• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Your favorite Expansion? (1 Viewer)

Kyle

RedCents
161¢
Well, its 5am and I'm waiting to go to work, all the bots are running for once when I wake up so there's nothing to do but come here and post random bullshit.

Anyways, what is or was your favorite expansion or event in EverQuest 1?

Personally, I loved Secrets of Faydwer, maybe it was because I finally got to level 75 and could do some stuff! However, I'm not sure why that was my favorite. If you played in Secret of Faydwer you probably remember grinding Crystallos Faction, trying to get a spot at the Dragonscale Hills farm, trying to farm S.H.I.P for loams, etc.

I have played since I was 7 years old, currently about to turn 21, so I've experienced a LOT of expansions and raids, if I remember correctly, The Bazaar had just come out when I started playing.

House of Thule would have to be my next to favorite, because by then I discovered MacroQuest and was able to breeze right in and be one of the first game-wide to finish progression (granted, it took all day and night) but House of Thule was a fun expansion as well and probably my favorite after they introduced Mercenaries in Seeds of Destruction.

I have played all of the current ones with The Broken Mirror being my absolute LEAST favorite, even Call of the Forsaken was better in my opinion, but maybe that's because I wanted to find rares?

Definitely Kunark, The 1st is the best. Back when Quests were Quests and quested gear meant something.

SoF was great as well with the introduction of mercs, made LFG less detrimental.

Easiest freaking question EVER...

Planes of Power. Definitely. Every day. I LOVED that expansion, and incidentally, it's also about when I swapped from a mage to a bard as a main. Bards were incredibly overpowered back then... with the ability to swarm kite entire zones of mobs with ae dots for massive solo experience and the tricks you could pull with bellow and fade and all that. It was by far my favorite experience in EQ. I also liked the raiding progression, as well as the keying. I remember my first foray into Bastian of Thunder... heh... awesome :)

I am torn, my favorite was Velious but after 6 months of that on TLP, I may change my tune to Luclin. With a close trailing Planes of Power. I'm sure those are feelings based on nostalgia more than anything mechanical with the expac.

Don't forget everyone, Velious unlock on Ragefire is announced today!!!

I am with Nyghteyes. Luclin is my favorite. Hopefully we only get 3 months of Velious on Ragefire! With Luclin you get AA's and the Bazaar(?). You can have all your toons regardless of deity and race bound in the same city without grinding faction!

Mine would be LDON. I wasn't into raiding or boxing yet and didn't know what MQ was so it all had to do with how fast I could find people to group with. I came back when LDON came out and can remember doing those things with the same pug group for 10+ hours. It was nice being able to log on every day and find a real full group that was up for doing them all day.

PoP was my favorite back in the day. I love the zones in TDS but I hate that you need progession to unlock them. Combine Dredge is an awesome zone with great quests... So is Thulisaur. I just don't want to walk through progression ever again.

Seeds of Destruction.

Mercs were introduced, as well as fantastic group / raid content. Good progression, easy but good. I like the story and progression of the main hub as you worked through the main story. Also the final boss was epic (very easy but man he was HUUUUGE!). Was the last time I raided in Everquest at a high level. Underfoot came out and made me quit when the entry zone kicked my ass in full raid gear.

GoD was f'n hard mode as hell... I was a weak little mage back then haha.

Hot damn, yeah GoD 1.0 was stupid ridiculous.

GoD made me want to cry a little every single time a raid got called. It wasn't until they re-tuned the raids to be level appropriate that it was slightly less suck-festy.

Question - Your favorite Expansion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back