• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Bans - Your account has been banned... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM Roshen on the forums. In the past i've gotten Roshen to overrule CS on suspensions and bans. I wouldn't go this route unless you're 100% innocent though. And lets be honest how many of you are telling the whole story here.

aint that the truth, i got a suspension under SoE and it was well earned because someone petitioned me (it was a friend) for AFK using competition software (we all know who) for the clockwork monster mission that took about 5 mins back in the day. got suspended and didnt even try to dispute it cus well i knew i was at fault so why press my luck.

Hi all. looking for advice on if i should appeal a ban or not. i had 10 accounts banned, 1 was 105 zerker, a level 90 something ranger and the rest were heroic toons that had not been played at all besides being mules for test copying stuff.
no toon had been played afk, i did buy a raid copy on the ranger and the only other thing i can think of is that i logged in on my laptop at my girls house. oh and only 4 of them had 2fa done.

cheers for input

edit: you guys are right.. they don't care. why should i bother? =p

leaving the important part in:

Agnarr Spell Research Guide

tinyurl.com/agnarrspells

enjoy :)

Last edited:
....but the shift in policy being handled this way and overall lack of communication is sad.

enjoy :)

Their shady behavior has not changed in over 17 years, when they were SOE or Daybreak. Changing the name of the company from SOE to Daybreak, doesn't mean their culture or ethics have changed, because the most of the same people are working there after the name change (i really should make this my signature). They have known whats been going on for almost 2 decades, all they care about is the revenue. It's been a hush hush policy to allow RMT and mq2 usage before even eqmule contacted them 3-4 years ago. Their bottom line has always been to make as much money of this game regardless of ethics.

So this seems rather silly to be banning all of sudden, as their only hurting themselves, something else is going on..... either they finally hired someone at the executive level that is finally cleaning house internally, and won't stand for this type of unethical behavior, as well actually has some vision for the company or something else.....

This reminds me of the Weinstein fiasco in the news lately lol. Now their thinking about changing the name of the company. As if that will solve anything.

If players aren't willing to email and possibly even call the people in charge of the investment company that owns them and report his/their behavior I don't see how anything can be done. People at DBG are not going to investigate their coworker. I guess we'll see what happens. Someone posted the emails on page1 of the people in charge but it seems like the majority dont want to speak up from fear of having their other accounts hit. I don't see how Columbus Nova could have any clue what is going on. They have more important things to manage. As said a few posts ago GMs have sold stolen/duped currency/items in the past. The EQ franchise with disconnected phone #s, support tickets blockable/buryable, and being a 17+ year old game is ripe for fraud.

We are all criminals of RMT

I don't care if you've never sold an item, you're guilty of RMT and let me explain why...

You're human and because the person carrying out the investigation has absolutely all of the power.

Say Remdag bans your accounts, he investigates you and finds a transaction that you made with a friend that has no logs attached to it.... Here are a few ways that can happen:

1) You were talking on voice chat with a friend and you traded ingame items or kronos. Remdag can't see you had a legit transaction for it cause it happened on voice!

2) Maybe some guy said if you helped him complete <this> task he'd toss you a krono. The character you help him on is the opposite one he gives the krono too. Uh oh!

3) You have an explanation for Remdag for everything; he keeps going back months and months until you can't remember that far back and finds one thing you can't explain....

Now you're perma banned for RMT. It doesn't matter if you actually did the crime or not anymore, only what Remdag thinks and when you play the "god of the gaps" argument like it seems Remdag likes to do you can keep pushing back until you find something the person can't explain... Then you just go "well there you have it, banned".

This is my biggest concern.

We are all criminals of RMT

I don't care if you've never sold an item, you're guilty of RMT and let me explain why...

You're human and because the person carrying out the investigation has absolutely all of the power.

Say Remdag bans your accounts, he investigates you and finds a transaction that you made with a friend that has no logs attached to it.... Here are a few ways that can happen:

1) You were talking on voice chat with a friend and you traded ingame items or kronos. Remdag can't see you had a legit transaction for it cause it happened on voice!

2) Maybe some guy said if you helped him complete <this> task he'd toss you a krono. The character you help him on is the opposite one he gives the krono too. Uh oh!

3) You have an explanation for Remdag for everything; he keeps going back months and months until you can't remember that far back and finds one thing you can't explain....

Now you're perma banned for RMT. It doesn't matter if you actually did the crime or not anymore, only what Remdag thinks and when you play the "god of the gaps" argument like it seems Remdag likes to do you can keep pushing back until you find something the person can't explain... Then you just go "well there you have it, banned".

