• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Yeah... not great... (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,052¢
Hey Guys,

So I've had a limp for about 3 months plus a cough since mid December. I thought it was just a n infection plus I could have twisted something whilst out walking the dog. Anyway, it just wasn't going away so I booked a Doctor's appointment and went along. Got a referral for x-rays on both areas. Results came back in two weeks later in which time I had a coughing fit one day and developed a pain above the heart. Doctor said there was a lesion under my knee and a shadow on the right lung. Shit! Well, looking positive and awaiting the further referrals for a CT scan and MRI. CT scan was pretty quick and I had it a couple of days after. Got the Orthopedic surgeon appointment at end of the month. The cough was pretty constant but the day after the CT scan, I woke in the morning with massive pain above the heart... clammy, etc. Called 111 for advice, asked to go to hospital... went to hospital.

The heart turned out to be fine... normal ECG etc. Had more x-rays and another CT scan. Had to wait around then was given information but all I heard was cancer and malignant. More referrals booked. Leg progressing getting worse, the day after I returned to hospital. More bad news - large mass in left lung (why I have the pain there (where I THOUGHT the heart was lol), nodules in the right ("here I am stuck in the middle with you"), on my kidneys (looks like that's where it originated) and my hips. Still unsure about the leg but I'm optimistic!

Anyway, I'm speaking to the oncologist on Monday and they will be able to let me know what happens next re biopsy and treatments.

I'm really happy I came across you bunch of misfits all that time ago! EQ has been the one game that has notched up the culmination of my Steam Games. It's been a lifeline, provided enough comedy (and anger) to warrant me playing. I'm continuing to do so! I want to get my team to 115 before I buy the expansions but I'll get to 115 before I do that.

Anyway, point of the story is even if you feel the littlest bit ill or have a pain etc... don't wait too long before checking it out!

I'm about to sub another 6 months... will re-sub after that!

Nice!

Hey Guys,

So I've had a limp for about 3 months plus a cough since mid December. I thought it was just a n infection plus I could have twisted something whilst out walking the dog. Anyway, it just wasn't going away so I booked a Doctor's appointment and went along. Got a referral for x-rays on both areas. Results came back in two weeks later in which time I had a coughing fit one day and developed a pain above the heart. Doctor said there was a lesion under my knee and a shadow on the right lung. Shit! Well, looking positive and awaiting the further referrals for a CT scan and MRI. CT scan was pretty quick and I had it a couple of days after. Got the Orthopedic surgeon appointment at end of the month. The cough was pretty constant but the day after the CT scan, I woke in the morning with massive pain above the heart... clammy, etc. Called 111 for advice, asked to go to hospital... went to hospital.

The heart turned out to be fine... normal ECG etc. Had more x-rays and another CT scan. Had to wait around then was given information but all I heard was cancer and malignant. More referrals booked. Leg progressing getting worse, the day after I returned to hospital. More bad news - large mass in left lung (why I have the pain there (where I THOUGHT the heart was lol), nodules in the right ("here I am stuck in the middle with you"), on my kidneys (looks like that's where it originated) and my hips. Still unsure about the leg but I'm optimistic!

Anyway, I'm speaking to the oncologist on Monday and they will be able to let me know what happens next re biopsy and treatments.

I'm really happy I came across you bunch of misfits all that time ago! EQ has been the one game that has notched up the culmination of my Steam Games. It's been a lifeline, provided enough comedy (and anger) to warrant me playing. I'm continuing to do so! I want to get my team to 115 before I buy the expansions but I'll get to 115 before I do that.

Anyway, point of the story is even if you feel the littlest bit ill or have a pain etc... don't wait too long before checking it out!

Nice!
@nicesandwiches best of luck and a speedy recovery friend

No good! I really hope that this is a fight you will win. I will send prayers your way. Keep strong and optimistic. Mindset plays a large role in overcoming physical / health challenges. We are all here for you!! 🙏

I think you nailed it. For so many of us EQ has been here consistently regardless of what is swirling around IRL. Do your best, it is the most any of us can do.

Health issues are never fun, but I'm really hoping that you're able to fight through this. Wishing you all the best and hope to hear good news about your speedy recovery, my friend

Hey Guys,

Nice!
Chin up man, cancer can be beat. I'm a living example.

Eat well, breathe deep, and relax.

You got this.

