• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Yet another patch (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
porthio god how long its been since i have seen him lols i see his cat all day but as for him hes never up on my server and one guild thats trying to work threw that part has some guildies that stay in the zone 24/7 trying to catch who ever is doing it so im sure ill start seeing and god for bid have to kill his ass again with my guild soon cant wait lols but your point is good some people have gotten out of hand with this hack but i think after a while of the massive bans going on that the dumb shits that are killing stuff that other legit guilds need for prog and useing it in the open zones they will be gone and mabey just mabey things will calm down if not nerf the shit out of it i dont care monks are in need of a super nerf any way lols my rogs sick of getting out parsed on raids

Also that person could have just bought that account from ebay or something when peeps sell accounts they disband the guild petitioning for that is just a lame ass thing to do

johns4peaches said:
As far as the person who was invited to your group Keith, is it not possible they were in an uber guild? Who's to say they got everything they wanted from raiding with a guild, and decided they just wanted to play for the sake of playing. Unless you knew them and of their exploits, how can you assume they're GK'ing or useing ubermonk?

When you're wearing 2-3 loots from porthio, 2-3 loots from High priest, and have a CoA BP with less than 30 days played ... well then that's not a very difficult thing to spot at all. What's even funnier is when the idiot authenticates his magelo showing > 1000 aa's with less than a month played. GK twinks are all cookie-cutter with the exact same gearsets. Nobody really farms HP (at least not on my server) and most people won't do porthio enough times for a single toon to get several pieces of loot. Is it possible they're legit, yes ... but highly unlikely. As to the selling ... yeah that's what a lot of the GK farmers do. Buy a cheap account ... PL a toon to 75 + 1000 aas in a day or 2, then farm them some gear and re-sell it for 800 to 1000+ dollars. Some of the toons you see running around didn't hack for their loot personally, they just bought a hacked toon.

petitioning for that is just a lame ass thing to do

Mind you, I didn't call him out or petition him, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think it isn't noticable. One of the unfortunate side effects of this is that even legit monks are guilty until proven innocent. These days even I find myself immediately thinking "well there goes another hack" whenever I run past a 2.0/AMV/HP_tonfa monk. Ironically, unless I recognize their name I'm generally more often right than wrong, and all it takes is a simple inspect and you get a pretty good idea. If you're really curious just search for magelo or eqplayers. My server hasn't killed OMM very much, which leaves a 10% chance per AMV kill of a BP hitting the server (90% droprate off OMM). My guild got maybe a half dozen in a year. Moral of the story? You don't just accidently get a CoA bp without someone remembering it.

I can spot a hacker from a mile off generally because I know the ins and outs. I could pass a toon a few months ago and be one of the only ones in the zone that really knew the how/why behind the toon. Since the 30+ threads on EQLive and the constant bitching on server boards, these days a favorite game for some people is 'count the hackers' as they run through the lobby. The more people wisen up to it, the more questions you'll need to be prepared to answer. There are a few highend guilds on my server that farm CoA for alts with 2-4 groups ... they've got an explanation to offer up, but the random people in no-name guilds or unguilded are going to have a harder time.

I agree to that, I didn't know all the circumstances earlier. Yes I suppose only thirty days old and that well geared is definatly asking GM's "Please BAN ME, I'm an idiot!" LOL.

I think thats why that dont go banning all the uber monks. You can server transfer, disband guild, do a name change, transfer charcter to a new account, and it resets days played. So maybe a monk on your server has gear that he shouldnt. Did he GK it? probably. But innocent until proven guilty.

So dont assume someone is cheating until you catch em.

I've had both a server transfesr and a namechanges done several times each and it didn't reset my days played. I haven't swapped a character to a new account though ... so I can't speak for that.

To a trained eye all you need is to examine their magelo or inspect them. In those cases where you've got a bunch of clues I assume guilty until proven innocent regardless of the class (unless their toon has a history on the server). High priest loot (even more than porthio and CoA BPs) is the dead giveaway. That said, I have never petitioned anyone for GKing. I've stumbled across some real asshats doing boneheaded things ... even in those cases I shoot them a tell informing them that their recklessness will land them in hot water if they aren't more careful. More often than not I get a "lolz thx sorry duderz ill bee more carefol". It doesn't bother me that these people exist and are getting tons of aa and gear. The only thing that bothers me is when I see longstanding guildmates and friends keep quitting out of frustration only to be replaced by applications from these incompetent boobs :p

Any hack is A-OK in my book until it starts to threaten the playerbase. We've got enough attrition due to sony's incompetency and new shiny games ... we certainly don't need to add insult to injury by chasing out the dedicated players that actually keep this game running.

Any hack is A-OK in my book until it starts to threaten the playerbase.... we certainly don't need to add insult to injury by chasing out the dedicated players that actually keep this game running.

Does this paragraph just look wrong to anyone else?

Thats like saying "I will use any exploit I find until someone figures it out and starts stealing it from me"

That's not at all what it means. It means exactly what I said. Any hack that threatens the dissolve the playerbase and draw the full wrath of sony to our doorsteps is a hack that'd be better off nerfed.

You don't read EQLive much do you? We see a thread like this pop up about twice weekly:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=109284

I don't remember anything getting this much publicity since the afk-tradeskill-bots that were churning out truckloads of PP every day in thurg.

KeithClancy said:
That's not at all what it means. It means exactly what I said. Any hack that threatens the dissolve the playerbase and draw the full wrath of sony to our doorsteps is a hack that'd be better off nerfed.

You don't read EQLive much do you?

You forgot to add "after i'm done using it"

Server and account moving doesn't change days played. Days played travels with a character regardless of name changes, server changes, account changes etc; the monks you see with full Anguish, Demi, TSS, whatever at 30 days played - are not old characters.

Yet another patch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back