This is my biggest concern.

I knew living my life without friends or willingness to help strangers would work out in the end.

Here's a thought.

The accounts banned when adding 2 steps did you add 2 step to any accounts that did not have the same billing info as the others ?

This account did have that problem but none of my others that are 2fa and different info got banned. All of my accounts would fall under that since I was in the military when I started my most of my accounts, and I have a different area code from the zip code of all of my accounts. None of my accounts were started in my home state.

Lost a handful of other accts, pretty certain it's an ip ban against ip addresses from a common free VPN provider.

Their add 2fa seems broken for me. Keeps throwing "unexpected error"

Ya I had a pal who got banned after adding 2FA also, which is really odd... makes no sense unless they're matching area codes to zipcodes ?!
Buffington honestly it's hard to tell, I'd say if you dont appeal the ban then they wont look into you and youll be okay, in my experience appealing always lead to losing more accounts myself. But on the same spectrum it seems some people that get banned just have to petition, add 2FA, and verify account details (that you're the owner) and get unbanned, so you choose, or wait see what others do and what happens.

Yeah man. I'm letting this one slide for sure and cutting my losses.

I am still waiting to hear back on mine. I have done nothing active and no afking. the only reason I can think of them banning the account is doing the 2fa for one country while I am in another or the fact that it was 2fa and not my account originally.

I am not banned. Yet, as far as I know. But a guide just visited where I was leveling up a new toon, empty zone. Pretty much no one ever there but me. We had a very random conversation.

You know, I think I am not going to pre-order the next expansion at all. I am not worried about being banned. If they think what I do is ban worthy, than they should ban me and I will move on with life. But I am not appreciating having uncertainties hung over me. If it comes to that, I will take the safest route, which is not allocating any more of my $$ to them.

I am not banned. Yet, as far as I know. But a guide just visited where I was leveling up a new toon, empty zone. Pretty much no one ever there but me. We had a very random conversation.

You know, I think I am not going to pre-order the next expansion at all. I am not worried about being banned. If they think what I do is ban worthy, than they should ban me and I will move on with life. But I am not appreciating having uncertainties hung over me. If it comes to that, I will take the safest route, which is not allocating any more of my $$ to them.

Dont want the stress of being banned or not being banned dont cheat :cool:

I'm wondering if it had more to do with my handing over a krono to a new account within an hour of the guide showing up than anything else. Also /who showed that person as a "guide". Thought those were just volunteers from the player base that herded people through "fun events".

I'm wondering if it had more to do with my handing over a krono to a new account within an hour of the guide showing up than anything else. Also /who showed that person as a "guide". Thought those were just volunteers from the player base that herded people through "fun events".

What server?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guides also answer petitions. A guide is not supposed to answer petitions on his server but happens periodically. they are volunteers and have to do so many hours of stuff on the chosen server and get their account gold for free. one of the guys in my guild was a guide and a couple of other friends including my ex wife were guides as well. They can put a suspension and ban on your account though. IIRC they put a suspension on the account and send the information up to someone like Rem for the actual ban. I will talk with a couple people I know are guides and get more information about that later though.

Dont want the stress of being banned or not being banned dont cheat :cool:

How can you say this to someone that owns all of his accounts minus 2 that were given to me by my bestfriend that passed away , and all I did was changed CC information because my CC was no longer valid, to my GF CC that lives in my house. ? I verified this information and still was banned based off the name's on the CC information and Address different. ? This statement is vague and not cool imo. to those of us that did nothing wrong. I can show you the day I started the accounts the email confirming I started the accounts and everything?

PS sadly a Fing enough the 2 I inherited were not banned. they are BS toons nothing on them worth bragging about all low levels. but they weren't touched

I wouldn't even worry about guides, I see them quite often in newbie zones or low level zones, or hot zones when I'm pl'ing a toon. Guides have zero power, their just players who volunteer to run events and answer player questions. The worst thing that could happen is they report you to a GM on mq2 usage which is no different then a regular player ratting you out to a GM on mq2 usage. Think of them as guppy players wannabee GM's who run events their so lovey dovey about, which 99.9% of the player base isn't even interested in participating in those shit events:toot:

I wouldn't even worry about guides, I see them quite often in newbie zones or low level zones, or hot zones when I'm pl'ing a toon. Guides have zero power, their just players who volunteer to run events and answer player questions. The worst thing that could happen is they report you to a GM on mq2 usage which is no different then a regular player ratting you out to a GM on mq2 usage. Think of them as guppy players wannabee GM's who run events their so lovey dovey about, which 99.9% of the player base isn't even interested in participating in those shit events:toot:

Guides have plenty of power. They can't outright ban you themselves but after 5 months of being one myself I can tell you that most of the GMs are going to believe a Guide who says "I saw this person botting" and will ban/suspend you for it on their word alone. Senior Guides can also put your account on suspension until a GM has time to look at their report but that's only used in extreme cases where what the person is doing is massively affecting the server.

