that. Ive done him with a baby SK, wearing tov/cov group drops and only autogrant AAs.. is it a challenging? yes, but if a 340k/8800 tank can do it, you should be able to last through the initial onslaught :-/

At 11k AC, I still have to Shield Flash right after activating him or I will often get one rounded. If you AC is too low, you may also have to dragon glyph to tank it.

Zlandicar is a straight fight, But you have to look for one thing that makes him a bit difficult regardless the ordinary tank/heal routine which is this trigger:

"" Zlandicar shouts, 'Suffer in as your flesh rots away "".

which will trigger his Rotining flesh spell "70% more damage from his DD spell with some reverse damage shield".

so I suggest curing it immediately is the key to win this event.

Taking under consideration that Mercenary healers are not curing I would ask a Real cleric to stay behind me to do it.

Zlandicar is a straight fight, But you have to look for one thing that makes him a bit difficult regardless the ordinary tank/heal routine which is this trigger:

"" Zlandicar shouts, 'Suffer in as your flesh rots away "".

which will trigger his Rotining flesh spell "70% more damage from his DD spell with some reverse damage shield".

so I suggest curing it immediately is the key to win this event.

Taking under consideration that Mercenary healers are not curing I would ask a Real cleric to stay behind me to do it.
Since the achievement "Skin Care" requires allowing both debuffs to run their full duration, curing them isn't the key (I'm not sure they even are curable tbh, sounds like wasted healing time to me)

12k AC

450k HP

1 hit dead pally.

gonna try later with 500k HP and 12k AC.

I'm with you Pepe. I don't have CoV yet so i haven't tried that content, but playing a pally main for a long time I have noticed that it is much harder to stay alive than SK's and Warriors. I have never been able to do current content namers with a 2h. A shield has always been a must. I am drooling over your AC and HP you must have some nice gear :p

For the OP having a real cleric in the group should help a lot as well. The 10% mitigation aura and the extra hp aura added to the 2 different mitigation spells makes a huge difference. I kill the Tizmak Augur a lot (that is my exp grind spot) and when I'm using my shm instead of my clr the fight is super close, like I am spamming heals on my pally to not die sometimes, but when I use cleric I don't heal on the pally nearly as much unless those two mitigation buffs are down. and I sure can tell the difference.

So I have 2 raid geared (full tov t2) tanks SK/Pally. I've been running the 4 cov missions all week to gear up some other boxes ores (In fact I just finished ZLani while typing this). Both groups get cleric/brd - pally gets 3 rogues and sk 2 ber / bst.

Ary is easier on the pal due to group heals and the dps is less bursty and more consistent which just makes it easier.

Zlandi is easier on sk because of big burst + epic on sk. That said on pally I run 2hander with holyforge for dps. I sometimes pop glyph just to make it easier but candidly if I just ran a defensive wouldn't be an issue at all.

I have a shaman that can replace cleric and I can do these missions with shm but I think people underestimate the power of cleric to make this a lot easier. Wielding 2 hander I'm some where around 9500 AC (with armor aa on) and 500k hp.

I started doing it with my Sk an he was just under 8k, but had a shaman doing some heals also, didn't try it with just the cleric. I have done it with the sk ac at 8300+ with only a cleric on heals an have had no issues

I run this a lot with 8600AC/440k PH Pally. (Without special Glyphs and AA's running)
The initial hit is rough but I seldom get knocked out anymore.
I run with shammy (MQ2Shaman Hybrid) and Cleric. Will often do it with a Cleric merc and Shammy.
Here is my Hot Key

INI:
Page10Button7Line1=/pause 4, /alt act 2019
Page10Button7Line2=/pause 4, /alt act 1112
Page10Button7Line3=/pause 4, /tar Zlandicar
Page10Button7Line4=/pause 4, /alt act 5104
Page10Button7Line5=/say insist

8600 AC you should be fine, at 10600 you should be almost unkillable for 2 mins.

You also gotta handle the standard dragon - wild rampage mechanic. Almost immediately after engage whomever is 2nd highest on aggro will likely cop a double round of 100% strike through damage. Lots of times it’s the cleric, shaman or bard. The earlier advice is good, I pop deflection instead of flash, simply coz the CWTN plugin almost never uses deflection, so I lead with that just before say ‘insist’ and it’s normally pretty straightforward from there.

The wild rampage mechanic is also really evident in the Crusaders mission.

Last edited:
omg seeing you guys with 500k hp and 10k+ ac make me feel like an ant.... lol

are you guys reaching that with raid 2 gear?

i have a few piece tov raid gear but it seem i am still very far from those numbers

10k+ ac means raid gear. So before doing Zlandi you probably want full ToV gear, preferably t3 i you can box those missions. The ores drop so quick. Once those are maxed out you need all AC augs + and ideally a full set of Dex type 5 augs. where are you at aug wise? any augs below 40ac?

Also are you running tribute guild/personal and any trophies?

barely any augs at all, i did get about 10 AC augs for the tank and only purchase a full set of hdex augs for 1 of the berserker. the rest of the box are running minimum stuff as i wanted to be able to farm them myself.

no clue how tribute guild/personal trophies work. i saw a trophy from quest that gave like 3000hp and some ac quest, was planning on doing that later. need to find it again..i lost the item link.. i think it's something camp

what guild tribute and trophy should i get?

barely any augs at all, i did get about 10 AC augs for the tank and only purchase a full set of hdex augs for 1 of the berserker. the rest of the box are running minimum stuff as i wanted to be able to farm them myself.

no clue how tribute guild/personal trophies work. i saw a trophy from quest that gave like 3000hp and some ac quest, was planning on doing that later. need to find it again..i lost the item link.. i think it's something camp

what guild tribute and trophy should i get?
wayfares camp is anni 2 group task. unless your on FV its gone for the year :(

Question - zlandicar reborn - how much ac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back