BB~

Last edited:
Lady on youtube from New Zeland talks about nature cures and helps for cancer and liver, said using castrol oil in a cloth and wrap over your liver it will get absorbed aand start helping, I did it 10 years ago and worked to clear up some cysts .... also 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper 3x a day suppose to be real good for immune system....i started on 1/8 ts. working my way upto 1/4
your in my prayers..God speed good luck, obviously i cant remember her name, sorry

Ug.. very sorry to hear. However, know that it's a better time to get cancer now than at any time in the past. I'm a 5 year survivor and, unfortunately, my wife how has cancer and is going through chemo.. but they insist she will survive it as well. The treatments they have these days have really improved and I know so many survivors. Ya, it sucks. As others have said, FUCK Cancer!
I hope you have a great support system with friends and family (so important!) and a great Oncology team.
Please don't get sidetracked with all the nonsense cures out there.. do what your oncology team tells you (if you trust them, if not, find a better doctor!) Many of the 'natural' remedies are fairly benign, but some can really be detrimental. Be careful and use yer head! And I'll be sending good vibes yer way!
Cheers

I'm really happy I came across you bunch of misfits all that time ago!
My friend, I think most of us are right there with you, you sound strong and confident. This old game we all love so much, is a great connection point, but this community of nutty Misfits of Science are what really brings a smile in my heart. Every one of us has aged a lot since whenever we started EQ, so most of us have 'stuff' going on healthwise, I sure do, best I can say is I'm so happy to hear no matter what, you sound like a strong dude coping with crap. Good to be strong, but you are always welcome to talk about issues here. This place has become way more than a simple game place.

In my mind I'm still as cool as that awesome Camaro KITT from Knight Rider, reality I'm likely more like the jalopy the Beverly Hillbilly's drove.. ah well..I still can HONK. God Bless ya @nicesandwiches

knight rider kitt GIF
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Wheee'Doggie !

Sad to hear the news but you seem to have a strong resilient attitude. I'm impressed by the stories others have shared here and the support this community is quick to offer. Hopeful that things like that can continue to provide encouragement throughout!

Hey Guys,

Nice!
I just wanted to welcome you. And wish you the best. Reading this really hit home. I have really bad arthritis in my right knee and a baker cyst under the knee cap. The MRI tech thought it was cancer. I had a 2 tumors in my right lung. I wasn't so lucky there. That was a few years ago.
I don't keep track of beating cancer. That gives it too much power in my life. But you can do it. I know you can. And if you ever need anything at all, in game or out. I'm here to help.

I don't like the term cancer survivor. It was just a bad time in my life. I have 3 non malignant brain tumors, multiple sclerosis and I've had a stroke. Cancer had to get in line.

The really cool thing I found were how many people actually cared. It's the main reason I have to believe in the good in people because I saw it. I'm sure you will too. People care and that matters.

Jesus you guys really put things into prospective! Regardless of what I’m going through, there’s always someone who has it worse and beats it! Hence my positive attitude! Unfortunately, here in the UK, I’m gonna have to suck up the chemo… however, a friend of mine has just ordered me a shit-tonne of Rick Simpsons Oil… praying it clears customs! Looking forward to that arriving lol

Sending positive vibes from across the pond. (realised you're in the UK as well :) )

Cancer is a wicked disease but, as many have shown, it can be beaten.

Update… the lesion in my knee has made my left leg bone weaker! Found out by breaking my femur yesterday.

Sat in hospital on drugs and in pain. They were going to put a nail through but have decided that might not be best course of action due to the weaknesses in the bone. Referral to royal orthopaedic to see if a replacement would be better!

Update… the lesion in my knee has made my left leg bone weaker! Found out by breaking my femur yesterday.

Sat in hospital on drugs and in pain. They were going to put a nail through but have decided that might not be best course of action due to the weaknesses in the bone. Referral to royal orthopaedic to see if a replacement would be better!
DUDE!!! You are one dedicated trickster, breaking your femur to get some happy pills and (hopefully) pretty nurses around you. Have them set you up with a notebook and after you get some pain meds, you can go all Leroy Jenkins !
Jokes aside, hope you get better sooner than later, most of us are in a lot of understanding here. Thanks for the update, this is your community, will do prayers for you man.

best of luck <3 im so sorry oyur having to endure this. keep fighting sweets <3

Just under three hours to go…. Sure I’m just stressing for nothing! At least that’s my brain talking to me? Let’s do this!

Time to start saving for an RG Mug for positive vibes. Prolly won’t be live again until around 6 pm due to some aversions with general anaesthetic!

Fuck cancer, but you got this man, it'll be a long road, but it's always worth fighting. My dad beat cancer 4 times, the first of which was in the early 90's when he was in his mid 50's and he made it to age 80.

Just under three hours to go…. Sure I’m just stressing for nothing! At least that’s my brain talking to me? Let’s do this!

Time to start saving for an RG Mug for positive vibes. Prolly won’t be live again until around 6 pm due to some aversions with general anaesthetic!
Good luck !

IRL - Yeah... not great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back