• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Zlandi question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
820¢
Hi All,
I am quite new to Zlandicar fight. On my first try, I was able to defeat him without any problem, so I assume my team can handle him. After that though, I had two wipes, probably due to bad positioning. Part of my team was in the water and did not do any dps.
Is there anything to know on how to position him? I have a warrior as tank, had him in the front, hailing and stuff, and the rest of my team on Zlandi's rear and a bit to the side, away from the water... but it still seems like the ended in the pool. Oh, and also, on my third try, the warrior was immediatelly dead after hailing, and after rez my rogue did not do his propper assist. Any tips on how to avoid that?
Thank you

What you do is position Main tank near the ramp side and all DPS toons at the rear.

Start of the fight , hit Fortitude and then follow up with Flash anger. This will give you time to draw all the aggro you need and not having to worry about getting hurt for 20 seconds or so. Then use your Defensive disc and you should be fine rest of way through.

I use CWTN Plugins, and KA on bard. All toons are set to stick from behind and set to assist at 100%. Pop Disc, automelee, say the saying as part of a hotkey, go get some cold refreshments, come back and open chest. Donezo. I put my back to that little pool of water, and let my toons do the rest. I have never had trouble except when I was undergeared and didn't use disc/glyph. My shaman died because I forgot to autoattack and my BST/SHD combo healed through it once.

If you're using cwtn plugins, snap roll left works great as well for me as I had the same problem with them attacking from the front.

I use these settings for everything. The front setting is for when I want in front, like Aten Unstomped or Cheese room Obiluite or whatever.

INI:
[Stick]
UseStick=true
StickHow=Do not use percent signs in the stickhow listings, unless you double percent it like: "55%%".
StickSelection=0
StickHow0=behind 10 randomize delaystrafe moveback uw
StickHow1=front 10 randomize delaystrafe moveback uw

I have never paid attention to positioning on Zland, didn't realize there was a reason to. Pretty much just have everyone standing right in front of him.

Can also toss lev on your guys. I hit my best def cd before he does his attack. u have a moment after u hail. then hard agro. i stand between the pillars with sk tho. my guys r leved i think... god its been a while. pretty sure i had issues with being knocked into the after at some point myself and figured it out. I went thru the files and just knocked it from 99% attack to like 98% so my sk had a second to build up threat. always had zerker/cleric getting crushed at first lol. small things were able to fix that tho. and he gets real easy once u make those minute adjustments

best of luck,. sorry if im late to the dance. been away

Last edited:
Question - Zlandi question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back