• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - yet another group make-up thread (1 Viewer)

lefidous

RedCents
250¢
I am making a group that is centered around making wizard shine. Now I know that wizards are in a bit of a rough state, and they are out classed by others. However, the group comp so far is wizard/ench/bard/druid, and the question is, for the last two slots what would make wizard shine more? I was leaning to shaman for malo and SK for group mana. Using druid as a main healer is an option, and then using a bst for mana pump. Just curious to what the consensus was for a group thats design wasn't min/max as a whole, but min/max making the wizard do the most damage and have the smoothest play?

Not a MAG (or WIZ) expert, but I thought their synergy helped fire spells which the wizard has. That would give you a pet tank and adps for your WIZ, combined with a SHM healer should be good. CLR is probably more survivability but less synergy with your group as a whole, but SHM/CLR are probably equal (at zero) as far as your WIZ is concerned so dealer's choice.

I tend to agree with Knave here, but I have to ask, where is the tank?

Last edited:
With your current group set up I'd add an SK/MAG or MAG/MAG for pet tanking and the synergy to benefit the wizzy.

If you're open to suggestions on the current make up, drop either the ench or bard and add another wizzy into that slot for either SK/Dru/CC/Wiz/Wiz/Mag or Dru/CC/Wiz/Wiz/Mag/Mag or Dru/Bard/Enc/Wiz/Mag/Mag

I think necros are "givers" too in the caster dps realm, but I havent played a necro before so i couldn't tell you if its a good choice or not.

With your current group set up I'd add an SK/MAG or MAG/MAG for pet tanking and the synergy to benefit the wizzy.

If you're open to suggestions on the current make up, drop either the ench or bard and add another wizzy into that slot for either SK/Dru/CC/Wiz/Wiz/Mag or Dru/CC/Wiz/Wiz/Mag/Mag or Dru/Bard/Enc/Wiz/Mag/Mag

I think necros are "givers" too in the caster dps realm, but I havent played a necro before so i couldn't tell you if its a good choice or not.

Synergy is good I forget exact details though (on nec).

Biggest problem is the ops group is so heavy on support and wiz dps is subpar.

Honestly I started a new group recently. Just maxing aa and geting epics but sk, shm, brd, bst, rogue, wiz isn't horrible. I need to tweak my Wiz ini though as I think it's subpar. Unfortunately outside of mage there isn't much use to casters these days in group game and even mage is weak. And before somebody says it yes necros are good in raids - mobs die too fast in group though.

I am making a group that is centered around making wizard shine. Now I know that wizards are in a bit of a rough state, and they are out classed by others. However, the group comp so far is wizard/ench/bard/druid, and the question is, for the last two slots what would make wizard shine more? I was leaning to shaman for malo and SK for group mana. Using druid as a main healer is an option, and then using a bst for mana pump. Just curious to what the consensus was for a group thats design wasn't min/max as a whole, but min/max making the wizard do the most damage and have the smoothest play?
You're going to want to want the adps offered by the following...
Mage, Enchanter, Druid, Bard
If this is a group needing to self supportive then you'll need a tank like an SK or Pal

On the other hand, if its a dps group and you don't need a tank, then put in a necromancer

You're going to want to want the adps offered by the following...
Mage, Enchanter, Druid, Bard
If this is a group needing to self supportive then you'll need a tank like an SK or Pal

On the other hand, if its a dps group and you don't need a tank, then put in a necromancer
It's a scintillating idea after propping a melee crew for second team - im thinking of ubermage tankinig with the rest - maybe props with bl - will be interesting with no regular tank..

It's a scintillating idea after propping a melee crew for second team - im thinking of ubermage tankinig with the rest - maybe props with bl - will be interesting with no regular tank..
I wasn't suggesting that you play without a tank - I was allowing for the possiblity that you are running more than 1 group. You can have a tank group and a dps group.

Synergy is good I forget exact details though (on nec).

Biggest problem is the ops group is so heavy on support and wiz dps is subpar.

Honestly I started a new group recently. Just maxing aa and geting epics but sk, shm, brd, bst, rogue, wiz isn't horrible. I need to tweak my Wiz ini though as I think it's subpar. Unfortunately outside of mage there isn't much use to casters these days in group game and even mage is weak. And before somebody says it yes necros are good in raids - mobs die too fast in group though.
Are your melee ftp? Just curious how a ftp melee stacks up vs wiz or mage in dps.

Are your melee ftp? Just curious how a ftp melee stacks up vs wiz or mage in dps.

Nope FTP changes things a lot. My guys are max AA and really strong gear. But When not capped you pretty much have:

Rogue / Ber > ranger/mage > war/bst (yes not joking) > everybody else it’s so bad after that not worth directing who is worse. My groups also run with bst/brd so adps is super solid.

Question - yet another group make-up thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back