Long story short, treat a Guide like you do a GM. If you're in some zone that gets zero traffic botting and suddenly a Guide pops up then they're there for you.

Long story short, treat a Guide like you do a GM. If you're in some zone that gets zero traffic botting and suddenly a Guide pops up then they're there for you.

Only thing I can think of is that the krono trade involved no plat exchange which I guess makes it look like an RMT and maybe that trips their checks.

Only thing I can think of is that the krono trade involved no plat exchange which I guess makes it look like an RMT and maybe that trips their checks.

I've traded over 2000+ krono without any plat or item exchange. I doubt they are looking at that. I can't imagine how many trades they'd have to look at on a individual basis daily, they don't have the resources to go through that.

Remdag not only told me the original information was not what was on file but the closed the ticket sand removed my ability to create a new ticket about anything. Guess I will have to create a second account to continue the petition.

Remdag not only told me the original information was not what was on file but the closed the ticket sand removed my ability to create a new ticket about anything. Guess I will have to create a second account to continue the petition.

Did mine as well and he seems to be the only one answering ban tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of adding a new CC. I wanted to add a European CC on an US account, which - of course - didnt let me. So i used a wrong billing adress and US postal code on the CC info and no more problems. Guess its only a matter of time when they stumble across this and ban me too. well, only a couple accounts so what. Its interesting tho because i own those accounts for like 10 years and never had a problem with them using my Euro cards. No 2step, no krono trades etc.
Well, we will see.
Another strange thing happened like a month ago. Some person wanted to change the PW on one of my bought accounts. So i get an email about that and didnt pay much attention since i have all infos from said account (SQ etc). 2 days later i want to log on and it didnt let me. I get a message that they encountered suspicious activity on my account and i need to do 2 step which i did. (again, US account but euro phonenumber). So far i can play without any issues.

I have been playing since 1999 and use MQ for years but some strange things going on now. At least banning me for using monk bug years ago was a clear thing lol, but this is shady.

Looking forward to the new expansion, sounds like it'll be a little bit more involved than what we've seen since TDS, but really hesitant about buying anything more from DBG with what's going on here. Not gonna stop using MQ2, not gonna change how I play.

Just got hit by this yesterday.
Put in a ticket - and boom - They just marked it solved with no explanation. RiP 29 accounts

Last edited:
Been going through and making all my accounts 2-step. Not sure why they limit you to 6 a day. All my accounts started out under my name, all same email, always paid for by me. If their reasoning for 2-step is to round-up everybodies accounts, whatever, it's all already plain for them to see what accounts are linked to me. But everything, everywhere is going to using your phone to confirm stuff anyway. I don't think 2-step is anything more than them just doing what every other business is doing for confirming who you are.

From my side i can confirm it's only for 2FA reasons. Had 6 accounts created same date, same email, same level and gear, always grouped together. Two of the 6 had 2FA set which escaped the ban hammer, the rest of the 4 accounts got banned.

From my side i can confirm it's only for 2FA reasons. Had 6 accounts created same date, same email, same level and gear, always grouped together. Two of the 6 had 2FA set which escaped the ban hammer, the rest of the 4 accounts got banned.

Were you able to set up 2FA and get them unbanned?

Well I can add my purchased accounts to the ban. TLP servers with no MQ2 ever on any of them but they were purchased off here. So its a little odd on how they are doing it. I logged into two of the accounts after the patch today and all was fine, then when I logged in later to play they are banned. The banned accounts are from 3 different sellers.

So there are only two links here- my ip address which is used to run the purchased accounts now compared to the ip address of the creator and adding my info for the CC and payments. 2 banned accounts were krono only and never had any personal info until I added mine to it which included 2fa.

And the other link is Redguides... there is something happening inside the community that is linking us all together.

On the pissed off side of things I have a ticket with them confirming my CC info is removed and will not be charged again. I find it extremely shitty that I cant log into the membership side of the account and remove the CC info for my security.

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and its probably time to work harder and play more with the family.

Bans - Your account has been banned...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back